Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: DHRR v0.9 Previews and Features

konny's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Preview dHRR 0.9: A New World

Quote Originally Posted by firekiller View Post
    And which city should it replace i hope not Brugge
    Which else?

Plz note that not the number of settelment should count but also the relevaince of the cities. Cause Ireland has for example 4 cities. The relevance on Ireland as balacing factor, historical relevance and relevance in the main factor of this game has less effect then for example some ather cities.
    No, size of cities doesn't count; we start in 1080 and the majority of settlements north of the Alps would have been fortified villages.

Each region was assigned a fixed number of provinces according to its relevance and the number of factions contesting for it (for example Germany, including the Arelat 60, France 50). Within these regions the provinces are distributed in a way to achieve at least a little balance.

Example, British Isles: This region was assigned 25 provinces. In order to not have England overpowered, these were not distributed equally over Britain, but provinces held by England are a bit larger, with those bordering Scotland are smaller. In return Wales is divided into 4 small provinces. Each of them is packed full with rebeles - that way conquering Wales would be a task that keeps England occupied for decades, if the AI can conquer it at all, and is nothing that you can do en passant.
    Also i see you typing Köln that is in german but for example Cambrai you dont use Kamerijk (still Rijsel would be better) same for Bruges should be Brugge then ect. Is this also in game?
    No, these were the modern names for orientation. The names in game will be: Coellen, Acha, Luticha, Namurco, Andauerpa, Camaraco, Atrecht and so on.

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome
    Modding help by Konny: Excel Traitgenerator, Setting Heirs to your preference
    dHRR 0.8 beta released! get it here
    New: Native America! A mini-mod for Kingdoms America

@Ronko: Ja, ich bin nüchtern, aber ich habe es zurück gefunden. Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe!

PS: Ich bin ein Norweger

EarendilElenthol's Avatar Artifex

Brugge was the largest by far after the Zwin opened up, next came Gent. Before that storm I do not know what the figures are, but Brugge was on par with London and Paris, and Gent was on par with the largest cities of modern France (after Paris).
    If the mod goes unto 1300-1350 both should be there, not to mention Rijsel, Ieper and Kortrijk who all boasted on 10k inhabitans. There wasnt a region so densely inhabited as Flanders in 1250-1350, and although I lament the whole Netherlands being under Utrecht I'd advise to take a region of Belgium in the east an put it in Flanders rather than place one more in the north.

EarendilElenthol's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Preview dHRR 0.9: New Buildings and Economy Concepts

Excellent work, the same things I was missing and wanted to bring in in my own work.

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by EarendilElenthol View Post
    If the mod goes unto 1300-1350 both should be there, not to mention Rijsel, Ieper and Kortrijk who all boasted on 10k inhabitans. There wasnt a region so densely inhabited as Flanders in 1250-1350
    This mods ends in 1250.

Team member of: Das Heilige Römische Reich, Europa Barbarorum, Europa Barbarorum II, East of Rome

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by EarendilElenthol View Post
    Excellent work, the same things I was missing and wanted to bring in in my own work.
    If you wish to add your work to dHRR, just PM me

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

nice to see quedlinburg as a unique building.
    but as a quedlinburger i have to say that the picture ist not very suitable, because it shows the later build pseudo romanik towers and some renaissance buildings in front (as it looks today).
    in the timeframe of this mod it should be more correct to use this picture and revise the towers with the buildings on the right (and the car offcause)

if you want, i can try to shot a better picture this days.

konny's Avatar Artifex

That's good.

Yes, if possible could you please make a shot from the front so that we have the building straight horizontal?

Quote Originally Posted by konny View Post
    Yes, if possible could you please make a shot from the front so that we have the building straight horizontal?
    sure - i go now a make some pic´s

konny's Avatar Artifex

Thank you, take your time.

i´m uploading at the moments - around 110mb via rapidshare. it was a good that it was late, as no tourists crowded the place.
    edit: http://rapidshare.com/files/40410240...nburg.rar.html

thanx toluas
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; June 30, 2010 at 01:05 PM.

Nice idea, Tartaros!
    +rep to you and konny

From 1080 to 1250? Isn't it that a short timeframe?

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter93 View Post
    From 1080 to 1250? Isn't it that a short timeframe?
    If one turn is half the year then there will be enough turns to play. Also larger time frame is not good because you can't show all the changes that happened during the period, so the game loose the historiocity. I have recently started a mod (about western Slavs) with a friend of mine and we choose similar time frame: 1000-1230 (one turn half the year) and we think this is great period to build a mod on.

And also, dHRR is 4 turns per year, so there is more than enough time^^

konny's Avatar Artifex

Yep, 4tpy makes 680 turns.

Quote Originally Posted by konny View Post
    We have on the one hand to live with the hardcoded "restriction" of about one general per settlement (much above that and the game doesn't give you much more births)
    Can anyone point me to some information about this? I always run into this problem, where my royal family stops growing, because it is too big. As England I own all of France now, and there are about five or six married families, just because of the way it starts. I've denied marriage requests for the most part and even given fertile traits with the console, but I can't get the heir to make children much.

Is it total family members or total general count (including recruited generals), related to settlement count, that triggers the birth problem?

Thanks!

PS. The heir choosing system works by giving people tons of authority, right, so the game code selects someone who is going to be really authoritative as the new leader? If there is a forum or thread that discusses these features, I'd be happy to read it. I just haven't found it yet.

konny's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    I've denied marriage requests for the most part and even given fertile traits with the console, but I can't get the heir to make children much.
    Fertility doesn't do a thing. We use this too (higher titles give hidden fertility boni), but to no effect.

Is it total family members or total general count (including recruited generals), related to settlement count, that triggers the birth problem?
    ASFAIS. it counts family members and unconnected generals.

PS. The heir choosing system works by giving people tons of authority, right, so the game code selects someone who is going to be really authoritative as the new leader? If there is a forum or thread that discusses these features, I'd be happy to read it. I just haven't found it yet.
    check the link in my sig.

Default Re: Preview dHRR 0.9: Baronies

This looks great.

Do want Ponthieu in Normandy!

konny's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Preview dHRR 0.9: Baronies

Yes, Ponthieu might become a county. We haven't done the counties in France yet.