Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: RTR VII Patch Gold Released!

putoconcarne's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: RTR VII Patch 3 + Hotfix is Released!

If anyone is having trouble downloading the hotfix attached to the post, just follow this link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=273410 I don't know why but when I click on the attachment without altering the URL, I'm redirected to a 1x1 .gif picture (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...0&d=1364604660) and nothing is downloaded. Anyway, just trying out RTR again after some time. It's nice to see some stuff fixed from the previous versions.

Just downloaded file descr_strat.txt from attachment.
    Is there an error in line 7573?
    I mean word "alive" is written as "ailve".

Quote Originally Posted by fty View Post
    Just downloaded file descr_strat.txt from attachment.
    Is there an error in line 7573?
    I mean word "alive" is written as "ailve".
    wierd, I was just about to report the same thing. yes it should be "alive"
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Default Re: RTR VII Patch Gold Released!

RTR VII patch Gold is released! See OP for details.

Great news, thanks to RTR team. Time to once again conquer western mediterranean

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That was exactly EXACTLY what i was needing!! Thank you so much!!

debux's Avatar Senator

Great stuff! I love the upped unit sizes thing... the fact that huge had barely 120 men for roman maniples really turned me off, I was even considering not complaining about it on the forums!
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Hi! Just a few questions! How do you see that the gold patch is install in the game menu? Because you wrote that: " -Gave the Romphaiophoroi and Falxmen a two-handed animation" and the changes are not there. The Romphaiophoroi still fights with the shield strapped to their arm, using the 2 handed weapon, just like in the older version.
    When I'm using the the luncher and play then it says WTR VII version 3 but after the red animations appearers and in the game options meny its stays version 1.6... I'm a bit lost

Hey guys, new to this site. I have steam and my mod downloading xp is very good....
    i need instructions to how to play this mod. If you guys would help me out, that would be really great.

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

The steam installation directions are on the RTR VII Download Mirrors and Installation Guide which is stickied at the top of the forum.

Civis

GRAND CAMPAIGN?

Thank you for this unexpected gift. I love Christmas. I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth but I was wondering if Hellespont was still inaccessable. Not a big deal but I didn't see it in the changelog and I wanted to be sure my install was legit.

edit: also the "ailve" error in the descr_strat.txt file is still there in the new Gold patch. I tell you this only cuz I care and love you.
    Last edited by the man, the myth, the legend; December 31, 2013 at 05:42 PM.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

Thanks a lot for your continued work CC! While I am finding myself unable to spend much time over here any more, it is good to see that our work on RTR VII has come to an end. Time to sit back and enjoy

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

This game is old compare to the new one but still the gameplay of this one can't be match by the dumb rome 2 total war..
    i really want to thank the people who are still making things like these.. happy 2014!

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Just installed the 'Gold Patch', started a new campaign and got a CTD when the scripted battle of Heracleia loads (playing as the SPQR).

Thought it was a bad install and installed the update again. Same result

Had no CTDs on patch 3.

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

Sorry to hear so. Could you provide some more information? When exactly does the game crash and does it deliver an error message?

Quote Originally Posted by Maurits View Post
    Sorry to hear so. Could you provide some more information? When exactly does the game crash and does it deliver an error message?
    The CTD happens immediately when the scripted battle of Heraclea loads. The loading screen pops up as usual, but the bar doesn't move, immediate CTD. No error mesage though I'm using the -show_err command....

Very strange, had not a single CTD in 2 years of playing RTR VII.

Installed the gold patch to check out the new things compared to patch 3.

Oh and like I wrote, I'm playing as the S.P.Q.R.

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

Does the game load other battles, or even custom battles while playing as SPQR?

Quote Originally Posted by Maurits View Post
    Does the game load other battles, or even custom battles while playing as SPQR?
    Custom battles also CTD.

Will delete the whole RTR VII folder and try a complete reinstall of the basic version and the gold patch.

I'll tell you after that whether it's still crashing or not.

Cheers

A small issue - the script adds 24 population to Pydna, but the elephant size is 36 on huge, so in effect you can't recruit them.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana...