Thread: Call to Arms for DAC

Default Call to Arms for DAC

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some volunteers for an epic 4v4 battle using DAC. We'll be recreating the Nirnaeth Arnoediad, or the Battle of Unnumbered Tears, from the Silmarillion and I'll be posting the video on my Youtube channel as part of an ongoing series of historical battles based on the works of Tolkien.

I think it would be a lot more fun to do this with actual people than to just play against the AI, so post here if you're interested in participating!

To do this you'll need:

-The most up to date version of DAC

-A computer capable of handling 10,000+ units

-The willingness to lose if you are the Good factions. Since this series has pretensions towards towards being "historical" obviously we can't alter the outcome of this battle, which is an overwhelming victory for the forces of Morgoth. That means the Elves/Men/Dwarves will be facing greatly superior forces and the outcome is pretty much a forgone conclusion. So fight bravely and have fun! You're literally making history

-As for the factions available to use, you've pretty much got your pick as long as it's a reasonable fit for the role you need to play. Obviously you can't be Morgoth's forces but play the Elves, or Dorwinion or something like that. Easterlings, for example, could be any of the mannish eastern factions. Harad/Umber/Rhun/Variags, it's all good baby. Due to space constraints the Edain present in this battle will simply be considered as being attached to the forces of Fingon. If you're planning on being the incarnation Fingon, then try to pick a faction with access to mannish auxilaries, like Imladris for example. Not necessary, but it makes for a good detail. The Edain were important in this battle and to the overall story arc, so it would be nice to see them physically present.

That's all! Enjoy!

Factions:

Forces of Morgoth

Easterlings: (Available)

Orcs: Discord1996, (Reserved), (Available)

----------------------------------------------------------

Forces of the High King

Elves of the Union of Maedhros: Arrow2daknee

Fingon's Host: theworldstage

Forces of Turgon: Jmonstra

Dwarves of Belegost: ForBalin
    Last edited by Jmonstra; February 21, 2015 at 04:26 PM.

Default Re: Call to Arms for DAC

Sweet!! I'll take the dwarves of Belegost Dragon Slaying Migets!!!!!

Updated!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Do you have a thread or posted in the Multiplayer section too? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...17-Multiplayer
    Should be folks to be found there

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I don't, though now that you mention it that seems the most obvious place to put t.

Updated! Elves of Maedhros are now taken.

Fingon's Host is now taken!

Team 2 is now full!