Thread: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Does anyone know how to clean up the unit names? Maybe I'm being a bit picky. But the formatting, whether through localisation or something I'm not sure, is a bit weird when named regiments present on screen as "33-rd Regiment" or some such.

I've tried looking through unit_tables and can't find the entries, specifically for the British unit roster. Some other units appear with hyphens and underscores, so cleaning these up would just make the mod seem a little more polished!

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Hello,

First of all great mod.

I don't know if this was brought up before but are there any plans to rework the portraits for other characters in the game beside rulers, for example, like it is done in PUA 3.9 (Random historical portraits (cropped better than in DME) as this mod has for e.g. Moldavia and other smaller (non-western culture) eastern European states) or like in the "first draft" of the IS (https://media.moddb.com/images/mods/...00/Rosteri.jpg vanilla but in style closer to NTW).

Thanks.

I know this is way after this mod was released, but I'm still trying to figure out how to add new regions and towns and cities, and such. ANY help is welcome!! I've tried everything..

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Unfortunately in Empire you can't add more regions, which is a true shame.

Is there any way to just add the new regions and what is needed to make them work? Like is there a specific pack file in the mod download that just has that and not all the changed effects?

Hey, so I have been messing around with the pack file manager and was wondering what ticking the boxes at "R_nan_pl_units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions" that seem to give native Americans access to basic ships like Xebecs etc actually does? because it doesn't seem to add the ships? Kind of want to add ships to natives to make a campaign more interesting, even if not historically accurate.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

NEW CAMPAIGN
    RANDOM CIV CHOSEN: Morocco VH campaign, H battles,30/15 land/sea armies capacity.Starting region =1 so 10000k starting income added.VDM enabled all diplomatic options on.
    Some standar war declarations in turn 1.I have a weak 1 region civs that will be an easy target if you dont get measures.
    I attack the Spanish in givraltar in turn 3 and capture the region.They had a good army composition they were defending but the wasted/suicided attack with their cavalry and general.This happens sometimes,but not all,when ai defends.
    Lordisth must find a way to force the AI immobialize its cavalry units in these battles.They would have much better chances if they keep their cavalry idle and attack in the end.Everything else was good in this battle infantry deployment artillery engaged they just stupidly wasted their cavalry too early.BUT i have also seen battles in which this doesnt happen.I cant really figure out when its happening.Very odd behaviour.Cvalry units should be idle and engage in the end of the battle end of story
    In naval battles ship's shot miss most of the times.The marines also miss.Upkeep is a little bit high in my opinion.In hard difficulty they recieve unfair starnge bonuses dont easily break even with high casulatities,and they lose their masts much more rarely
    In diplomacy ai's are furious with the human player they dont accept proposals even very generous ones such as a region for a tech.Maybe you should lower prices in gift system so that they change the attitude towards the human will change.You get a small number of alliances and gift system imo is a good way to manipulate them.
    I have said many times proposal system should be a bit easier for humans.They seem to accept very little and make very small number of proposals.They main target here is to force the ai follow you so that alliances are made.1 against all is no fun.
    Plus as i have reported many times,ai allies dont help that much.Port defending is also a major problem for many civs.
    I REPELLED to european nations tried to disembark armies on my land and sink them before they do
    To be continued

Sana Kan's Avatar Libertus

Is there any way to make ID compatible with Absolutum Dominium's reskins? Or just only use the units from that mod with ID's campaign? It would help "clean up" some rosters...and most unit UIs

Laetus

I'm finding the low public order in this mod quite annoying. While it's fun in the major provinces, as it makes it harder for major countries to conquer other major countries, but what I'm finding is it's very annoying in minor provinces, that rebel just as much as major countries. As the French I conquered Rupert's Land, as they historically did at this period, apparently the entire population which is probably less than the army occupying them, decided to rebel. This just makes it feel less realistic, and more annoying than anything. I can't play a realistic campaign when I'm bogged down putting down never ending rebellions in every single region I capture. I also tried playing as Courland, and ended up having a Civil War every couple turns. Is there a way I can restore public order to how it is in vanilla?

Laetus

I would also like to know if there is a way to re enable to the Demand Surrender and Retreat options.

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I don't know if the newest version adds this, but i would love to see the addition of old portuguese units that were taken away from version from which i played in the past.
    Maybe they were taken because of unit limitation, but it would be really nice to see those units back. I believe it was 2 units that were taken, one being Olivença Cavalry.

[BUG REPORT] 1700 Campaing, playing as Bavaria. Conquered Amsterdam which meant end of the United Provinces. Their region in south America became the "Mesoamerican Nation". I end the turn and the game crashes, even after reloading savegame. They are broken

So i have tried install Imperial Destroyer 6.3, i put the data files where they need to go i did this on five different clean installs of the game and it crashes on startup does not get past the first loading screen.
    can somebody try to help me with this or is there a bug with the mod itself. thanks

Some quick suggestions and notes. I am enjoying my Portuguese campaign a lot.

1.) The diplomacy with Portugal is a bit bugged. The game gives a diplomatic penalty to Absolute Monarchies and a bonus to Constitutional Monarchies. The diplomacy thinks Portugal is still a Constitutional Monarchy even though they were changed.

2.) Carlos II of Spain has his accurate age, but he really died in 1700. His death led to the War of Spanish succession. In game though he lasts for decades. He should be made 80-100 years old so he is likely to die very soon. This would create a more historically authentic experience.

3.) It is really cool that you made Banjar a nation and region. Could you do the same for Brazil, make it a Portuguese colony that can become the Nation of Brazil? Equatorial Guinea could also be a Portuguese colony.

Hay i'm back i think the latest patch on Imperial Destroyer is broken, i got [COLOR=var(--ytd-video-primary-info-renderer-title-color, var(--yt-spec-text-primary))]Darth mod [/COLOR]to work can anybody else verify to see if Imperial Destroyer works on the latest patch please let me know if it works or not for me thanks.

Hay i'm back i think the latest patch on Imperial Destroyer is broken, i got Darth mod to work can anybody else verify to see if Imperial Destroyer works on the latest patch please let me know if it works or not for me thanks.
    (I don't know what happened to that last comment so i'm posting this comment to fix it)

Quote Originally Posted by alex iron View Post
    Hay i'm back i think the latest patch on Imperial Destroyer is broken, i got Darth mod to work can anybody else verify to see if Imperial Destroyer works on the latest patch please let me know if it works or not for me thanks.
    (I don't know what happened to that last comment so i'm posting this comment to fix it)
    Hey Alex, it can be a bit tricky but the mod works, if you install it correctly there are no troubles at all. Video is French but watch what he is doing carefully and it will work.

By the way, I'm not sure if the AI can repair ships properly in this mod (or replenish troops for that matter). An AI has been building up a fleet but not repairing.
    Last edited by Steward Denethor II; October 08, 2020 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Link had to fix

Well i'm an idiot i wasn't placing the user script right thanks for your help.

can anybody help me with late game savefile corruption? not possible to complete any campaign so far...

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by abhiroy61 View Post
    can anybody help me with late game savefile corruption? not possible to complete any campaign so far...
    Was any faction destroyed by the corruption moment?