Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: S.A Mod V.02 for Shogun 2 loading screen.Enjoy the 723 Beautiful pic of Ukiyo-e!!!

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: S.A Mod V.02 for Shogun 2 loading screen.Enjoy the 723 Beautiful pic of Ukiyo-e!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorhaax View Post
    I'm having some trouble trying to get the mod pack to show up. I extracted all the files (7z.001. 7z.002, 7z.003, 7z.004, 7z00.5) into a folder. All these files come from the first 7zip "S.A mod V.02.part1.rar". When trying to extract the other files I just got errors.

So I went ahead and just put the files I could extract into 7zip archive but I don't receive any modpack from them.

Can you clarify your instructions?
    Man if i know this can happen i will never split the file okay , i already make the tutorial to extract just see the first page
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; December 29, 2012 at 01:37 PM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Default Re: S.A Mod V.02 for Shogun 2 loading screen.Enjoy the 723 Beautiful pic of Ukiyo-e!!!

Quote Originally Posted by junaidi83 View Post
    Man if i know this can happen i will never split the file okay , i already make the tutorial to extract just see the first page

Thankd for the Pics! I thought you had to extract all the files from each part, then put all the parts into an archive to extract. Thanks for the clarification!
    Rome > Darthmod Med2:K > SS6.4, Rule_Brittania, Broken Crescent Empire > Empire Realism Napoleon > Darthmod Shogun 2 > True Samurai, [WIP] Mettle Blades and Skills

Tired of changing steam Launcher options for Med 2/Kingdoms mods? use Kingdoms App Launcher

Funniest Thread in Rome 2 history: The new "you got the sandals wrong" thread.

This is really cool. Played a bit of a FOTS campaign earlier....great screens and don't think I've seen a repeat yet!

Quote Originally Posted by evilspleen1213 View Post
    This is really cool. Played a bit of a FOTS campaign earlier....great screens and don't think I've seen a repeat yet!
    glad you like it
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

sedo's Avatar Foederatus

Nice and works with the latest patch

To get in the mood for battle ca gave us koi to stare at so thanks alot

Sounds like Gamefront is dead (gives me a "file not found" error), and Mediafire gives an error: "Split Archive Blocked The file you attempted to download is an archive that is part of a set of archives. MediaFire does not support unlimited downloads of split archives and the limit for this file has been reached. MediaFire understands the need for users to transfer very large or split archives, up to 10GB per file, and we offer this service starting at $1.50 per month."
    Last edited by grbo; January 06, 2013 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grbo View Post
    Sounds like Gamefront is dead (gives me a "file not found" error), and Mediafire gives an error: "Split Archive Blocked The file you attempted to download is an archive that is part of a set of archives. MediaFire does not support unlimited downloads of split archives and the limit for this file has been reached. MediaFire understands the need for users to transfer very large or split archives, up to 10GB per file, and we offer this service starting at $1.50 per month."
    chill dude no link is dead The problem is your countries not in list , you can read http://www.gamefront.com/file-hosting-faq/
    game front problem and solution is
    change your proxy to any countries in gamefront list ,try this http://www.warez-bb.org/viewtopic.ph...952&highlight=

Media fire well i cant help it since it free there is nothing i can do, my advice you can wait tommorow to start download again

Thanks for the explanation. Didn't believe these guys were filtering countries... which, IMHO, is also quite a shameful method.

By the way, why use such an overly complicated compression process? Compressing three times (RAR, and two times 7zip) really doesn't bring much benefit... and besides, this also requires to install 7zip. I've tried to use WinRAR to compress it, and ended with similiar sizes (even slightly smaller, in fact...).

Thanks for the explanation. Didn't believe these guys were filtering countries... which, IMHO, is also quite a shameful method.

By the way, why use such an overly complicated compression process? Compressing three times (RAR, and two times 7zip) really doesn't bring much benefit... and besides, this also requires to install 7zip. I've tried to use WinRAR to compress it, and ended with similiar sizes (even slightly smaller, in fact...).
    compress 1 : i try compress 1 gb mod to 450 mb and the best compress tool is 7 zip
    compress 2 : i try upload 450 mb file but always fail due connection and my upload speed is
    150 kbps which small so its force me split the file into little file 100 mb if i remember
    compress 3 : i realize some host like game front didnt recognize file type like sa.mod.001, sa.mo002,etc and reject it so its force me again to recompress the file using rar.

That the reason why i Compressing three times, i realy dont want too , for 7 zip yeah i know you must install but 7 zip is free progam and good tool too

It'd have been simpler to recompress the initial mod, with the proper options to split the file into subparts. WinRAR gave me 450MB or so with max compression settings - a few MB more or less won't change that much for most users nowadays.

As for the pictures themselves: some of them have rotation, even trapezoidal shape... many also have margins that don"t seem to belong to the print itself, but come from scanning or photograph format. Some processing would have been welcome... but I know that'd require a lot of time. Maybe less pictures but of more polished quality... Still, it's a fantastic set.

It'd have been simpler to recompress the initial mod, with the proper options to split the file into subparts. WinRAR gave me 450MB or so with max compression settings - a few MB more or less won't change that much for most users nowadays.

As for the pictures themselves: some of them have rotation, even trapezoidal shape... many also have margins that don"t seem to belong to the print itself, but come from scanning or photograph format. Some processing would have been welcome... but I know that'd require a lot of time. Maybe less pictures but of more polished quality... Still, it's a fantastic set.

Well the source pic is picture for sale so i cant do much to bring fine 1920x1080p and most of them was copyright, also i learn how to use photoshop is when i making this mod, totaly ing newbie .
    Still feel free to change the contain of the mod itself .

ps : i agree i think i make mistake when i try compress i didnt split it into part earlier, i learn my mistake
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; January 08, 2013 at 02:46 PM.

There are actually a lot of Ukiyo-e pictures on Wikipedia, of fair to high resolution, and they're by definition free for redistribution. Considering that the artists are dead since long ago, Ukiyo-e itself should be public domain.

There are actually a lot of Ukiyo-e pictures on Wikipedia, of fair to high resolution, and they're by definition free for redistribution. Considering that the artists are dead since long ago, Ukiyo-e itself should be public domain.
    Answer

1.There are actually a lot of Ukiyo-e pictures on Wikipedia ? yes that right and most of them already in my mod , Did i still missing something
    2. they're by definition free for redistribution ? Yes and No but that not realy my concern since i am
    warez pirate,well that habits hard to get rid
    3. fair to high resolution ? Wiki maybe,but other sites no ....., also you must remember some of them from 17 century , older paper get photo ? i afraid it still not bright as 19 century production,well 70 year women never beat 17 year virgin girl ,that fact
    4. Ukiyo-e itself should be public domain? i agree you should talk with some sites owner, and they will kick your ass for asking high resolution 1920x1080 picture for free , because Hell why i must buy 600 $ australia if i can have the exact same picture print on paper ,that only cost me how much ? below1$. Dude i better buy new CPU for Next Tw Series : Rome II ,and preoder it right now at steam .
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; January 09, 2013 at 10:41 AM.

Thx :3 I love you.
    Wolves are the souls of fallen metalheads.

thanks, mantap gan, but ribet to install use rar and zip -_-
    "If you trust, you will be betrayed."
    "If you are careless, you will die."
    "Kill or be killed."
    "A good man is never far from a woman."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jeongbun View Post
    thanks, mantap gan, but ribet to install use rar and zip -_-
    yah gan 2 x extract yg penting kan agan gak natap gambar koi lagi ampe muntah

vlakc's Avatar Civis

Just downloaded the mod today and I love it, thanks for your hard work, thanks for this mod and keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by vlakc View Post
    Just downloaded the mod today and I love it, thanks for your hard work, thanks for this mod and keep up the good work.
    Thanks for the kind words

If a simple thank you is enough, thanks - I'm still downloading it though. Will probably edit this once I see the mod in action but the screens look nice.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Great. Thanx !
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast