Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: CVRIA activity

Default Re: CVRIA activity

Some of them would be, see Q&S. Why do not they gain citizenship and that is it? I think is more sane, or less insane? consistant is the word.

But I guess it won't happen because I have the feeling we are the enemy in such cases.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; August 20, 2014 at 02:00 PM.

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

You just killed the thread again.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

I am used to that, and I am used to many other things too. I am used is the key expression. It does not sounds well though. The thread is also used to me. I have worked very hard to reach the 11th page, but I will continue even if it hurts. It is CVRIA activity you know.

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Lord William View Post
    There is no accountability anymore, I can vote yes or no without even looking at the application and no one can tell me otherwise. With the CdeC members are required to give a damn or lose their position. Its just one reason why I like the CdeC more
    Is the other reason the CdeC badge?

I think activity has increased markedly. More people are giving expertise on citizenship applications. More people are becoming citizens. More people are discussing ideas and changes to the Curial system generally. I think activity will increase overtime as new citizens are created in what's a more liberal, laid back system. You talk about the CdeC being scrapped like it should have been a light switch and that the benefits would be instantly realised. Truth is it will happen over time as more active people are brought into make the system more engaging. I mean there are people in this very thread that would never have passed a citizenship application through CdeC and they're active citizens right now, giving worthwhile opinions. That's fantastic. That's wonderful. That's progress.

It's not like every citizenship application has passed. When there have been reasonable issues to say no on an application, they have been made. When that's happened the applications have generally been withdrawn - which is very sensible of course. I think the change has really helped particularly in respect of modding related citizenship applications. The best thing about the change is that the experienced and really high quality Councillors from CdeC such as hesus, Genius of the Restoration, Aikanár, Leo and ermm....errr.....Barry Chuckle can still give their worthwhile opinions anyway. I mean there were some excellent CdeC Councillors but that was more the exception than the rule.

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

I don't agree on being a high quality councilor Q. I just said what i thought was right and had to be done. In other words just did the job i was elected for i don't think that makes one a high quality councilor.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

But we have heard of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    But we have heard of you.
    Rumors of heineken drinking .... people. They tend to hallucinate after one sip.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    SPQR Forum Moderator

In any case that is a wonderful possibility. Those drunk ones did a great effort to see through their glasses what was going on, so I would reward them too. To reward through effort is our theme. Those reading this should never forget it. Rum after a good boarding.

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent-Q View Post
    Is the other reason the CdeC badge?

I think activity has increased markedly. More people are giving expertise on citizenship applications. More people are becoming citizens. More people are discussing ideas and changes to the Curial system generally. I think activity will increase overtime as new citizens are created in what's a more liberal, laid back system. You talk about the CdeC being scrapped like it should have been a light switch and that the benefits would be instantly realised. Truth is it will happen over time as more active people are brought into make the system more engaging. I mean there are people in this very thread that would never have passed a citizenship application through CdeC and they're active citizens right now, giving worthwhile opinions. That's fantastic. That's wonderful. That's progress.

It's not like every citizenship application has passed. When there have been reasonable issues to say no on an application, they have been made. When that's happened the applications have generally been withdrawn - which is very sensible of course. I think the change has really helped particularly in respect of modding related citizenship applications. The best thing about the change is that the experienced and really high quality Councillors from CdeC such as hesus, Genius of the Restoration, Aikanár, Leo and ermm....errr.....Barry Chuckle can still give their worthwhile opinions anyway. I mean there were some excellent CdeC Councillors but that was more the exception than the rule.
    What I'm trying to say is that, all that you just said could be achieved through the existence of CdeC. I agree with you that in the past the CdeC has had it's downfalls when it came to councilor participation and strictness of entry. These issues are easily overcomed when citizens voice their views and use their voting power correctly. I firmly believe that the CdeC is a much better option when it come to regulating entry, so long as the voters hold their councilors accountable.

And yes I like the Badge

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

A horse a horse the Curia for a horse.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    SPQR Forum Moderator

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hesus de bodemloze View Post
    A horse a horse the Curia for a horse.
    I have heard this somewhere. But I am interested to hear more about this.

I have worked very hard to reach the 11th page, but I will continue even if it hurts. It is CVRIA activity you know.
    This reminds me of the book series "Yes Minister" and the department mentioned there, which calculated its success on activity than results.

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

The Civil Service in general, not only the DAA, of course measure their success in activity; and the activity is considerable and productive, ins't that so Humphrey?. The latter is not necessarily always true for the Curia.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Quote Originally Posted by m_1512 View Post
    I have heard this somewhere. But I am interested to hear more about this.

This reminds me of the book series "Yes Minister" and the department mentioned there, which calculated its success on activity than results.
    I just want a horse and was hoping that someone would give me one if i promised him that i would give him the curia. I'll even trow in a funny hat as well.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    SPQR Forum Moderator

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aikanár View Post
    The Civil Service in general, not only the DAA, of course measure their success in activity; and the activity is considerable and productive, ins't that so Humphrey?. The latter is not necessarily always true for the Curia.
    That depends on what the activity is. But yes, Curia perhaps could have a change of focus from activity to results.

Quote Originally Posted by Hesus de bodemloze View Post
    I just want a horse and was hoping that someone would give me one if i promised him that i would give him the curia. I'll even trow in a funny hat as well.
    And what makes you sure someone will trade you a horse (a fine animal) for the Curia and a funny hat?

Of course. From defeat to defeat until the final victory.

Sounds like a joke but isn't it what is behind the CVRIA evolution, and the evolution in general. Try and error? or try and horror? I guess it depends in the point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Aikanár View Post
    Yes, because activity has no profit to measure the success. Or shall I sell shareholds? But I think the success here is somehow meausred by awards, medals, the shiny things world in general, when done so by the polls. It is not profitable but entertained which is good enough.

What is the aim of this thread actually? so we can measure its success. I think is to chat or express what you feel about the CVRIA activity, the "real one", from the posters point of view, the desired one, but also a surreal vision, at least until now.

About the CVRIA results.... I am going to mod and I come later. Avec votre permis.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; August 22, 2014 at 10:13 AM.

That depends on what the activity is. But yes, Curia perhaps could have a change of focus from activity to results.

And what makes you sure someone will trade you a horse (a fine animal) for the Curia and a funny hat?
    It was worth a try.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

@Beth: you mean, it's basically a thread that belongs into the Symposium, or the TD ...

or the Cemetery

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

I think is to chat or express what you feel about the CVRIA activity, the "real one", from the posters point of view, the desired one, but also a surreal vision, at least until now.
    This part?

I think sometimes images say more than paragraphed posts. And images can be interpreted in several ways so for some it has some meaning and for other other meanings. Apart from that anyone is free to post what ever they want about the CVRIA activity.

I think it has become a thread about feelings not so much about logical structures. Why? From my part I guess that I haven't got the time to participate in debates in a deep way, so some image or video allows me to express an idea of what I see arround here.

I wonder what people may think about the images I post, if that thinking leads to something different or they are just not understood or interpreted and that is it.

Somehow like a history in images.

Last edited by Bethencourt; August 22, 2014 at 03:27 PM.

The future of this forum will be based in different limits with more creative activity.

Last edited by Bethencourt; September 12, 2014 at 05:42 PM.