Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 142930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: IB2 BRITANNIAE III DOWNLOAD AND DISCUSSION

clone's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: IB2 BRITANNIAE III DOWNLOAD AND DISCUSSION

this mod is a bit unbalanced on family members. not only you generally get very slowy family member but laso some factions even if they have 5 regions they start with 3.(scots)
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

what would be a balanced lineup then?

clone's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by benczeb90 View Post
    what would be a balanced lineup then?
    when a nation has 5 settlements it should have at least 4 family member. make familie members apearence a bit quicker at the start at least
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

ezopus2's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    when a nation has 5 settlements it should have at least 4 family member. make familie members apearence a bit quicker at the start at least
    I mostly play with Regnum Britonum, and if family members are few, than the game offers to adopt generals into the family almost every turn. I think it is balanced enough. A family member cost too much, so if you have too many of them, it slows down your economy to a halt (at least for roman factions, a famly members companions/bodyguards cost too much to keep them)..I often chose to reject them and manage 5-8 settlements with only 3-4 family members...

Quote Originally Posted by ezopus2 View Post
    I mostly play with Regnum Britonum, and if family members are few, than the game offers to adopt generals into the family almost every turn. I think it is balanced enough. A family member cost too much, so if you have too many of them, it slows down your economy to a halt (at least for roman factions, a famly members companions/bodyguards cost too much to keep them)..I often chose to reject them and manage 5-8 settlements with only 3-4 family members...
    This is true but it's the dilemma this time period experienced especially if you were a Roman or Romano type faction. The mod is set up for you to concentrate on your economy always as you attack, create your empire, and all the while carefully choose family members. A field army, maintaining a settlement and its ruling aristocratic family members became parasitic during this time. In the mod, it was our hope to create this situation with the possibility of developing your empire with certain economic developments to eventually counter the decay of its time. It is meant to be complex and difficult. Although after saying this, we want the mod to be playable and enjoyable. There is a fine line with mod difficulty, realism and enjoying the mod and if the mod needs further tweaking, we as a team certainly can review it.
    Last edited by Riothamus; December 07, 2015 at 10:06 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    This is true but it's the dilemma this time period experienced especially if you were a Roman or Romano type faction. The mod is set up for you to concentrate on your economy always as you attack, create your empire, and all the while carefully choose family members. A field army, maintaining a settlement and its ruling aristocratic family members became parasitic during this time. In the mod, it was our hope to create this situation with the possibility of developing your empire with certain economic developments to eventually counter the decay of its time. It is meant to be complex and difficult. Although after saying this, we want the mod to be playable and enjoyable. There is a fine line with mod difficulty, realism and enjoying the mod and if the mod needs further tweaking, we as a team certainly can review it.
    I like how the game is set, player can feel the atmosphere of the period and valuate his commanders highers when there is not that much of them while AI does not seem to be harmed by this either as it seems to be able to produce countless anount of family members from nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    I like how the game is set, player can feel the atmosphere of the period and valuate his commanders highers when there is not that much of them while AI does not seem to be harmed by this either as it seems to be able to produce countless anount of family members from nothing.
    The AI has been difficult to simulate and balance...its certainly flawed when modding around this. It has been overcompensated with Germanic invasions. I think the AI will not build in the best progressive pattern as the local player can or fight and maneuver as well, but it's certainly a conundrum on where to keep the game seem real and when trying to balance the game. We are thankful for any input or help around this.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

hey! i've just finished my first massive battle.. and i did not expect to win it! my raiding party (as eotnas) had been sacking the cities in the frisian lowlands with only success, but my reckless behavior left me trapped, as a full frisian levy army & a second half-stack engaged me as i was besieging a city. my movement points allowed me to withdraw outside the city limits, but i was still entrapped in the same turn. the two frisian armies were fortunately placed on the map in a way that would allow me to prepare my units in a similar direction. i've not had enough battles to understand how each unit in my roster functions versus other units.. all the same, i had two lines of middle-tier units in the center of my position, and two of my four bodyguard units on each flank, along with two horsemen units (the cheaper one - sounds like erodas and makes me think of the rohirrim).

and i was lucky enough to sit atop a hill.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [img]http://puu.sh/lPklN/77f9bac961.jpg[/image]

here you can see from the bottom of the hill, and in the following image, from the top

[img]http://puu.sh/lPkxa/0f3ab6fe48.jpg[/image]

and here are the results!

[img]http://puu.sh/lPkCP/223a139999.jpg[/image]

very unfortunately, king hergist fell to veteranii on the flanks within the first minute or two of battle! which i felt was prophetic, but slowly, the bodyguard (and scylding?) units were able to peel around the flanks on both sides, and in coordination with my cheap cavalry charging away, the frisian flank units began to panic.

luckily, among the two enemy armies, they had but one cavalry unit, so i had a lot of headroom to hack away at their flanks

really this was one of the most exciting battles i've played in any total war game, and though my faction leader died so early on in it, yet i have very high hopes for the eotnas and this campaign. my contigent is sailing back up to jutland to clear out some rebels and then head north to scandia, i've heard there's a settlement up there that wants to join my faction

and then, paris!

ezopus2's Avatar Civis

nice glad to hear your on the battlefield again

i was wondering, what unit size do you all play on? what's the most realistic v. balanced?

also, sorry to double post, but what difficulty?

ezopus2's Avatar Civis

HI, due to my hardware limitations I play with only large unit sizes (not huge), and difficulty is hard/hard. AI is sometimes dumber than dirt (we are used with this playing TW games, arent we?), but still a LOT better, than vanilla AI.

oh man, the DBM mod does not work well for me so far. at least for paris, i can't climb up ladders and the gates don't open after crushing them

the city looks pretty though! much better than the default medieval. i suppose i'll only have city battles when i can wait for the garrison to sally out

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by doop View Post
    also, sorry to double post, but what difficulty?
    Always VH -VH. there is nothing better than a good fight.

Cheers

ezopus2's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by doop View Post
    oh man, the DBM mod does not work well for me so far. at least for paris, i can't climb up ladders and the gates don't open after crushing them

the city looks pretty though! much better than the default medieval. i suppose i'll only have city battles when i can wait for the garrison to sally out
    DBM doesn't work for me either, never did, looks good but the whole wall/gate/towers/paths system is bugged, as if one would put a totally different city above a different path layout

Domesticus

So, whats the news with IB2? Ive just reinstalled M2 on my new gaming PC Been playing lots of Shogun 2 Morning Star mod and Fallout New Vegas. Gonna check out Rome 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    So, whats the news with IB2? Ive just reinstalled M2 on my new gaming PC Been playing lots of Shogun 2 Morning Star mod and Fallout New Vegas. Gonna check out Rome 2
    i think i like it even more than third age total war, you need to check it out if you haven't recently. i can't remember having this much fun with a game before! maybe when company of heroes game out 8 years ago

Domesticus

I think I got the most recent version Might give it a go tonight

Medieval 2 took forever to install, then I installed IB2 and 1648

alright man

the cool kids play eotenas

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

Back to Medieval after a few years and this is the first mod I am re-installing. Looking forward to playing it again.
    I survived the Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12