Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: V4 Questions

Default Re: V4 Questions

Update to patch V4.001a in case you haven't. The rebel general thing shouldn't be happening as frequent anymore. Also, keep in mind that sending an army off without a general (only captain) increases the change of becoming rebel quite a bit.

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

not sure if this is a Vanilla issue, been so long since I played the game unmodded, anyways here goes:
    Are there any hidden things that influence authority?

My current ruler of Dracule has one trait that gives negative authority (-1), but has something like +8 from others, but still his authority has suddenly dropped to a grand total of 3.
    seems a bit odd.

Yeah, mine as the Dracule has 5 authority. Even though he's performed countless heroic actions and I have all my taxes set to low except in Kosavar which is my capital.

Also, I've performed only chivalric actions as both Vlad and Vaclav and they both still have dread. I really don't want to take away their ancillaries to get rid of it, but I may have to. Is there any other way to increase chivalry rapidly?

Is there any other way to increase chivalry rapidly?
    Releasing prisoners and keeping your general in a city with low taxes for some time are the ones I know of. I believe there are more .

How do you make 4.001a run in windowed mode? I checked the cfg and it said windowed = true, but it doesnt seem to be working.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Quote Originally Posted by illerkiller View Post
    How do you make 4.001a run in windowed mode? I checked the cfg and it said windowed = true, but it doesnt seem to be working.
    remove the ## that precede windowed = true

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Got a question. What do you do when your leader gets traits like "offends the nobility" or "inspires civil war"? Also, how do you treat generals with the "disobeys his liege" trait? I know it's all BBB, but I would rather ask here.

Yeah, really... How does that happen? That's hampered me way too much.

Havn't experienced either of these actually :O

I think you get it when your finances go in the red. Does anybody know how to deal with said traits?

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Some questions
    1. Why to units travel such great distances in a single move?
    2. There lots of open why not more settlemts?
    3. Any thoughts on custom settlements? (For example Hades when I sacked that settlement I thought it would be cool if it looked like a run down castle, dark with a cemetary and bones everywhere)

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Quote Originally Posted by Charger Bolt View Post
    Some questions
    1. Why to units travel such great distances in a single move?)
    Because a single move represents six months, and this is how far they could travel in six months

2. There lots of open why not more settlemts?)
    Read the mod descriptions "The Legacy of the Great Torment is a world inhabited by many small nations which have been been forced to develop in near isolation, a world of large desolate, depopulated lands"

3. Any thoughts on custom settlements? (For example Hades when I sacked that settlement I thought it would be cool if it looked like a run down castle, dark with a cemetary and bones everywhere)
    You are confusing the mod with a cartoon of Scooby Doo

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    Because a single move represents six months, and this is how far they could travel in six months

Read the mod descriptions "The Legacy of the Great Torment is a world inhabited by many small nations which have been been forced to develop in near isolation, a world of large desolate, depopulated lands"

You are confusing the mod with a cartoon of Scooby Doo
    I understand the first 2 as far as the third point i used that as an example, in the real world not all towns and cities looke exactly the same as the next one, some has rivers that ran thought the middle of them some wider while some builed longer because of the geographical location they were not a perfect circles not all castles were the same, some small some very large. Many modders have created custom settled that in sure would allow you to use them as long as they get credit as rep for it
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; January 05, 2013 at 12:00 PM.

kieran12's Avatar Civis

Default Batch V4 problem

Just downloaded the main file, will have to wait again a few hours till i am able to download the patch.

Anyways just incase that doesn't help out my problem.

I've had Thera V3 downloaded for months and have never had a problem loading it, to play. I just put my kingdoms disk in and, just click the batchV3 /it starts.

When i click Batch V4 i get this message
    "windows cannot find kingdoms exe make sure you typed the name correctly and try again, but it loads Thera V3 just fine, did it just there again

Can someone help me or is that i haven't the patch yet is the cause of the problem?

Default Re: Batch V4 problem

Sounds like your THERA folder is in the wrong place. Make sure you have a "theraV4" folder in your mods folder. Also, make sure you don't have a "theraV4" folder in your "theraV4" folder.

kieran12's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Roboto View Post
    Sounds like your THERA folder is in the wrong place. Make sure you have a "theraV4" folder in your mods folder. Also, make sure you don't have a "theraV4" folder in your "theraV4" folder.
    Ya just got it working before you commented, thanks anyway. I unzipped it again and took out the old files and it seemed to work. Thanks though for helping.

Is there anyway to have my army permanently set at 250 men for each unit type.

I done it with Thera V3, but it occasionally it would reset back to default.

Anyone know is there a way to make sure it remains permanent?
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; January 05, 2013 at 04:51 PM.

No probs .

I understand the first 2 as far as the third point i used that as an example, in the real world not all towns and cities looke exactly the same as the next one, some has rivers that ran thought the middle of them some wider while some builed longer because of the geographical location they were not a perfect circles not all castles were the same, some small some very large. Many modders have created custom settled that in sure would allow you to use them as long as they get credit as rep for it
    See, the problem with that is that he would need a lot of custom settlements. Even if you do only the major cities and castles. Also, the custom one has to match the settlement e.g. Roman-stlye for Constantium, which I am not certain is ever made. And it isn't certain he would actually get permission. Making them is certainly no option TFON said, because of the rather small mod team.

P.S.: Anyone has an answer to my question? I don't want it to get lost in more comments .
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; January 05, 2013 at 04:52 PM.

Default Re: 250 men

Quote Originally Posted by kieran12 View Post
    Is there anyway to have my army permanently set at 250 men for each unit type.

I done it with Thera V3, but it occasionally it would reset back to default.

Anyone know is there a way to make sure it remains permanent?
    If you change the settings to be on 'huge' unit size in the main menu then that would probably be as close as you can get.

You could set all of the units to have 250 men in them by changing the actual files but that'd mess with all of the unit balancing so it'd be better to just change the setting to huge in the menu.
    Last edited by Kaiser Leonidas; January 05, 2013 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Roboto View Post
    No probs .

See, the problem with that is that he would need a lot of custom settlements. Even if you do only the major cities and castles. Also, the custom one has to match the settlement e.g. Roman-stlye for Constantium, which I am not certain is ever made. And it isn't certain he would actually get permission. Making them is certainly no option TFON said, because of the rather small mod team.

P.S.: Anyone has an answer to my question? I don't want it to get lost in more comments .
    It makes sense, thanks Mr Roboto for your answer

kieran12's Avatar Civis

Default Re: 250 men

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Leonidas View Post
    If you change the settings to be on 'huge' unit size in the main menu then that would probably be as close as you can get.

You could set all of the units to have 250 men in them by changing the actual files but that'd mess with all of the unit balancing so it'd be better to just change the setting to huge in the menu.
    I just changed the numbers 24, 48, 60 to 100/ I left the rest. I prefer big battles, played the game for a good while yesterday. Everything is ok so far.

Now if the battles take place on top of a hill, or in a confined space. larges battles with 250 men does take a while to finish up!!
    Last edited by kieran12; January 07, 2013 at 09:47 AM.