Thread: (Chivalry II) Cyprus: Rebuilding the kingdom of Jerusalem

Icon5 (Chivalry II) Cyprus: Rebuilding the kingdom of Jerusalem

Mission impossible? In my campaign, it's yes and no.

But, first of all, allow me to say that this is a great mod, with potential to be... well, greater.
    I've started (but not finished) some Late and High Era campaigns and I'm still working my way around the very interesting new feudal system with all the other benefits and changes. It reminds me a lot of Europa Barbarorum, which is great.

While the Kingdom of Jerusalem campaign was pretty straightforward, building a Templar/Crusader army and showing Saladdin who's boss, the High Era Cyprus campaign was... different.

With two crusades called by the Pope on my request (I basically have Clement on medieval speed-dial), the Holy Land was retaken, the kingdom of Jerusalem rebuilt... and the only city where I can recruit any decent units is Cyprus. So far, it's working but I only have so many fleets and so many recruitment slots. Armies are shipping out and in for re-training every turn, as I'm battling the Egyptians and the Khwarezmians on several fronts, with the Turks encroaching on Armenian territory to the North.

Is there any reason why Cyprus can't proclaim Crusader State on any other region except Cyprus?

And wouldn't it be great if conquering Jerusalem and setting the capital there could change the faction (back) to Regnum Hierosolymitanum?

Default Re: Cyprus: Rebuilding the kingdom of Jerusalem

Apologies for the double post, but I can't seem to be able to edit the above.

I meant Late era for Cyprus. Obviously.

its a tough campaign, good too hear you had success. its a challenge for any good Total war gamer.

Consulo's Avatar Laurifer Invictus

Was Cyprus necessarily a crusader state? My crusader knowledge is limited. That said, I think it is merely to simulate the waning strength of Christian influence in the holy lands. I'm glad you're enjoying the campaign however. Also, if you really want to adjust some AoR I can help you. I've adjusted some Byzantine recruitment abilities for certain provinces in various campaigns. It makes it more enjoyable to me. Feel Free to send me a message and I can help.

Feel free to add me.

Quote Originally Posted by husker9.2
    its a tough campaign, good too hear you had success. its a challenge for any good Total war gamer.
    So far, so good. What's kept me afloat were the Crusades. We'll see how I handle the "Ill" Khanate. They can call themselves Persians all they want, I know they're just Timurids in disguise, and I've suffered some losses from their ilk in the past.

And cheers, Consulo! I've sent you a PM. Time to flex my mini-modding muscles!

So what is your campaign map looking like nowabouts?

Feel free to add me.

When I had posted the thread, we'd just finished the conquest of northern Egypt.

Anno Domini 1339:

Update to come soon!

Update:
    Nine years later, after the Crusade of Edessa as the war against Persia rages on and Baghdad under siege, in North Africa the Fatimid dynasty falls:

The Army of Egypt (currently in Cyrenaica) is marching on Tripoli whilst pursuing the last Sultan of the Fatimids.

In 1340, king Hugues the Merciless begins "The Purge", sending an army of assassins to exterminate all Imams in the Holy Land, while his son Prince Henri the Chivalrous, count of Mecca, grants Muslim pilgrims safe passage to the holy city of Islam.

I love the system of titles, really adds flavour to it all.
    That got me thinking, my faction ruler should have one of those long titles, technically something like this: Rex Cypri, Hierosolymitanum et Aegypti, Principe Antiochenum, Dux Damasco, Comes Edessanusa.

Looks like it's going well. I'm going to move this to AAR's. Did the AoR stuff I sent you help? Hope so. I hope to see more progress from your campaign.

Feel free to add me.

Funny, I hadn't intended it to be an AAR, heh.

Ah, knew I'd forgot something. Yes! Thank you very much. The game became much more interesting with the new recruiting options, and easier!

It's fun to play around with the descr_ files. I've added "crus_state" to Antioch, Tripoli, Acre, Jerusalem, Ascalon and Edessa, more or less the extent of the crusader states. Then I also noticed the hosp_order option, not sure what it does yet but I've added it to Tripoli which is where the famous Crac de L'Ospital (Krak des Chevaliers) was located, as well as Rhodes.

I've added the "Crusade" option to Nikaia (Iznik now) so that the Pope may call a crusade on the Seljuks to "liberate" the lands of the former Byzantine empire. Sure, they don't get along so well since that whole Schism affair, but I say let bygones be bygones.

I should learn more about this modding business! It's fun and I'm getting some neat ideas.

Glad it helped. Hope you take it to those Persians!

Feel free to add me.

And thus we come to the conclusion of this AAR (shortest one I've ever done):

I may continue playing, but later. I want to see if I can play through a campaign without once declaring war. Just diplomatic acquisitions and bribes.

Which I know is possible, because I bought cities off allies in other campaigns.

BUT in this one, for instance, Sicilly refuses to sell me Mdina (Malta), and I can't bribe the castle away from them either. It's not their capital and it has no governor, so I don't understand what the problem is.

Also, I noticed that the crusader states had no princesses as agents. How can I rectify that?

Wow, expanded pretty quickly, eh? Kudos to you. :p I get the feeling that if a region is a part of a faction's main victory criteria they'll not sell it. That said, I've bought cities that are pretty darned important, so I don't know exactly the case. As for princesses, I can't help you there. That isn't something I've ever tried.

Feel free to add me.

Thank you!

Momentum's a powerful thing. Once you send in the man with 10 stars in command and a full stack of units with three gold chevrons, it's pretty much game over.

I know I bought Tripoli from Jerusalem. I was playing as the Latins, we were allied and I'd just taken Jerusalem and Acre from Egypt.

This might be a good experiment to run. See how many cities I can buy before everyone jumps me.

Can you tell me about this new and interesting feudal system?

There was a Royal Ladies of the court mod, might be possible to fix it, with it.