Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: TOTEM

Default Re: "TOTEM"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    I've been watching TOTEM's progress for a while now, and I should've commented sooner. So far, this looks like a stellar achievement. I love the strat-map textures, the main theme, the trees(!) and all the little details that have gone into making such an immersive looking map. I'd also like to commend you on the excellent (imo) faction lineup. Scandinavia and the British Isles will be nicely filled out. Might be nice to see an additional faction in the Balkans, but, oh well. Of course, units and characters are important, too. So I'd love to hear what you have planned for those. Also, I'd be happy to donate some of my spare time if you require assistance with textual descriptions or research -- anything of that nature. Let me know!
    thank you thank you thank you. Let me explain: I just do the "physical map" if there a decidion to put in a new faction so no prob.. the most importaint thing is the map for now. I've just put the default factions so other can see them but try to understand, for now it doesn't matter what the factions and the regions are. cause we all know how to put them in 5 min.. The most important thing as you'ce noticed are all those innovations. thank again and yes I need your help. All of you.....

Quote Originally Posted by robomanus View Post
    thank you thank you thank you. Let me explain: I just do the "physical map" if there a decidion to put in a new faction so no prob.. the most importaint thing is the map for now. I've just put the default factions so other can see them but try to understand, for now it doesn't matter what the factions and the regions are. cause we all know how to put them in 5 min.. The most important thing as you'ce noticed are all those innovations. thank again and yes I need your help. All of you.....

Of course, your map is stunning, and innovative and I can see how the focus has been on perfecting it. As atheniandp said awhile back: you have a refined aeshthetic, seldom seen.

Anyway, my offer to help stands, but I'm not much good at coding all of the things I can imagine. My skills are mostly with words and history. Count me in for such things as faction research, building and character descriptions, faction roster, lineup, starting positions, etc. (It's easy to be full of ideas with this game.)

Since I haven't got much time and it's impossible to go forward it by myself, I decided just to coplete the stratmap and publish it without nothing. I mean there will be a new realistic stratmap for everybody wants to apply it for his own mod. Initially the map will be applicable for the vanilla game, then I'will ask permission for some mods I like, maybe KGC and so on...

Iv'e nevre looked before at this mod. It looks really great.

Quote Originally Posted by robomanus View Post
    Since I haven't got much time and it's impossible to go forward it by myself, I decided just to coplete the stratmap and publish it without nothing. I mean there will be a new realistic stratmap for everybody wants to apply it for his own mod. Initially the map will be applicable for the vanilla game, then I'will ask permission for some mods I like, maybe KGC and so on...
    That's a good idea, robomanus. There are just too many mods out there and not enough modders. A good chunk of mods for M2TW are still in progress. Even the big mods that have been released, like Third Age and Stainless Steel, are far from complete in my opinion. We've seen nothing like Roma Surrectum's environments for M2TW.Your map is a step in the right direction. Once released it will inspire others to mod M2TW as well.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Your map will be a tremendous addition to any mod. Good luck, and looking forward to seeing it in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Arandir Tur-Anion View Post
    Iv'e nevre looked before at this mod. It looks really great.
    Quote Originally Posted by atheniandp View Post
    That's a good idea, robomanus. There are just too many mods out there and not enough modders. A good chunk of mods for M2TW are still in progress. Even the big mods that have been released, like Third Age and Stainless Steel, are far from complete in my opinion. We've seen nothing like Roma Surrectum's environments for M2TW.Your map is a step in the right direction. Once released it will inspire others to mod M2TW as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    Your map will be a tremendous addition to any mod. Good luck, and looking forward to seeing it in action.
    Thank you very much. I appreciate a lot that you support me just by posting here. It really encourages me. Thanks again!!!

Default Re: "TOTEM" Total Experience Mapping

the mod will take about 250 mb

please if someone has an idea about how the castle layout coud be don't hesitate with your ideas, but keep in mind what are the city models... check out Nothern European city models made by me and suggest about the castles... I have no idea but would like to make them as soon as have an idea.. also because I still have to finish all other cultures....

Robo, do you mean how the castle model would look? I can do some research and post some pictures of castles if you need them.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Robo, do you mean how the castle model would look? I can do some research and post some pictures of castles if you need them.
    Exactly. How it would be following the way I made city models. When you see it you understand that is the city. Now what should I do to let a player understand that it'a a castle ( may be making the wall more strong etc...)

For the castles, I would suggest to place a tall keep (1/4 of the space) in the middle or close to the north side and fill the remaining space with small buildings such as stables, smithy, shops etc. Great job!

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by GeMiNi][SaNDy View Post
    For the castles, I would suggest to place a tall keep (1/4 of the space) in the middle or close to the north side and fill the remaining space with small buildings such as stables, smithy, shops etc. Great job!

Sandy
    Good idea. Thanks.

Excellent work!
    I think the texture and model of Crusader King2 can be used in MTW2 also...

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't have a chance to research some castles, but:

Al_Mansur at the TaleWorlds forum has collected a lot of pictures of castles, mostly 13th century. You could contact him.

thanks a lot for the suggestion, I really appreciate it

No problem. I will still do some research, but right now I'm a bit busy is all. How is TOTEM going? I simply can't wait for it! It reminds me of the campaign map in the newer Total War games.

No problem. I will still do some research, but right now I'm a bit busy is all. How is TOTEM going? I simply can't wait for it! It reminds me of the campaign map in the newer Total War games.

really appreciate your compliment Thanks Man.

I HAVE TO FINISH:

-PUTTING RESOURCES;
    -MAKING CITY AND CASTLE MODELS;
    -REFINE WINTER TEXTURES;
    -PUT BACK ALL THE VANILLA CHARACTERS BACK

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Not sure why I haven't come across this thread before.

I rather like the idea of animated strat map features but I completely suck at the 3D stuff, never managed to figure out how to, the trade wagon was a bit of an enigma for me.
    The principle of elevated water surfaces has been puzzling me and it would be great to find out how it works - I do however have to say that the lack of beach animation makes the map appear a bit 'dead' (for lack of a better word). Certainly a better way can be found if animations can be edited, I can only imagne that it must be tedious.

Great effort. Now where can I download a sample?

This mod is steel in progress and soon I will post it with the detailed description of all I did. Unfortunately we can't change or add a new animation but just have to find a way to simulate it: all the new animation like the Grain animated resourse or the High elevated Lakes are just modified denabout what it is and it will take me more time than I could dedicate to this work. So I would prefer to finish it before I will post and explain all my work. I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP MAY BE JUST ON ENCOURAGING ME!!!! PLEASE ALL OF YOU KEEP POSTING HERE.