Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: IWTE - Vegetation editing

Default Re: IWTE - Vegetation editing

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    Thanks, I have added the winter condition to descr_climates, however nothing has changed. The game looks for my winter textures strictly for the terrain, but it keeps adding all of the summer grass and model variants disregarding any winter entry
    Are you sure you're loading a custom battle map with the correct climate?

Quote Originally Posted by xHolyCrusader View Post
    Are you sure you're loading a custom battle map with the correct climate?
    Yes. I'm entering the Battle Editor, setting the same place with the Mediterranean climate either to Winter or Summer.

Update: ok this is super odd. Now it works... except the game reads the summer variant as winter variant, and viceversa. This however, only for models and grass, the terrain textures themselves still appear correctly as summer and winter in the right season. So weird.
    Well I guess I'll just have to swap the terrain textures... although I'd prefer not to do that especially if I have to add scripting conditions based on winter in the campaign

Further Update: Ok I have tried to repeat the process, by launching the game again. What I have done:

1 - enter the battle editor, select a terrain with mediterranean, Summer
    2 - load the map, it generates correctly as Summer
    3 - exit the map, go back to the battle editor, select Winter for the same place on the map
    4 - load the map, it generates as Summer for models and grass, winter terrain textures
    5 - exit the map, go back to the battle editor, select Summer again, for the same place on the map
    6 - load the map, it generates Winter models and grass on Summer terrain textures
    Last edited by Sirlion; January 18, 2019 at 12:26 PM.
    My Mods and Projects

- Realism Core v5 for La Monteé de L'Empire 4.2 (NTW)
    - Battle Chaos, give life to your fights! (NTW)
    - Battleterrain Mod, larger, better campaign battle maps (NTW)
    - Developer for 1800 (ETW) battle mechanics, unit stats
    - Developer for Victoria Total War (ETW) unit modeller \ texturer
    - Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures
    - Risorgimento 1859 The Franco-Austrian War (NTW), creator \ developer

silly suggestion but as it's map based... have you tried deleting the map.rwm ?

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    silly suggestion but as it's map based... have you tried deleting the map.rwm ?
    It doesnt change anything, apparently. The first time it loads, no matter what, Winter will always be Summer, and Summer will always be Winter. The second time around it will work fine, for Summer, however to go back to Winter it needs another map load. So by this logic, the seasonal change will occur every 2 times correctly, which is still not good.
    My Mods and Projects

- Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    Yes. I'm entering the Battle Editor, setting the same place with the Mediterranean climate either to Winter or Summer.
    Are the models/textures switched when testing the climate in custom battles too? maybe its a battle editor thing.

Quote Originally Posted by xHolyCrusader View Post
    Are the models/textures switched when testing the climate in custom battles too? maybe its a battle editor thing.
    I've done all my testing on the battle editor only. I'll try custom battles just to be sure.
    My Mods and Projects

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Hello,

Does anyone know how I can reduce the number of trees that appear in a forested area on the battlemap ?
    I play a mod where there is too many trees on the map and I think it is responsible for the flickering of the said trees on my computer.
    Thank you in advance !

with IWTE use:- veg/geogDB tab - Read/edit geography.db button - you then need to select the problem climate, then 'vegetation_distribution' - the problem value then is probably the intersection between 'forest' and 'for_den' (forest dense)

change that - click 'OK - write files' , that will give you a new .db file with "IWTE" added to the name, move or rename the old file, rename the new file to replace it.

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Did not expect an answer that quick, thanks !

I'm also having the same problem though I've only noticed it in Custom Battles as of yet. It's the deciduous forest climate, at least on summer. Even below vanilla, for_den at 0.300, the trees flicker. For_spa is at vanilla (0.100). What other attribute or value might be causing this?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345