Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: [Submod]Jizya, Kafirs & Dhimmis; v2Released

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: JK&D 1.0 Submod for BC 2.3.2 [RELEASED]

those are great news, keep going with your very good job!!

I think would be great give some re-training in some major fort of that time...maybe for the mercenary units.
    Ayyubid are very powerfull in BC....a lot of money and few enemies. but historical speaking they were a major power in the middle-eat. I think Al-Qahira and Alexandia had a good percentege of the eatern cristians minorieties...
    in my campain I take yaldz with the sha army and no other factions control it from the beginning and the Zoroastrionian got almost 70% of the population, so turn back to islam majority by buildi islamic mosques.

In every mod has to be attetion for historical accurancies (events, constructions, units,...) BC has this. but the player can always choose two options: replicate the history path OR try to avoid the distruction of its kingdom by play carefully.
    so my suggestion is to fix every non-historical things but leave the room for non-historical decisions for the player, it's a good challenge try to find others solutions...for example I try to play a Shandom campains leaving minorities grow in my land and avoid a hudge conversion policy. just to try: what if?

Quote Originally Posted by Julio85 View Post
    for example I try to play a Shandom campains leaving minorities grow in my land and avoid a hudge conversion policy. just to try: what if?
    Yes it's possible
    You can't favorise muslims to become zoroastrian (because, you are a muslim ruler), but you can let your minorities in peace, and not use Jizya.

Djordje's Avatar Civis

You did fine job with this minimod. Keep up with good work man.

jermagon's Avatar Domesticus

I am really enjoying my new Ayyubid Campaign,it's extermely difficult, I am being attacked by KOJ and the Nubians, I hardly pushed them back, however I can't invade them, my Strategy is to raid the KOJ and destroy their economy,I build a strong fleet, blockaded their ports and also I took many of their cities by surprise,destroying their infrastructres and their fortifications and barracks, then abandon the city before the Enemey's main forces counter attack me
    Last edited by jermagon; December 19, 2012 at 07:48 AM.

George Galloway ''You don't give a damn !!!!!!!!''

I am really happy that you enjoyed Ayyubid Campaign

I turn crazy because when i play something else than Ayyubid, KoJ destroyed them and take Mecca and Qahira.
    I would like to balance KoJ a little more for the next version.
    Last edited by Byzantineboy; December 19, 2012 at 07:49 AM.

Dr. Jones's Avatar Tiro

I play a Ghorid campaign at the moment, only a few turns in but definatly enjoying it.
    When I am finishe with exams I cna finally dive in more deeper into the campaign.

new Updates from my Ayyubid Campaign
    I destroyed the kingdom in Jerusalem in 1220, I allied my self with Roman Empire, The Romans has invaded their Northern borders, besiegeing and conquering Antioch, was a huge blow, the crusaders had to send most of their troops to the north to halt the Roman invasion, a good chance for me to wage a total war.

I sent a huge expedition consisted of 3000 men led by the Wali of Egypt, my target was the Rich port of Jaffa, I stormed the city,captured it with very low Casualties,2 turn later I defeated a huge Crusader army and Captured the huge Fortress of Gaza.

In Northern Syria The Romans pinned down the Crusaders Capturing Edessa and Aleppo,I had a lot of funds, I took the initiative and started my Final Campaign led by the Sultan Himself,Conquered Acre, Jerusalem was barely defended by 1000 soldiers, both the Sultan and the Wali of Egypt besieged the city, the Bigest army I've ever raised took part in this battle, finally Jerusalem ws conquered, my next target was Kerak, a huge fortress well defended by 2000 soldiers led by the Crusader king, I sent the Wali of Egypt to Capture Kerak, while The sultan marched to Acre, unfortunately I underestimated the Enemy forces, I lost the battle and the Templers killed the governor of Egypt in battle, what a loss.

on the other side the Sultan's campaign proved to be successful, I conquered Tripoli,Baalbek,Tyre, The KOJ is on the verge of collapse, they only hold Kerak and the Aqaba.
    I assembled the armies from every corner of my Empire I recruited trebuchet and catapult, I besieged Kerak for 5 turns, then I assaulted the fort,destroyed many sections in the wall, the Crusaders were overran, they were vastly outnumbered,they fought to death and so do my men, finally their king was killed and they were surrounded, the battle was over and Kerak was Captured,KOJ has fallen
    Last edited by jermagon; December 22, 2012 at 11:53 PM.

@Jones, I must confess how much i love your avatar

@Jermagon, my friend, thank you for your AAR, it's very fun, you write very good !!! Thank you for your feedback.

Which factions are too much powerfull?
    - KOJ?
    - Roman?
    - Seljuk?
    - ..... ?

In my Ayyubid campaign the KOJ is very powerful, they captured Damascus,Aleppo,Hama in a very short period,it took me 30 years to defeat them with a Byzantine help

Dr. Jones's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantineboy View Post
    @Jones, I must confess how much i love your avatar

@Jermagon, my friend, thank you for your AAR, it's very fun, you write very good !!! Thank you for your feedback.

Which factions are too much powerfull?
    - KOJ?
    - Roman?
    - Seljuk?
    - ..... ?
    Thanks, that is actually a picture of me, but I was dressed up for some special occasions

In my Ghorid campaign, KOJ has not beaten the Ayyubids, tehy are still alive and power full but they lost the last war against them (one province only but stil..)
    Rome is getting a kicking from the Turks and Kypchaks. Seljuks are very powerful however.
    I will post screenshots of it maybe tonight or tomorrow, since my campaign seems to go a bit different than the others.

finished my Ayyubid Campaign I really enjoyed it,

Great!!!
    We want a screenshot!!!

Dr. Jones's Avatar Tiro

Sorry for the delay, I just came back from a holiday.
    Here is my campaign when I played it the last time.
    I play the Ghorids.

Thank you for your screenshots dear Dr Jones

I am glad that factions seems be good balanced, Rums are not destroyed by Romans, Sindh are more powerfull, and crusaders are not overpowerated

Dr. Jones's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantineboy View Post
    Thank you for your screenshots dear Dr Jones

I am glad that factions seems be good balanced, Rums are not destroyed by Romans, Sindh are more powerfull, and crusaders are not overpowerated

Quick update, I played quiet a lot yesterday.

ERE, Armenia and Georgia have all been destroyed. Rum Seljuks, Ayyubis and Seljuks of Iraq are all extremly strong.
    I took most Sindhs provinces.

KOJ is about to be anhilated soon by Ayyubids and Turks.

The Mongols have attacked, unfortunatley they only took one Khwareziam town and are no standing around in that province, doing nothing.

Edit: Makuria has been destroyed as well.

I am happy to see that factions seems to be more balanced than in BC vanilla

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

byzantineboy i've got some questions.

1) are you still working on that project?
    2) why the mongols don't attack and just wandering around bukhara?
    3) i killed with my shah (khwarezm) a rebel general who had the trait of ''Khwarezmshah'' but my leader didn't took it as in vanilla version, why?
    4) can you make muslim princesses available?

also i have to agree that in general the factions are very balanced (seljuks of iraq almost manage to restore their former empire, while the abbasids remain strong, ghurids are destroyed) and of course for adding some very important landmarks.
    Last edited by zburanuki; January 22, 2013 at 02:53 AM.

Hi Zburanuki,
    It's strange because, in my version, mongols have taken all Persia,
    Are you playing Khwarezm? Maybe If there is very big garrisons in your cities, mongols hesitate to attack.
    And for Khwarezmshah trait/ancillary, I will check if there is a link with my mod this afternoon.

I am waiting the new release of BC 2.4 in order to adapt my mod to it,
    But, if there is important improvement who needs to be done, i will make them.
    In theory, I can easily make muslim princess available, but i will need to re-skin them. And i am not totally sure that is historically relevant...

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

believe me in samarqand, bukhara, khiveh and merv i have one unit in each and my shah in gurganj. the mongols invaded in 1220 and now i'm in 1224 or 1225 and they still travelling around bukhara. anyway, check if you have time the trait and thanks for your time.

ps: are you greek or you just like byzantium?

Strange thing for Mongols, it happened to me once with BC vanilla, but I stocked troops in each bridge or cities;

Had someone else the same problem with mongols invasion, using my submod?

ps: I am not greek, just a fan of Roman Empire