Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: RTR VII Patch Gold Released!

Default Re: RTR VII Patch 3 is Released!

Could i know why the units of the new German people ,have the units names in english and at least one city with the name Opidum ......

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

They have names in English because we, and no one else actually, don't know what language they spoke, let alone what they called the soldiers. If you see any Germanic names, you can count on them being guesses. Celtic ones usually are as well. As for the settlements, the land they are in is freshly conquered from the Gauls, so it isn't far-fetched to call it "Oppidum". Besides, the Germans at this point didn't actually have settlements bigger than three buildings, so obviously we can't give them any better names, since there weren't any.

A Roman writer tells us much later of some settlements, which I used for FO, but those are, one could say, artificial, since said author does not actually tell us anything about these settlements (how big were they, for instance?)
    Last edited by Caligula Caesar; February 21, 2013 at 10:21 AM.
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

it doesnt say that it has dwnloaded, and the page still says its loading

Caligula ,so why in their description there is a kind of tribal,barbarian or latin designation for their english name ...
    Last edited by oOIYvYIOo; February 22, 2013 at 05:01 AM.

I think we eliminated all the "proto-Germanic". As a rule, Latin is preferred in the absence of anything else in the west, and Greek in the east.

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Can someone please tell me how to patch rtrvii with patch 3

Quote Originally Posted by Orizin View Post
    Can someone please tell me how to patch rtrvii with patch 3
    Download the patch 3 and copy/paste.
    This the directory i save my RTRVII:
    Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Rome - Total War\RTRVII
    within Rome - Total War you ll see RTRVII folder. thats where you ll paste the patch, "It will ask you if you want to replace files and merge folders; say yes to all (if it doesn't ask you, you probably haven't installed the patch correctly)."

When you run the game, you ll see above the loading bar 1.3. That means you have successfully patch to version 3
    Last edited by Cyrus Da Great; February 25, 2013 at 05:34 PM.

Spoiler for King of Persia
    ᴀʟʟ ʜᴀɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴋɪɴɢs

Having a terrible time patching to/playing 3. Did clean full RTW and add-ons/patch installs several times and even got the splash screen on RTR VII to note it was version 3 with hotfix (I even see the Germans as a playable faction). Unfortunately I CTD every time I click to start a game. The only odd thing of note was that during each fresh install of patch 3, the extraction noted errors on 1500+ files. No idea what is going on so any help would be appreciated.

I get the 1500+ errors message too. The weird thing is, I installed the patch before and it worked fine...until it started CTDing after I hit "end turn" at around 248 BC or so. So I erased everything and redownloaded/installed and now it gives me the error messages when I try to install the patch. Maybe I should be copy/pasting as Cyrus says instead of dragging it to the RTRVII folder? I can't fathom how that would make a difference though.

You can try it. Also, what program are you using to extract the patch? It is possible that it is the program that is bugged.

^^

It could be.
    Use Winrar.

Spoiler for King of Persia
    ᴀʟʟ ʜᴀɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴋɪɴɢs

Tried many combinations to make it work, but finally got the patch up and running. Had to unzip in a folder on my desktop and manually copy and paste the unzipped folders over the originals. I have to launch using the launcher file and run it as admin (both shortcut icons on my desktop cause the game to crash on loading). Anyway, it works now and I am happy with the result. I want to thank all the people who worked on the mod for their efforts.
    I can't wait to see the mods coming for RTWII . I just hope the producers of TW don't follow EA into the online DRM hell of SimCity.

GM207's Avatar Decanus

I would like to extend my complimants and thanks to a wonderfull mod, I started a campaign not to long ago, and so far no problems except for the tree glitch around the small cities, that traped the seige equipments in place, but I downloaded the patch for it, and now it's working with no problems.
    I love the population growth pace, so now if you lose 2 or 3 army stacks you run out of men to recruit in cities.
    What I love about the mod is the feeling that each and every battle count, in terms of troop availabilty in cities.
    I have a few questions to the RTR team.
    1. Is there a way to reduce the overall population in cities from lets say 60 thousands to mabe 24 thousands max?
    2. With the city advancements through population growth, 1st at 6000 then 12000, etc..., is here a way I can make the 1 city advancement at 3000, then 6000, then 9000 etc...

One last thing is building turns are a little high, now I understand that it's how it is in reality and what this mod is for realizm, but you have to remember that cities didn't build one thing at a time, there was multiple buildings being processed at the same time, and we can improvise by reducing the turns to build things.
    That was just my opinion.
    Overall Great and excellent mod.
    Last edited by GM207; March 21, 2013 at 05:44 AM.

Thanks

You can decrease starting population figures in descr_strat, but it isn't possible to change the points at which the settlement is upgraded As for build times, longer ones are imo better, since it helps prevent you getting ridiculously rich later in the game.

I've attached a Hotfix which will hopefully solve many of the CTD problems on the first post. It only solves them for new campaigns, though.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Re: RTR VII Patch 3 + Hotfix is Released!

damn, just started a new roman campaign

Civis

help please.

I extracted patch 3 to my RTR VII folder, got the message asking if I wanted to replace files - so I guess I installed correctly - but no changes appear when I start the game; no extra factions. Tried a manual extraction as Pelelui noted above but nothing. Any ideas please. edit. on the splash screen it says "patch" without any numbers and inthe top right corner it says "hotfix 1". edit 2. reinstalled RTWBI + patch 1.6 then RTRVII + patch 3. "Patch" above loading bar gone. "hotfix" in top R. corner gone. still no changes to game.
    Last edited by gromda; April 30, 2013 at 10:39 PM.

Did you extract it inside your RTRVII folder? It needs to be put in the folder above, so that it overwrites stuff. If you did that correctly, then I'm confused Are you sure you are trying to put the right patch in place?

Civis

I was confused also. Then I wondered if I had a corrupted patch so I downloaded a new one and now am happily playing rtr v 1.3. With the first dl when it came to "do you want to replace ..." there was only 191 bytes even though the patch was Mbs. On the new dl the replacing files are over 243k KB. Many thanks for this wonderful mod.

Glad it's working