Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: FALL OF ROME: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES (early 4th century Late Roman mod)

Default Re: FALL OF ROME: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES (early 4th century Late Roman mod)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    Having 6 different shield textures doesn't really affect the game performance, but they simply do not fit inside the textures (at least the Roman ones)
    Wait, what's the maximum texture resolution for M2:TW?
    And, also, you could use different models, that might work (I'm saying this while I'm used to modding other games, so I'm not sure if this applies to this case).

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Default Re: FALL OF ROME: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES (early 4th century Late Roman mod)

I don't know if there's a maximum aside from what your system can handle. I'm using 1024x1024 (standard M2TW size) as much as I can in order to ensure that the game runs smooth enough.
    Having different models but no different textures makes little sense because they would still be duplicates. Shield variety is in my mod totally depending on the number of varieties of shields inside the texture and not on the models used.

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

There is no maximum texture size but I think it's recommended you don't go beyond 2048x2048, and even then you shouldn't do that size for all units as it can slow performance down a lot

You can do 1048x2048, which is a nice compromise if it was just extra shield textures

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

1024x2048 (or 2048x1024) is an option but it wouldn't be necessary if it was for the just the shields. The Romans already have 3 different varieties for their shields which is more than enough considering the fact that every soldier within a unit had shields with the same or similar shield pattern and equipment in itself was fairly uniform within units and the Germanic tribes will have 7 varieties all inside a 1024x1024 texture. When it comes to horses I might use larger textures because with standard 1024x1024 textures they tend to look blurry ingame. However I haven't looked into it yet and probably won't until later.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

When you will come to horses (leave this matter to the end), i will sent you our texture sheet placeholders.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Thanks AnthoniusII! That would be of great help indeed!

Looking forward to the chance of converting the whole Europe to the Arianism, just for a change

Great Work !!

Well well, it's been a while since there has been an update, so I guess it's time for one (albeit a small one).

I've been working on the campaign map and so far things are turning out pretty good. It still needs quite a lot of work but at least some parts of the map have the looks that I had intended.
    The Roman building tree is also pretty much set. Some 90% of the Roman buildings have been added. A few particular buildings still need to be added.
    I'm still awaiting a new set of textures for the tunics and shields from leif so I can apply them to existing material. I also plan to rework the Roman officers and generals models that still consist of old placeholder models.

Here are a few WIP pics of what I've been doing lately. Nothing too spectacular but just to let you know things are progressing:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Additional credits:

- leif_erikson for providing late Roman shield patterns and tunic patterns.
    - Absinthia bow model used as base.
    - Roma Surrectum 2 team for their campaign map terrain textures.
    - PROMETHEUS ts for his Roman settlement models (I fixed the models so they don't float above the ground anymore)
    Last edited by Razor; May 22, 2013 at 05:47 AM.

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

Even though its still WIP, I like the work you did so far, and I am really looking forward to this

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Splendid work!+rep

xxxMoRaVexxx's Avatar Ordinarius

Wow! One of the most realistic units for an M2TW mod I had ever seen. + rep!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

BRAVO!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Wow! It seems you have come far, great work!
    Are all the shown factions in the strategy map finished?

Looks great bro!

Thanks for the compliments! It's always nice to see that people appreciate what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter93 View Post
    Wow! It seems you have come far, great work!
    Are all the shown factions in the strategy map finished?
    Ha, I'd wish that...

I only added the factions to the map so I could get a better view of what the map and the campaign will look like. They're like empty shells with placeholder units, but for now it's better than nothing.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

very interesting update. Looks very good
    i like the stratmapcolours of the factions very much.

+rep!

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Great work! The mod looks amazing so far!

SuicidalBrownie's Avatar Civis
    Beautiful city of Utrecht, The Netherlands

Very well done! +rep will be dispensed immediately

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention"
    Ramsay Snow