Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Absence thread

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Icon4 Absence thread

Absence Thread
    Offical Thread for Absent Hotseat Members

Please remember that the first post is not always up to date. Check the last pages for the latest absent members.

If You are Absent Please Use this Format

User: (your name with a link)
    Hotseats:
    • List
    • Your
    • Hotseats
    • Here
    • (With links)

Time absent: (Please use GMT for the times and dates)

Here is the BB code for the format. Try to fill in all fields:
    Code:
    [LEFT][B]User:[/B] (your name with a link)
    [B]Hotseats:[/B]

[LIST][*][URL="Link to hotseat 1"]Hotseat 1[/URL][*][URL="Link to hotseat 2"]Hotseat 2[/URL][/LIST]

[B]Time absent:[/B] (Please use GMT for the times and dates)[/LEFT]

List of Absent Members

• Uriyaca- Active (Retired Hotseataing)
    • Dux- (4-5 months Absence)
    • Mithirdate- Active (Semi Retired)
    • Knight of Meh- MIA
    • Grouchy 13- MIA
    • Matto- (Is Back)
    • Aldor- Active (Retired Hotseating)
    • Emperor of Hell- MIA

Last edited by Ice Eyes; July 26, 2014 at 11:09 PM. Reason: List of Absent players (Westeros)

Default Absence Thread

First of all, I think we should get an Absence Thread stickied here.

Second, I will be gone tomorrow (Starting at 8:30 UTC), Monday, and part of Tuesday (getting back at 7:00 UTC).

I'd like to receive an extension in Last Stand, The King of Rivers and Hills, Fire and Blood, It takes five to tango, TBRCCH, and A Stormy Clash of Kings and Swords. Most of these probably won't roll around, but if they do, just give me the extension.

You can sub me in the rest. (Be a war-monger with TPW and HoJ).

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Absence thread

Great idea!
    I think that anyone who doesn't inform his absence here shall be skipped.
    Don't skip players if they post their absence here, unless it's for a long time

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

or there is a deadline in the HS they have not met.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Also an option. I think all hotseats shall update their rules, adding this rule:

1) If a player has not done his turn within 24 hours, and did not inform his absence in the absence thread, he shall be skipped.

2) If you inform the hotseat that you will be absent in the absence thread, you will be granted a maximum extension of 36 hours. If you failed to meet this deadline, and failed to find someone to sub your turn you shall be skipped.

Are this acceptable rules? I highly recommend all hotseats to add these rules.

I think if you are reliable at playing turns and need more time (such as me, as I'll be gone a few days), you should be given more than 36, especially if it is an important turn.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am of the opinion that pretty much any request for extension is to be granted, within reason ofc.
    As long as one knows that the player has not forgotten and that it wont be left standing for several days,
    longer absence is to be arranged a sub though or face a proper skip.

If people dont take the time to post such a request but has been online however, i desire a boot put up their respective darkest places.
    Last edited by Mithridate; December 01, 2012 at 09:09 PM.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Darkest places?

So...

Their souls?

"For myself, I would see the White Tree in flower again in the courts of the kings, and the Silver Crown return, and Minas Tirith in peace: Minas Anor again as of old, full of light, high and fair, beautiful as a queen among other queens; not as a mistress of many slaves, nay, not even a kind mistress of willing slaves. War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Númenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I truly believe that 60 hours is more then enough for someone to do his turn... If he needs even more time then that, he should nominate a sub.

I wouldn't want to get a boot stuck in my darkest place

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    I am of the opinion that pretty much any request for extension is to be granted, within reason ofc.
    As long as one knows that the player has not forgotten and that it wont be left standing for several days,
    longer absence is to be arranged a sub though or face a proper skip.

If people dont take the time to post such a request but has been online however, i desire a boot put up their respective darkest places.
    +1

This thread shouldn't replace notifying admins via PM and posting in the respective hotseats, IMHO. It should just be an additional way of showing when you are likely to be back.

I'm back. And I'd kinda like this to be enough notice for extended absences. I am in like 20 hotseats, and it will take way too long to identify and PM each and every admin.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I agree with completenoob. This sticky should be enough for absence announcements.

Quote Originally Posted by complete noob:( View Post
    I'm back. And I'd kinda like this to be enough notice for extended absences. I am in like 20 hotseats, and it will take way too long to identify and PM each and every admin.
    20? Holy crap, youre in more hotseats than I am

This simply cannot stand!
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Going on a 10 day cruise.

I will nominate subs

User: Badger-dude
    Hotseats:

Time absent: 14/12/2012 - 25/12/2012

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

10 days? Wow this truly is a lot have fun.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

User: Korpskog
    Hotseats:

Time absent: Im leaving for Amsterdam Friday 14/12 and will be back Sunday 16/12, most likely I will take the turns at monday morning 17/12 depending on the state of my mind. If this is not granted I will let some of my allies take the turns, (if I have any left ). Lets say 15.00 friday until 15.00 monday GMT+1
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    20? Holy crap, youre in more hotseats than I am

This simply cannot stand!
    Yes. 20 exactly

15 and 5 of them are snail paced Im outmatched

I bow to you good sir

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have problems with my internet connection and need to be subbed in all hotseats for at least few days, maybe even weeks. I can only acces TWC via phone so I have no means to download my turns

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Guys, I'm going away the whole day and tommorow until 17:00 GMT+1
    my hotseats are: Fire and blood
    Young bloods westeros
    Young bloods westeros 2
    Hammer of justice
    The pretender war
    Last stand
    Another king of rivers and hills
    The king of rivers and hills
    Experiementel hotseat - stormy clash of kings with swords
    That's it, pretty sure that's all of them. Really sorry about not telling you before, was kind of a surprise. Also I won't be availblenon my phone. If my turn comes up, wait and don't skip me

Bie

Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast