Thread: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

This mod is in my opinion better than Darthmod. The UI is beautiful, I love the unit cards with the little flags in them so you see where they're from.
    It just needs a bit more optimization.
    For example starting with money. Not to much but maybe somewhere between 5000 and 10000, so you don't have to wait a turn and you're able to stop a rebellion. Or build up your economy.
    Having somewhat higher public order, or at least higher public order in your home region.
    Having more ammo and not running out after 4/5 volleys (and no, unlimited ammo is not a solution, it's the complete opposite of the current problem).
    Cannons should have IMO more range.

It could also do with a launcher of it's own, like Darthmod has, with the options. Accessibility would greatly improve.

Other than that, this mod is absolutely amazing, the units look so much better than Darthmod (not that Darthmod is bad, but it's just 'less').

I'm looking forward to the next update.
    Maybe you should also consider making a page on moddb, it would give your mod more popularity. Otherwise I'd offer to do it for you if you want, I've never made a page on moddb, but I'm sure I can think of something.

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Nvm the cannons, maybe my version was bugged or something. Cannon range is fine, I would like 4 cannons per unit though.

its possible to have the extra naval Unit from AUM

Lordsith, I request you to merge both this thread and the gameplay options thread. I downloaded ID6.3 on the same day that you made it available, which is nearly a month, but I only discovered the thread for gameplay options a day ago! So, please merging these two threads would be very helpful. Thanks for making this mod, this is the best mod for ETW that I have played.

Quote Originally Posted by NSAWatchlistBait View Post
    Lordsith, I request you to merge both this thread and the gameplay options thread. I downloaded ID6.3 on the same day that you made it available, which is nearly a month, but I only discovered the thread for gameplay options a day ago! So, please merging these two threads would be very helpful. Thanks for making this mod, this is the best mod for ETW that I have played.
    Oh man, I did'nt mean to post this comment here, sorry, I can't find an option to delete it

Btw, I'm able to run the game, but there aren't any letters. Do you guys know what happened?

Yes !
    You should extract "English Text" (zip file) in your data folder...

Hello,

Is it normal that i can't do nothing more than commercial aggreement,declare war and alliance with other factions in campaign?

Greetings Lord Sith,

As always I would like to start by saying thank you for all the hard work youÂ’ve put into this mod. I still hope that in the next update the ammo is increased for all units, which I believe like many others, is the most important thing to be done. But may I propose three things that apply to naval battles of which two are less important in my opinion:
    1. While this may not be that big of a deal, but could you please make it so that every nation does not have the same paint style on their ships. Historically they didnÂ’t all have the same style, plus it makes the game look much cooler
    2. This one is most important. I noticed that when I play naval battles MOST ships sink rather than surrender. Again, historically this is incorrect. Most captains would rather surrender than sink because they didnÂ’t want their crew and wounded to drown (most sailors of the day couldnÂ’t swim).
    3. A small detail I noticed is that the cannons on the ships seem to never get destroyed by enemy fire. (Correct me if IÂ’m wrong). But could you please make it so that at least some of them get destroyed when hit.
    Sorry for the long paragraph, thanks!

It shouldn't take an entire in game year to march from Vienna to Saxony. The game starts to get unstable after 100 turns can you please address the campaign movement speed to a more balanced level or at least provide a reasonable explanation as to why movement is so slow?

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

A small review of version 6.3
    I helped a friend in his VENETIAN campaign i want to mention some things.
    First of all his campaign was played on hard/hard 20/14(armies/fleets), 4 tpy.
    1)
    Venice starts with 2 regions and in the beginning is mainly at war with barbary states.I had two random declarations of war from DENMARK AND PORTUGAL.Both tried to land troops via ships.My allies are mainly AUSTRIA,OTTOMAN EMPIRE.I Cant say they help much.Human allies for some reason seem weak enough to support you,while its every tough to form military alliances as other nations,that could benefit from an alliance stubbornly dont join you and refuse offers.One other aspect of military alliances are that they tend to break ,espesially from alliances with superpowers that sell you in the first war declaration and wont join you.
    I am not sure though, if table values from diplomatic relationsships pay any role in that.to prob into that i see nations have positive value towards vs you,good stance, good public opinion be at war with you.Sounds little awkward.Diplomacy should be simpler and more constractive show that the game be more challenging and demanding espesially after 100 turns.
    2)One other problem i saw is that AI fails to deal with extreme situations immediately and has severe problems in defending against raids and the most of it can be experienced in port raiding.
    You can attack for example a enemy port capture it or having a fleet near it ai doesnt send you their fleet even close to you to crush you.They wont deal with you at once,they have late reactions.
    They also have trouble defending ports.ALL MAJOR PORTS are being raided recaptured and the same things goes on and on again,formimg a vice circle that can cause problems in nations growing espesially the major ones.
    UKs port being raided by FRANCE or vice versa.DUTCH BEING BLOCADED in turn 1! PRUSSIA RUSSIA AUSTRIA most of the time have their ports raided,you can trade with them or even if you do you get nothing from a smashed trade route.
    I would like to see some nations being reactivated into more agressive civs and invade more to each other NOT attacking the human player all the time.We have very limited expendition invading forces via sea.Very small number of invasions in Europe and none in india!
    3)In land battles deployable defences should be back,as well as mortars in sieges.new morale and fatique system seem to work fine.I would like to see more flanking with cavalry and infantry advancing at the same time.As well as immediate deployment from artillery.
    I like sieges seem to be very improved.
    I want to say more about naval battles because i played many in the Venetian campaign.
    Many ships sink or explode rather than surrunder.Shooting from aboard results in nothing.Admirals very expensive in comparison with generals.Some unjustified and strange morale drops in human ships cant be explained.You can see enemy ships never to flee with very limited crew or guns but human ships after a good volley could flee even having many guns and crew intact.Ships have big upkeep

Suggestions
    1)find a way to use the morale system ingame it does literally nothing
    2)Bring back gift system with lower prices in order to lure ai follow you
    3)Personally i like the become protectorate option.i could force a small region become my protectorate and FOLLOW me in all my wars!
    4) A small boost in economy should be given.I had 40 ships with venice they had a huge amount of upkeep.For more than 30 turn i was - in trade income even though more than 25 ships were trading!
    5)Threaten instead of offering something does what?
    6)Can you add to euro rakes the option to sabotage army,option available in native ameican scouts only?
    7)VDM mod has reached a threshold?Can it be expanded further?
    8)Some nation units should be boosted?Why dont Indians have elephants?
    9)Better types of infantry should use more advanced firing drills
    10)Find a way to use GUard mode and skirmish mode more efficiently

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Aggelos_GR View Post
    A small review of version 6.3
    I helped a friend in his VENETIAN campaign i want to mention some things.
    First of all his campaign was played on hard/hard 20/14(armies/fleets), 4 tpy.
    1)
    Venice starts with 2 regions and in the beginning is mainly at war with barbary states.I had two random declarations of war from DENMARK AND PORTUGAL.Both tried to land troops via ships.My allies are mainly AUSTRIA,OTTOMAN EMPIRE.I Cant say they help much.Human allies for some reason seem weak enough to support you,while its every tough to form military alliances as other nations,that could benefit from an alliance stubbornly dont join you and refuse offers.One other aspect of military alliances are that they tend to break ,espesially from alliances with superpowers that sell you in the first war declaration and wont join you.
    I am not sure though, if table values from diplomatic relationsships pay any role in that.to prob into that i see nations have positive value towards vs you,good stance, good public opinion be at war with you.Sounds little awkward.Diplomacy should be simpler and more constractive show that the game be more challenging and demanding espesially after 100 turns.
    2)One other problem i saw is that AI fails to deal with extreme situations immediately and has severe problems in defending against raids and the most of it can be experienced in port raiding.
    You can attack for example a enemy port capture it or having a fleet near it ai doesnt send you their fleet even close to you to crush you.They wont deal with you at once,they have late reactions.
    They also have trouble defending ports.ALL MAJOR PORTS are being raided recaptured and the same things goes on and on again,formimg a vice circle that can cause problems in nations growing espesially the major ones.
    UKs port being raided by FRANCE or vice versa.DUTCH BEING BLOCADED in turn 1! PRUSSIA RUSSIA AUSTRIA most of the time have their ports raided,you can trade with them or even if you do you get nothing from a smashed trade route.
    I would like to see some nations being reactivated into more agressive civs and invade more to each other NOT attacking the human player all the time.We have very limited expendition invading forces via sea.Very small number of invasions in Europe and none in india!
    3)In land battles deployable defences should be back,as well as mortars in sieges.new morale and fatique system seem to work fine.I would like to see more flanking with cavalry and infantry advancing at the same time.As well as immediate deployment from artillery.
    I like sieges seem to be very improved.
    I want to say more about naval battles because i played many in the Venetian campaign.
    Many ships sink or explode rather than surrunder.Shooting from aboard results in nothing.Admirals very expensive in comparison with generals.Some unjustified and strange morale drops in human ships cant be explained.The mishooting is very high many rounds fly in orbit!You can see enemy ships never to flee with very limited crew or guns but human ships after a good volley could flee even having many guns and crew intact.Ships have big upkeep

Suggestions
    1)find a way to use the morale system ingame it does literally nothing
    2)Bring back gift system with lower prices in order to lure ai follow you
    3)Personally i like the become protectorate option.i could force a small region become my protectorate and FOLLOW me in all my wars!
    4) A small boost in economy should be given.I had 40 ships with venice they had a huge amount of upkeep.For more than 30 turn i was - in trade income even though more than 25 ships were trading!
    5)Threaten instead of offering something does what?
    6)Can you add to euro rakes the option to sabotage army,option available in native ameican scouts only?
    7)VDM mod has reached a threshold?Can it be expanded further?
    8)Some nation units should be boosted?Why dont Indians have elephants?
    9)Better types of infantry should use more advanced firing drills
    10)Find a way to use GUard mode and skirmish mode more efficiently

When did the 6.3 version been released?
    i downloaded the mod 2 weeks ago and it was the 6.2

UPDATE
    i will try to describe how nations expand
    UNITED KINDOM:
    Strong,solid build up,very agressive with humans and stubborn in diplomcy.Rarely does invade more than one time.Has some problems with port defending,fights with catholic nations such as france and spain.Solid in America,doesnt invade india.Sometimes it trade.
    Upgrades buildings but its late in upgrading the baracks.
    Has some revolts in scotland and ireland
    FRANCE:
    Strong too.It has problems with ports being raided blocaded.Stubborn in diplomacy too.Isnt very strong in continental land wars in Europe as it used to be because they keep building forces elsewhere.They attack UK ,Savoy and some catholic nations.They even sometimes attack spain!!!which is very odd.If their ports is blocaded early they will have problems building naval forces and land forces.
    They dont invade India.they keep being strong in Americas.They become ferocious with the dutch and blocade them from turn 1
    SPAIN
    In war with dutch from turn 1 in every campaign!They have several scattered regions in europe(Flanders,Milan,mediterrean islands)They get ferociously raided blocaded by barbary states and have much trouble maintaining naval power in europe.Both barcelona and cadiz almost anytime being raided.
    The attack dutch from flanders and later morocco.They get really mad with human player.They are very strong in americas destroying many native american tribes(apaches,cherokes).
    They never attack invade in india.In my last campiagn they got invaded by arcot from a fleet!!!They keep the balance in Italy never attacking Italian-friendly states
    SWEDEN
    They fight with russia from the beginning,and they seem to win most of the time.They port gets raided manytimes.They have a region in continental europe (riga i think) and sometimes may fight with polish too.
    Rarely do they get agrressive with catholic nations such as france and spain or austria and they seem really busy fighting the Russians.They never invade human or India.They sometimes attack-capture trhe pirates in america.
    AUSTRIA
    weak naval power because their ports get blocaded-raided early in the campaign.They are quite friendly with Italian nations and spain.In land they fight with ottomans and german protestant nations.
    RUSSIA
    The lack of a good port early plays a significant role.They clearly lose from swedish and have a tough time as they are exposed in many areas and its regions are vast and underdeveloped.May need of some extra starting units in some areas
    PRUSSIA
    THEIR port is getting blocaded,they become still in in naval warfare.In land they fight poland and austria as well as some small german nations in their struggle to form big GERMANY.
    as a human player i dont get much trouble from them
    POLAND LITHUANIA
    almost nowhere to be seen in seas,it has much trouble from swedish and their port blocaded often.In land they arent that strong too.They have many wayouts in central europe in all direction but it seems they are there to LOSE.relative weak nation never have i seen them invade much or having a strong fleet
    OTTOMAN EMPIRE
    Maintains its regions has serious problems being blocaded in sea.Fights with austria art the balcans, russia in crimea,persia in the east.Doesnt pose a major threat in strong europeans.Invades human player a lot.Sometimes it has problems transfering troops from anatolia to their capital region something that always caused the ottoman turn lag.
    DENMARK AND PORTUGAL
    Both Very agressive with humans and very stubborn in diplomacy.If you are catholic they will always attack-invade you.Both nations start with 2-3 regions (ICELAND,Norway,denmark) and (PORTUGAL,GOA).
    Danish rarely attack other ai nations in order to expand
    Portuguese never expand in india and sometimes they are attacked from the spanish
    They never invade in americas
    ITALIAN NATIONS (VENICE,PAPAL STATES,GENOA,KNIGHTS OS ST JOHN,SAVOY)
    They stay active help each other,attack barbary states,ally with spanish.Hold strong naval forces.Weak in land and never invade
    GERMAN NATIONS(Hannover,Munster,Bavaria,wurtemburg,Saxony)
    Stay ally with prussia fight with austria and poland and sometimes with france.Hannover may build a navy sometimes.Nothing special
    EASTER and other single region nations (Crimea,Georgia,Moldavia,courland,don vosko, etc)
    Weak and passive they seem to survive in the game but nothing more
    PERSIA
    could be a big threat but stays passive.Attacks and fights ottoman.Weak in seas rarely invades india.Needs some boosting
    INDIAN NATIONS(mughals,maratha,arcot,mysore,banjar)
    India has been stable enough something that it was a problem in etw for many years.The great war is betweet maratha-mughal the other seem to trade and remain neutral.Mughals even starting with more regions they seem to lose the war almost in every campaign due to 2 reasons1) they are underdeveloped and 2) they get their port blocaded.
    Rarely they invade europe except to attack a human player.They keep good relations with europeans portuga,dutch that have starting regions in india
    NATIVE AMERICAN NATIONS
    THEY Seem to harass england,france and spain and they stay there the longer they can before being assimilated

IMO
    the alliance matchups should be based or religion
    ENGLAND-DUTCH-SWEDEN-PRUSSIA-DENMARK-PORTUGAL
    FRANCE-SPAIN-ITALIANS-AUSTRIA-LITHUANIA???
    RUSSIA-MOLDAVIA-HETMANATE-UK-FRANCE-SPAIN
    OTTOMAN-BARBARY STATES- MAROCCO-CRIMEA
    ITALIAN STATES-AUSTRIA-SPAIN
    GERMAN STATES-PRUSSIA-DENMARK-UK
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; July 27, 2020 at 09:56 AM.

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Aggelos_GR View Post
    UPDATE
    i will try to describe how nations expand
    UNITED KINDOM:
    Strong,solid build up,very agressive with humans and stubborn in diplomcy.Rarely does invade more than one time.Has some problems with port defending,fights with catholic nations such as france and spain.Solid in America,doesnt invade india.Sometimes it trade.
    Upgrades buildings but its late in upgrading the baracks.
    Has some revolts in scotland and ireland
    FRANCE:
    Strong too.It has problems with ports being raided blocaded.Stubborn in diplomacy too.Isnt very strong in continental land wars in Europe as it used to be because they keep building forces elsewhere.They attack UK ,Savoy and some catholic nations.They even sometimes attack spain!!!which is very odd.If their ports is blocaded early they will have problems building naval forces and land forces.
    They dont invade India.they keep being strong in Americas.They become ferocious with the dutch and blocade them from turn 1
    SPAIN
    In war with dutch from turn 1 in every campaign!They have several scattered regions in europe(Flanders,Milan,mediterrean islands)They get ferociously raided blocaded by barbary states and have much trouble maintaining naval power in europe.Both barcelona and cadiz almost anytime being raided.
    The attack dutch from flanders and later morocco.They get really mad with human player.They are very strong in americas destroying many native american tribes(apaches,cherokes).
    They never attack invade in india.In my last campiagn they got invaded by arcot from a fleet!!!They keep the balance in Italy never attacking Italian-friendly states
    SWEDEN
    They fight with russia from the beginning,and they seem to win most of the time.They port gets raided manytimes.They have a region in continental europe (riga i think) and sometimes may fight with polish too.
    Rarely do they get agrressive with catholic nations such as france and spain or austria and they seem really busy fighting the Russians.They never invade human or India.They sometimes attack-capture trhe pirates in america.
    AUSTRIA
    weak naval power because their ports get blocaded-raided early in the campaign.They are quite friendly with Italian nations and spain.In land they fight with ottomans and german protestant nations.
    RUSSIA
    The lack of a good port early plays a significant role.They clearly lose from swedish and have a tough time as they are exposed in many areas and its regions are vast and underdeveloped.May need of some extra starting units in some areas
    PRUSSIA
    THEIR port is getting blocaded,they become still in in naval warfare.In land they fight poland and austria as well as some small german nations in their struggle to form big GERMANY.
    as a human player i dont get much trouble from them
    POLAND LITHUANIA
    almost nowhere to be seen in seas,it has much trouble from swedish and their port blocaded often.In land they arent that strong too.They have many wayouts in central europe in all direction but it seems they are there to LOSE.relative weak nation never have i seen them invade much or having a strong fleet
    OTTOMAN EMPIRE
    Maintains its regions has serious problems being blocaded in sea.Fights with austria art the balcans, russia in crimea,persia in the east.Doesnt pose a major threat in strong europeans.Invades human player a lot.Sometimes it has problems transfering troops from anatolia to their capital region something that always caused the ottoman turn lag.
    DENMARK AND PORTUGAL
    Both Very agressive with humans and very stubborn in diplomacy.If you are catholic they will always attack-invade you.Both nations start with 2-3 regions (ICELAND,Norway,denmark) and (PORTUGAL,GOA).
    Danish rarely attack other ai nations in order to expand
    Portuguese never expand in india and sometimes they are attacked from the spanish
    They never invade in americas
    ITALIAN NATIONS (VENICE,PAPAL STATES,GENOA,KNIGHTS OS ST JOHN,SAVOY)
    They stay active help each other,attack barbary states,ally with spanish.Hold strong naval forces.Weak in land and never invade
    GERMAN NATIONS(Hannover,Munster,Bavaria,wurtemburg,Saxony)
    Stay ally with prussia fight with austria and poland and sometimes with france.Hannover may build a navy sometimes.Nothing special
    EASTER and other single region nations (Crimea,Georgia,Moldavia,courland,don vosko, etc)
    Weak and passive they seem to survive in the game but nothing more
    PERSIA
    could be a big threat but stays passive.Attacks and fights ottoman.Weak in seas rarely invades india.Needs some boosting
    INDIAN NATIONS(mughals,maratha,arcot,mysore,banjar)
    India has been stable enough something that it was a problem in etw for many years.The great war is betweet maratha-mughal the other seem to trade and remain neutral.Mughals even starting with more regions they seem to lose the war almost in every campaign due to 2 reasons1) they are underdeveloped and 2) they get their port blocaded.
    Rarely they invade europe except to attack a human player.They keep good relations with europeans portuga,dutch that have starting regions in india
    NATIVE AMERICAN NATIONS
    THEY Seem to harass england,france and spain and they stay there the longer they can before being assimilated

IMO
    the alliance matchups should be based or religion
    ENGLAND-DUTCH-SWEDEN-PRUSSIA-DENMARK-PORTUGAL
    FRANCE-SPAIN-ITALIANS-AUSTRIA-LITHUANIA???
    RUSSIA-MOLDAVIA-HETMANATE-UK-FRANCE-SPAIN
    OTTOMAN-BARBARY STATES- MAROCCO-CRIMEA
    ITALIAN STATES-AUSTRIA-SPAIN
    GERMAN STATES-PRUSSIA-DENMARK-UK
    Hi, interesting description, however your observation based on hard campaign and with VDM mod. In my game experience (very hard, without VDM) some European factions like Prussia, Portugal, Denmark always conquer india factions especialy minor ones. France never attack Spain. Poland needs to be weaken in my observation, because sometimes it conquers Prussia and Austria.
    These events happens almost in my every campaign. Another events with Britain and other factions happen differently and random.

Hello, i'm playing a french campaign and at the 15th turn,when it's pirates turn,the game crash what can i do?

Quote Originally Posted by waldery freyou View Post
    Hello, i'm playing a french campaign and at the 15th turn,when it's pirates turn,the game crash what can i do?
    Must be wrong something with your save.
    Verify game files
    Never overwrite a savegame
    Never leave open/unanswered vdm or campaign notifications
    Load a previous savegame

Shall i switch to VH/H (CAMPAIGN/BATTLES)? ,I'll never drop VDM its the heart of this mod
    The ai that plays terrific in my campaign is DENMARK.its hostile with ottomans and keeps sending them ships with troops in every turn!
    I also need a version with all diplomatic options that will be compatible with VDM
    Firstly i was concerned with limited ammo.Lately, i tend to like it.20 shots per soldier is fine.I think limiting artillery ammo to 100 too because,5 battery howitzers with explosive/carcass++ and you can win every siege,with no casualities.Im thinking of making my own version with ammo.
    In venice grenadiers i can see no picture in their description,and in carcass shot it doesnt show the tech name in tech tree
    Something else
    the second artillery building enables you to create 5 batteries of 24lbs howitzers as soon as you research explosives shot.Isnt that troo strong?Imo the 12lbs howtzer should be enabled first and later in 3rd level building the 24lbs howtzers and cannons
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; July 29, 2020 at 08:34 AM.

Thanks!!

new faction near east india faction. Sultanate of Aceh in Indonesia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aceh_Sultanate

please adapt the portrait for generals and ministers from NTW if necessary.

Sana Kan's Avatar Libertus

Is there a 2 turns per year version? I think it fits better with Empire's timeframe