Thread: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Thank you lordsith! Can I ask you, are you planning to make the ammo capacity changes and bullet damage reversible with a submod option? Because I would like to make an all militias volley fire submod and as a base I would prefer the 6.0 gunfights. And limited ammo it's ok by me, but around 20-30 bullets not 3.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

I agree.I prefer more ammo because empire needs the shooting drills.In melee it looks like rome total war.
    Also low quality troops as militia,prov cavalry should take 1 turn to recruit.
    Last but not least all ships should have trade ability

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I agree.I prefer more ammo because empire needs the shooting drills.In melee it looks like rome total war.
    With more ammo the battles become like in vanila, stupid AI can't stand long with smooth line, and after 4-5 shots AI's infantries run around the field dying under player's shots. With current number of ammo and bullet power is the best solution to avoid AI silliness, IMHO.
    Also low quality troops as militia,prov cavalry should take 1 turn to recruit.
    It was already tested, with 1 turn for militia CAI spawns a lot of militias, which is not fun in my opinion.
    Last edited by Lordsith; January 02, 2019 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordsith View Post
    With more ammo the battles become like in vanila, stupid AI can't stand long with smooth line, and after 4-5 shots AI's infantries run around the field dying under player's shots. With current number of ammo and bullet power is the best solution to avoid AI silliness, IMHO.

It was already tested, with 1 turn for militia CAI spawns a lot of militias, which is not fun in my opinion.
    Could you at least make it optional please? It might be harder, but as people mentioned it's also ahistorical, so having the option to change it would be great. Thank you for your work, great mod btw

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    Could you at least make it optional please? It might be harder, but as people mentioned it's also ahistorical, so having the option to change it would be great. Thank you for your work, great mod btw
    Maybe someone, could make such submod.

first of all thanks for your work but i have a problem everything was fine until in some turn it ctd every time i end my turn dont know why

Maybe someone, could make such submod.
    This will be no problem to made.
    Done few specialized submods, still testing.
    But i have still no luck with editing occupation penalties when conquering cities, especially capitols.
    And another really annoying thing - superhuman guns crews and protected by God canons themselves.
    Guns crews in this mod are way too good, they can usually protect themselves and are imune to bullets.
    I occured few cavalry charges on artillery squad with cavalry withdraw in 1 vs 1 fight xD?
    Another thing, canons can't destroy other canons (this is super important to edit, but I have no idea how).
    The only effective thing against other artillery are howitzers (they are too accurate btw.).
    Artillery shots like machineguns, reload spead should be lowered.

Undoubtely you have some serious points.
    I would insist in a little more ammo though
    I was playing a russian campaign and i have just experienced twice a crash to desktop during Sweden's turn.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

This will be no problem to made
    to reverse the ammunition either on 6.0 status or at least make every unit have like 25 - 30 bullets, correct?

occupation penalties when conquering cities, especially capitols
    should be very harsh for the conqueror. the big factions mostly, should always have the chance to spawn again. minor factions should be still ground to conquer.

superhuman guns crews and protected by God canons themselves
    I didnt experiensed situations like this. Cannon crews may still be hard to kill by bullets but since the AI cant possition them well at least you should risk and close in. Cavalry vs Cannon crews on hard is always win. Even with the lightest cavalry.

canons can't destroy other canons
    oh yes they can. rearly but you sure can. Also we already told about the AI so i like to have the challenge of how to close and destroy their big guns.

howitzers (they are too accurate btw.)
    way too accurate.

Artillery shots like machineguns
    since you have 2 piecies in every unit the way to be represantative effective is as it is. Cannons should be a major advantage and a reason to fear. if you have other propositions i would like to hear them.

Also

If militias are also 2 turns to recruit we must find something of a role for them.

And a submod for making trade the major economical factor as it really was.
    Last edited by nikossaiz; January 03, 2019 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    to reverse the ammunition either on 6.0 status or at least make every unit have like 25 - 30 bullets, correct?

should be very harsh for the conqueror. the big factions mostly, should always have the chance to spawn again. minor factions should be still ground to conquer.

I didnt experiensed situations like this. Cannon crews may still be hard to kill by bullets but since the AI cant possition them well at least you should risk and close in. Cavalry vs Cannon crews on hard is always win. Even with the lightest cavalry.

oh yes they can. rearly but you sure can. Also we already told about the AI so i like to have the challenge of how to close and destroy their big guns.

way too accurate.

since you have 2 piecies in every unit the way to be represantative effective is as it is. Cannons should be a major advantage and a reason to fear. if you have other propositions i would like to hear them.

Also

If militias are also 2 turns to recruit we must find something of a role for them.

And a submod for making trade the major economical factor as it really was.
    I want to say that i combined everything that i have tested and moded.
    Now i think the gameplay is almost perfect, balanced enough and hard overall (depends on country used).
    Canons are now vulnerable and can fight themselves, canon now have 800 range compared to 600 for howitzers (they are less accurate now).
    Most of reload times decreased, ammunition is like in K-submod, but i think this is too much anyway, should be 5 for normal units, 4 for militia/armed populace, 7 for Elites and 12-15 for Marksmans.
    Curretly using more powerfull bullets from Lord Sith gameplay options aswell as others.
    Missile Distance for half chance hit set to 70, this seems balanced becouse of large unit sizes.
    Standard Line Infantry size is 280, 105 for cavalry, 315 Militia and 42 for artillery + 4 guns.
    New experience system, infantry gain veterancy faster (now you have advantage of experienced armies aswell as the AI).
    Reduced technology research times, you can research technologies 2-4 times faster.
    Slightly increased income from trade, for a balanced amount.
    Fixed tax system, now its 5,10,15,20,25 % and it was 5,10,15,15,15.

What else have to be done?
    Fatigue system, penalties are not existent right now.
    Reduce construction time for buildings (i cant edit those files and i don't know why).
    Balance ammunition.
    Bring back shrapnels, earthworks etc. (everything i'm missing from vanilla game).
    Fixed wierd bugs when every minor country become protectorate of Pirates (i don't know what is happening xD).

Played the early Russian campaign in H/H.
    Gameplay looks solid and tough.I get invaded by 3 enemies,while still my allies dont help much and look weak.
    I believe units a little more ammo as the above user suggests.To support this i see units without ammo to stand still and recieve fire.Plus in sieges attacker have advantage and in battles against natives its tough to deal with deadly melees of the natives.
    I can recall in a mod of bran mac for darthmod empire some rakes had sabotage army ability.The sabotazed army couldnt move for a turn.Very interesting in my opinion.I remember this happened by mistake by messing up with the tables.
    there are some feautures in the game that dont work or do nothing.
    Skirmish mode could be used to increase accuracy but decrease morale for example
    "Threaten" in diplomacy panel in increases only negative aspects
    Ministers, elections etc do they affect much?
    I also wanted to ask for an explanantion :how exactly consipracy mode works?and how religion and calture,reasearch doctrines affect?
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; January 06, 2019 at 06:23 AM.

Patrician

It seems to me that battles CTD fixed due to decreased ammo. Who else noticed that?

I have never experienced crashes in battles with ID,i have some crashes durind end turn

I understand you made these changes to help the AI, but I honestly prefer by far the 6.0 version

Combat now feels a lot more arcady, ends up in melee fight after only like 3 shots (which are deadly accurate, I saw around 20 men fall from what would be 300 meters in real life scale) and all tactic is useless as you must charge everything you have if you wanna win. The casualty rate is also ridiculously high, I still didn't manage to keep more than a third of my victorious armies after a battle. In the precedent version it was quite easy to lose only around 300 men on a 1000-1200 army, now you always lose around 800-1000 men.
    Unit specificities are useless as only melee stats really matter once the first 2 minutes of battle are gone

I don't want to hurt you, you're working hard and your mod is amazing, but 6.0 was really better IMHO. I would like to revert back to this version but since I use VDM I can't

Patrician

Ok people, i can revert back the fire system to 6.0 as option.

That would be great ! Thank you !

besides suggesting to add compagnie franch de la marine for france, i also suggest giving orissa to france from 1700 on and kalkutta to great britain. the thing is, both countries had those regions at that time(well france had pondicherry and yanaon but yanaon is displayed as a village in the orissa region so thats the best way to make it historicaly correct). by having to conquer them manually, ai wont actually do that and make india boring therefore. playing as one of the indian factions also gets way more interesting by adding 2 major european powers to the theater. drive them off the island or work together. everything is explained when reading about general marquis de bussy-castelnau and the carnatic wars
    carnatic wars that raged from 1746 to1763

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by JeanPierre244 View Post
    besides suggesting to add compagnie franch de la marine for france, i also suggest giving orissa to france from 1700 on and kalkutta to great britain. the thing is, both countries had those regions at that time(well france had pondicherry and yanaon but yanaon is displayed as a village in the orissa region so thats the best way to make it historicaly correct). by having to conquer them manually, ai wont actually do that and make india boring therefore. playing as one of the indian factions also gets way more interesting by adding 2 major european powers to the theater. drive them off the island or work together. everything is explained when reading about general marquis de bussy-castelnau and the carnatic wars
    carnatic wars that raged from 1746 to1763
    They didn't control these "regions", only some coastal areas, i.e. couple ports and trade posts (including Dutch too in Orissa btw). There was a reason for all the conflicts between those two powers and local rulers during the first half of the 18th century. We could talk about proper British control of Bengal only in 1757.

Theoretically this could be done like in vanilla, but this would be quite anachronistic.
    Last edited by Herr Doctor; January 08, 2019 at 05:05 PM.

i know that of course. but you cant add single villages to diffrent factions obviously so that would be the best alternative. the french had influence from the coast to deep indian territory. so it would fit... i dont know what you mean

renouncing on interesting possibilities just for the sake of "100% historicall accuracy" isnt accurate at all at the end of the day. because its not possible with empire totalwar. gotta be open for some compromises. that way, the mod misses on so much potential for nothing basically. gameplay is more important than historical correctness if limited by the vanilla game like that. i dont want to be an really but i didnt get a single legit reason to not add the said. not that anyone owes me an explanation, but i think some argueing is important in this dieing forum called twc

i rather have the whole of orissa and arcot to reseble those areas of influence, instead of just having nothing really.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by JeanPierre244; January 08, 2019 at 05:37 PM.

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

I am not against it too, I suggested to consider something like this ago.

Historical accuracy is not the only thing here. You should also need to take into account balance in India (actually the epic struggle between the the Mughals and the Maratha), which is always pain in ... you know. It is always one or another steamrollering through India and blobbing too quickly, and it seems Lordsith managed to balance this issue finally.