Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Smoker's Lounge

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Default The Smoker's Lounge

The Smoker's Lounge
    While we already have a cook and recipe thread and one for beers and other alcoholica, I've searched the forum and never found a thread dedicated to the enjoyment of tobacco products. Contemplating this sad fact while smoking a Por Larrańaga Petit Corona I knew what to do.

So here we go, this is the Citizen's Smoker's Lounge. This thread is for everybody enjoying a smoke every once in a while. You want to exchange your experiences, need an advice what to smoke, link to your latest cigar or pipe review, share your opinion on something tobacco related or just want to hang out and let everybody know what you just smoked, this is the place to do so.

Sure thing it's a little elitist, but it's for relaxation and enjoyment.

To start with, this is a snapshot of the filling of my humidor right now. It's a little empty at the moment, reflecting the circumstance that I wasn't allowed to smoke for two weeks and thus carelessly neglected its pitiful state. I desperately need to go shopping before Christmas!

The humidor itself is manufactured by Montecristo and can be filled with up to 40 Piramides. I quite like this format. It's not too big and fits into next to every surrounding and is even quite handy when I travel or go on vacation for several weeks.
    Last edited by Aikanár; December 18, 2012 at 09:55 AM.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Default Re: The Smoker's Lounge

HAHAHA! I only discovered this thread now! Here is what I smoked for Christmas.

Not a bad cigar, but not really my taste. The draw was too hard and it wasn't too pleasant near the end. Anyway, I should post a picture of my humidor once I get back home.

Blog Entries

Not bad, not bad, but for the US market and while I think that's an overall OK smoke, it's afaik by far overpriced for 13-15$ concerning it's not Cuban but Ecuadorian (Wrapper), Nicaraguan (Blinder) and Nicaraguan & Dominican (Filler) tobaccos. It's a pitty I can't send you some real stuff over the pond

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

A pity indeed.

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

Must admit I like the occasional "Romeo No 1" http://cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.a...eta#Romeo_No.1 I purchase mine from either Portugal or Spain because of the costs compared with good old blighty!
    Sign DLC petition for improved map for NTW
    Useful Websites |Napoleon: Masters of Europe |
    The Wardrobe of 1805 |Napoleon: Art of War|
    Frederick the Great: Art of War|
    Under the Patronage of Gunny
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

Blog Entries

Ah, nice, I like the wide Churchills, but R&J have some really nice smokes reminds me of having to buy some of them again.

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Aikanár View Post
    Ah, nice, I like the wide Churchills, but R&J have some really nice smokes reminds me of having to buy some of them again.
    Indeed - keep well stocked. It used to amaze me with the US ban on Cuban products that US citizens when buying cigars in Spain or Portugal were carefully removing the rings etc so that it was not obvious where the cigars came from....
    Sign DLC petition for improved map for NTW
    Useful Websites |Napoleon: Masters of Europe |
    The Wardrobe of 1805 |Napoleon: Art of War|
    Frederick the Great: Art of War|
    Under the Patronage of Gunny
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

Blog Entries

Hehe, yeah it's rediculous even more so considering that JFK bought a couple thausands before the ban was enacted. He never really came to enjoy them for long though

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

I say, quite a empty thread, no?

Blog Entries

You can help to change that

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aikanár View Post
    You can help to change that
    Right, subscribed.

I basically like cigars. I had one during college. Pharoah, I think it was. Not exactly smooth, but somewhat rich after taste. Did you try that one?

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Not much smokers here.

I had some cigars in my youth looking for some to really enjoy with some beers etc anyone idea's ?

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    Not much smokers here.
    Symposium doesn't know a good Bulldog when it sees it. Shocking behaviour!

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Cigars ? No thanks.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

How did I miss this thread? Can't say I have any dislike of a good cigar.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Its time to talk smoke again,... While in the US I went shopping for Cigars. Given the ban on Cubans, I had to discover different cigars. I found one by accident.
    The Padron 1964 Anniversary cigar. (Padron) (wiki info about company)
    The Padrón 1964 Anniversary Series line was introduced in 1994 to commemorate our company’s 30th anniversary. This line consists of eleven sizes that are all available in sun-grown natural and maduro wrappers. All tobacco used in this limited production series is aged for four years, creating a smooth and complex flavor. In honor of the age-old Cuban tradition of box-pressing cigars, the 1964 Anniversary line was introduced as a box-pressed series. For the protection of our customers we have introduced measures to safeguard against counterfeiting with a specially designed double band featuring an individually numbered guarantee label. The Padrón 1964 Anniversary Series is consistently ranked by industry experts as one of the top brands in the world.
    Wow what a smoke! If not my favorite, it is definitely in the top 5 so far. It cost me about 18 USD for it, but well worth eery penny. I made sure when I stocked up I bought plenty of these.
    Aik, if you have not tried this Cigar, you should go out and grab one. Despite your penchant for Cubans, this will be one exception in your humidor I am sure.

Blog Entries

Wish I could participate, but I need to and am in process of cutting down cigarette smoking and stopping altogether. Though I wouldn't say no to a few tricks if Aikanar has.

Blog Entries

Oh boy, I had all but forgotten about this thread, hehe.

Pike,

that reads very interesting! I need to find out, whether my local dealer has them or can get her hands on'em! Still need to answer your pm, too. Ah the time. ...

M,

ticks with regards to cutting or stopping smoking cigarettes? I used to smoke an average of 40 a day with hights of 60 while working in the Uni. And I started with 15 and basically smoked 2 packs a day ever since. That is, till 2010, I used to drop into a small tobacco and papers shop every three days or so for resupply on the way to work. Some day in May that year I dropped in, bought my usual ratio, smoked one there and that was that. I don't know why, but I haven't smoked a cigarette ever after, nor do I feel the temptation to do so. I do enjoy a cigar every once in a while, but I'm far from a regular cigar smoker. So I really don't know why I stopped smoking cigarettes, it just happened, I never intended to stop it.

Blog Entries

I'm just relaxing after a day of home improvement ... having one of these and half a bottle of Remi Martin XO. I haven't had a Ramon Allones Gigantes for a long while, especially since the format really needs time, about 2 hours - come to think of it, should be the perfect stadium cigar! I just love the mixture of wood, earth, leather and coffee ... blends wonderful with next to every smooth cognac or good rum, preferably at least 7 years old.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Smoking kills!!
    And I miss it so much...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast