Thread: The Sundering: Rise of the Witch King Vs. Call of Warhammer

Default The Sundering: Rise of the Witch King Vs. Call of Warhammer

What is the differences between this mod and Call of Warhammer? Does this mod focus more on the chaos factions?

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: The Sundering: Rise of the Witch King Vs. Call of Warhammer

No. This mod focuses on The Sundering, the civil war between the elves.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

The new campaign will include some new playable factions in the campaign map never featured in Call of Warhammer such Tomb Kings, Araby, Estalia, Tilea, Skaven, Bretonnia, etc.
    We are avoiding at all cost the Scripted battles and our main goal is achieve a full stability. Those are the main differences.

CoW focuses on a campaign which involves many different races (the map takes place on the empire and its borders but also the badlands and a little bit of chaos wastelands.

you can play 10 different empire factions and 4 different chaos factions for exemple, and the campaign is heavily scripted. This is a good mod which is 5 years old.

The Sundering is a 2 years old mod which takes place on Ulthuan (the homeland of the High Elves) and concerns the civil war between the 10 elven realms and the rise of the dark elves. You also have chaos factions with great daemons and big beasts like dragons, hydras, giants etc...

a new campaign is under work atm (with good progress) called Struggle for the Old World which takes place in the old world with 13 different races and a bigger map than COW ones. Atm the latest version of The Sundering (0.68) allows you to try 4 of the new races in custom battle to give you a taste of what comes next (4 races are dwarfs, orcs and goblins, tomb kings, skaven)

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

irneh's Avatar Civis

will you make a download link (when 7.0 will be released) with include all the sundering , i mean for those (like me) who haven't download any version of the sundering.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Yes, and you will be able to switch the campaigns with a launcher.

irneh's Avatar Civis

THX

Pretty much Call of Warhammer focuses on the Empire, and The Sundering focuses on the Elves.
    Make America great again!

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Shi Huangdi View Post
    Pretty much Call of Warhammer focuses on the Empire, and The Sundering focuses on the Elves.
    and when the old world campaign has been released, Call of warhammer will be this buggy scripted pile in your corner while this hopefully will be more smooth to play as, and far less unfair!
    Last edited by Hopit; December 18, 2012 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Our idea is to add a good balance of scripted events and sandbox gameplay. We refuse to heavily script our campaign because our priority will always be stability above everything.
    In another hand we will introduce some important scripted events but not 12 stacks spawning, attacking your cities the next turn....

Quote Originally Posted by TWmadman View Post
    Our idea is to add a good balance of scripted events and sandbox gameplay. We refuse to heavily script our campaign because our priority will always be stability above everything.
    In another hand we will introduce some important scripted events but not 12 stacks spawning, attacking your cities the next turn....
    or 1 stack every turn...

If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Yeah lol But you know, it is a choice and i know a lot of people who loves heavy scripted campaigns. I think it is a respectful choice... untill quality is preserved.

While the campaign does have it's WTF moments, the custom battles are quite enjoyable due to its vast variety of units. There are also submods for Tomb Kings and - I think - a sandbox campaign.

As much as concurrence can push developers to greater heights of effort and creativity I for myself would recommend not going down that "buggy scripted pile in a corner" road, if you catch my meaning...
    Two teams of modders should treat each other with decency rather than allow some kind of "Mod War" to start.

Really looking forward to play both mods in the future!

I've forgotten the campaign already, I just play with tomb kings xD

Quote Originally Posted by sokkur View Post
    What is the differences between this mod and Call of Warhammer?
    Call of Warhammer is a makeshift solution, a piece of stuff held together by duct-tape, when nothing better was available. The Sundering has quality comparable to something you could pay for. I strongly suggest to wait for The Sundering!

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Ok guys, I am very grateful about your support, and it is not bad to comment the differences between the two mods, but let's be respectful with the other team.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Karabekian View Post
    Call of Warhammer is a makeshift solution, a piece of stuff held together by duct-tape, when nothing better was available. The Sundering has quality comparable to something you could pay for. I strongly suggest to wait for The Sundering!
    That is YOUR opinion.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Karabekian View Post
    Don't go bad talking about Call of Warhammer.

Both mods have done something great
    they brought the world of Warhammer into the world of Total War

thats worth to appreciate both mods ( also I actually never played Call of Warhammer, because i never manged to install it ) because they both have many high qualified and motivated team members who are hard working for use modding noobs to enjoy and have fun.

My wish, if it is possible, that The Sundering will grow and that there will be more campaigns like Lustria or Naggaroth or the Old world.

Thanks a lot to Kolwen, TWMadman and all the CoW team members

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles the cat View Post
    Don't go bad talking about Call of Warhammer.
    I personnaly don't care about bashing, and honestly everyone is free to say what he want to about mods whenever they love it or hate it. You are not a censor mate.

In another hand, just go on Call of Warhammer russian forum, find a thread called "Sundering" and translate it with google : you are good for 18 pages of bad talking, bashing, insults, defamation and jokes over our mod.

So honestly we have no lesson to receive on this point.

For our forum's sake i suggest this thread to be locked, if people wanna know the pros and cons, they DL both, test and delete the one they dislike.

End of discussion.

Thread Closed : X mod vs Y mod discussions always end in flames.
    Better to close it before the trolls come.
    Last edited by TWmadman; December 20, 2012 at 04:21 AM.