Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: TOTEM

Default Re: TOTEM (Total Experience Modding)

Thanks. For the forests I used The Europe forests map. (don't remember where is it now but I'll find it and will show you but it was very accurate....
    Also I can't put them all because it slows down the game, so that's why....
    Last edited by robomanus; February 18, 2013 at 04:40 AM.

Just added a lot of new info about "What's new?" Check it out...

A suggestion: add a church or cathedral to the town models. They don't look medieval without a cathedral.

Also, will you be able to modify the battlefield environments? Add in new trees, ground textures, grasses, etc.

Excellent work, you're really pushing the boundaries with this mod.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

A suggestion: add a church or cathedral to the town models. They don't look medieval without a cathedral.
    Shure but it's a generic model for now till I haven't got a lot of time, so it remains me to make other models, for other cultures, and then I'll make them more realistic of course
    Also, will you be able to modify the battlefield environments? Add in new trees, ground textures, grasses, etc.
    For now only stratmap: Let me finish it at all ahah

Any news, robo? This looks to be one of the most promising mods for this game.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Quote Originally Posted by atheniandp View Post
    Thanks atheniandp. Have no free time. But one day I'll finish it. I've almost finished the strat map. Once it's finished I can start to post it for download. Have to finish african textures and to put some forests in Greece, and some other thing.. till I'm alone it gets difficult to bring it forward

anyway the messages like this encourage me lol

My pleasure! Many people mod this game but don't really have a refined sense of aesthetics like you do. Your trees look very good. I think you should focus on releasing this campaign map. If you could change battlefield environment graphics also that would be great. Roma Surrectum II did it for Rome Total War, it would be nice to see new environements in Medieval 2.

My pleasure! Many people mod this game but don't really have a refined sense of aesthetics like you do. Your trees look very good. I think you should focus on releasing this campaign map. If you could change battlefield environment graphics also that would be great. Roma Surrectum II did it for Rome Total War, it would be nice to see new environements in Medieval 2.
    robomanus ,

Honestly, what you are doing is really amazing. This is the best strat map I have ever seen for M2TW. I agree that releasing this to the M2TW modding community would be a very good thing to do. It is practically impossible to make big mods by yourself and great works such us yours can't be played by itself and must be incorporated into big projects (total conversion mods such as Stainless Steel). I hope someone joins forces with you. However this requires loads of free time and people who can afford it. I am afraid there are too many small wip projects/mods and not enough people to bring them to life. I really hope this is not one of them.

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by GeMiNi][SaNDy View Post
    robomanus ,

Honestly, what you are doing is really amazing. This is the best strat map I have ever seen for M2TW. I agree that releasing this to the M2TW modding community would be a very good thing to do. It is practically impossible to make big mods by yourself and great works such us yours can't be played by itself and must be incorporated into big projects (total conversion mods such as Stainless Steel). I hope someone joins forces with you. However this requires loads of free time and people who can afford it. I am afraid there are too many small wip projects/mods and not enough people to bring them to life. I really hope this is not one of them.

Sandy
    Man I completely agree with you. I've spent more than 2 years for this map making it by myself. I'm proud of saying that the map is almost finished (finally But till I haven't got much time just can't finish it.... but I'll do... Maybe when I'll upload it somebody will join me. who knows....?? But just have to terminate the stratmap.... Anyway thanks for you support

just added 10 brand new sratmap images of Italy, North Africa, Greece etc.. Check out the preview section

Quote Originally Posted by robomanus View Post
    just added 10 brand new sratmap images of Italy, North Africa, Greece etc.. Check out the preview section
    Great work! I think your map would compliment the next version of Stainless Steel very well, as they are planning a graphics overhaul of the units. Maybe you should get it touch with them?

Great work! I think your map would compliment the next version of Stainless Steel very well, as they are planning a graphics overhaul of the units. Maybe you should get it touch with them?
    will see. for now I have to complete it by myself of course, and then will see how to proceed

Default Re: "TOTEM"

new stratmap previews will be added soon....

Keep us posted!

Keep us posted!
    just updated the thread

The Main Theme music has been added. Check out "Main Theme" section and listen to it.

Northman75's Avatar Tiro

Wow, nice map you have done, looking really good. I like the animated resources and the town models. The map_regions is a bit to crowded around the british isles for my taste. 5 regions for ireland and a lot for england/scotland is a lot compared to especially main/central europe. But if you have ireland, wales, scotland and england as factions its understandable, but still little to much for me, though I would like to play as wales, I would change ireland and wales for other factions and redo the regions around GB. But anyway a good job you have done + rep

thanks for the suggestion. however the borderlines and the regions are the question of few minutes so doesn't matter really much

I've been watching TOTEM's progress for a while now, and I should've commented sooner. So far, this looks like a stellar achievement. I love the strat-map textures, the main theme, the trees(!) and all the little details that have gone into making such an immersive looking map. I'd also like to commend you on the excellent (imo) faction lineup. Scandinavia and the British Isles will be nicely filled out. Might be nice to see an additional faction in the Balkans, but, oh well. Of course, units and characters are important, too. So I'd love to hear what you have planned for those. Also, I'd be happy to donate some of my spare time if you require assistance with textual descriptions or research -- anything of that nature. Let me know!