Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Imperator III - Special Extended Version

Default Re: Imperator II - Special Extended Version

yep Im on the eastern civs right now, I do have one query, if the civs you sent me in that pm a while back are still the ones you are using the there is no point having antigonids as emerging rebels as they were kings of macedonia at this stage of time, the royal family under alexander had already been wiped out and Antigonus II Gonatas, an antigonid obviously was king of macedonia, so at this point of time, the antigonids and macedonia were one and the same

heres a page you will love, Cande and MCM will love it too, if they dont have it already

http://friesian.com/hist-1.htm

here is a map at 240 bc, and if I work backwards, I can see what has been lost or gained from the various nations, easy

http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~atlas/e...atic/map09.jpg
    Last edited by Darth Caesar; August 27, 2006 at 08:54 PM.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Caesar
    yep Im on the eastern civs right now, I do have one query, if the civs you sent me in that pm a while back are still the ones you are using the there is no point having antigonids as emerging rebels as they were kings of macedonia at this stage of time, the royal family under alexander had already been wiped out and Antigonus II Gonatas, an antigonid obviously was king of macedonia, so at this point of time, the antigonids and macedonia were one and the same

heres a page you will love, Cande and MCM will love it too, if they dont have it already

http://friesian.com/hist-1.htm
    Thanks for the link. Great info.

Yup. Basically it what's the list that I have pm you. As for the emerging rebels the option is still open. I only put it tentatively. However I'm actually looking for a breakaway of the Seleucids as this is the faction besides Roman which have a rebel factions.

Since this project starts at 264 BC on the eve of the Punic War, the starting positions might differ greatly from what we have in RTR now.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

well the bactrian and parthian kingdoms do break away from the selucids so maybe them?,

ive always wanted to make the sucessor kingdoms more detailed to the same extent as the romans, I shall see what I can do,

here is a map of mediterranean at 270 BC
    http://www.houseofptolemy.org/graphics/270bce.gif
    Last edited by Darth Caesar; August 27, 2006 at 09:22 PM.

I have an idea, ask candelarius if you could use his galatian skins and make them an emerging faction, as they did move into the region at roughly that time,the map in post above is a great one, the house of ptolemy or something, not bad, its at 270 BC so as close really as you are going to get
    Last edited by Darth Caesar; August 27, 2006 at 11:59 PM.

MCM's Avatar Saint of lost causes

Looking forwards to this- another great idea comes to fruition

this mod has sooo much potential, no bugs leftover from any previous mods, or anything, it will be great

There are some issues with PE that need to be resolved, but I agree, Imperator 2 has much potential for the realist.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Caesar
    I have an idea, ask candelarius if you could use his galatian skins and make them an emerging faction, as they did move into the region at roughly that time,the map in post above is a great one, the house of ptolemy or something, not bad, its at 270 BC so as close really as you are going to get
    If I remember correctly an information provided by FREE Team research, only factions placed in the borders of the map can emerge (if they are not shadow factions of another faction, of course)

uh, Ill have to find a way, then to see if the galatians can fit in, thats if lestat thinks its a good idea, after all, its his mod

Default Re: Imperator III - Special Extended Version (*)

I like the Galatian idea, but unless I changed some existing faction slot then I don't know how it can be added. To use the ERE rebel slot might cause complication eventhough as it can be use to start at the beginning since I'm using ERE as the Seleucids, by having Seleucid's counter faction which are basically different culture than the Galatians.

One option is (if wanted to use Galatians) is to use the Franks slot for Galatia (currently Makedonia/Antigonids) and use ERE rebels slot for Makedonia/Antigonids.

I actually haven't tried using the spawn faction (WRE or ERE) as a starting faction but I think there are mods out there that have used them so it's probable.

Actually I'm a bit taking a break with this project as I wanted to finish with Imperator II first (after RTRPE 1.7 is out) but as of now I do have a playable map, in case anyone wanted to try and comment on the faction starting point etc.

Just PM me and I'll post the link. Make sure you have an unmodded RTW/BI 1.6 copy (can use JGSME also).

Note: I've changed the topic title from Imperator II to Imperator III (though not the actual confirm name yet) since I don't want people mistaking between the two.

Okay.. So I'm bored with playing the game and decided to add some more units to the mod.. Some looks familiar to RTR players, thanks to Dark89 and the RTR team.....

Melee between Roman Legionaries and Deserters

Deserters - Mercenary units of those former legionaries, either disbanded or their general becomes rebels and choose to offer their service to their highest bidder.

Pontic Cavalry Skirmisher

Pontic General

Legionaries

Thanks to limes, ferres, Atilla Reloaded and the RTR developers for units/skins/models.

yeah, maybe having the antigonids as an emerging faction might be a good idea, but make sure the conditions for when they emerge are pretty easy to occur, because it would be pretty stupid if they didnt emerge, its kinda historical because I know there was a lot of civil strife and competition for the macedonian throne during the 280's-260's roughly and the galatians were moving to galatia at this time a so it is a good idea to have them emerging,

Default Re: Imperator III - Special Extended Version

I have uploaded Imperator II - Add on pack 2 which contains the marian period campaign starting at 100 BC and also patch v1.3 while waiting for RTRPE 1.7 to arrive. You can download it at this thread here in the first post. Somehow I couldn't add new info there so here I give basically what v1.3 changes from previous v1.2

-:-:-: Imperator II Add-ons pack :-:-:-

Version date: August 11th 2006

* Add-on pack 2
    ------------------------------------
    * Added Marian Campaign (provincial campaign start date 100 BC - disclamer: this is not an actual Gaius Marius historical campaign)
    * Added patch v1.3

Version date: August 06th 2006

* Changelog v1.3
    ------------------------------------
    * Corrected 'germen clubmen' recruitment (only) german faction only recruitable - eckhart
    * Corected wrong entry for 'barb chieftain dacian' - eckhart
    * Corrected misspell in descr_character_traits.txt - eckhart
    * Corrected some missing vegetation files - eckhart
    * Corrected misspell in descr_ancillaries.txt - Stoter
    * Corrected wrong wall entry descr_cultures.txt - TWADDICT
    * Corrected wrong spelling in export_descr_character_traits.txt - Gaias
    * Added (updated) Darth formation v16 - Darth Vader
    * Added back all walls levels entry - Pnutmaster
    * Added AI cheat money script to help smaller faction survived - base on EB's script
    * Added optional show flag on strat map

Version date: July 19th 2006
    I'm not implementing and testing the garrison script which, depends on the outcome will be included in the next patch and hopefully full final version of Imperator II so I can get back with the extended version as in this thread here.

Cheers..

Edit: This add on pack is quite big (about 40 MB) as it contains all previous patches. So for those newbies, you'll only need Imperator II v1.0 and then the add-on pack 2 to play the mod.

Great info Darth on the Hellenic Kingdoms

Man. PE 11.7 needs to come out so that we can realise the full potential of Imperator

GO PE team!

Siddyus's Avatar Biarchus

Looks cool. BTW, will the split factions get their own units? not units their mother faction already has? Just wanna know. I really like unit diversity. *nods*

I can help with almost anything (bad skinner but can mess around, better at text editting + research) if not working with AE.

EDIT: Downloading gmax. So I might be able to help with models after messing around with it and reading tutorials.
    Last edited by The Walrus; September 01, 2006 at 10:44 PM.
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTitusPullo
    Okay.. So I'm bored with playing the game...
    Imagine if this was the perpetual state that all modders where in? There would be no end to the amazing quality of their modifications to our favorite game. Let alone the quickness in which they would be able to make these modifications. We really need to find a way to make our favorite modders bored so we can receive their gifts of enjoyment faster. :tooth:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaias
    Imagine if this was the perpetual state that all modders where in? There would be no end to the amazing quality of their modifications to our favorite game. Let alone the quickness in which they would be able to make these modifications. We really need to find a way to make our favorite modders bored so we can receive their gifts of enjoyment faster. :tooth:
    Well, I do not think there is a single modder that plays more than five turns in a row (and three of them consisting in just hitting end_turn). I cannot talk for others but it has been six months since I played this game with any intention of survival. Unless I had to test a victory script, of course .

Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin
    Well, I do not think there is a single modder that plays more than five turns in a row (and three of them consisting in just hitting end_turn). I cannot talk for others but it has been six months since I played this game with any intention of survival. Unless I had to test a victory script, of course .
    Yeah man.. are there Modderholic Support Group somewhere out there ?? The last campaign that I manage to finish was actually Roman Campaign in RTR 6.0 Gold... :tooth: Then when I learn to mod the game a bit and started with Imperator I ... it's always play a few turns to see if it works...

Damn all those modding tutorials...

Titus, nice units. Truly, i thought you will also use my new legio unit :tooth: .

CLICK THE SIG !!! ANCIENT EMPIRES ELYSIUM MOD FOR RTW BI. WAY TO THE THRONE MOD FOR MTW2

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast