Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: V4 Questions

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: V4 Questions

Messene is always that small when I capture it. And I've played more Romuli campaigns than I can count. In V4 and V3 and even way back in V2.

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

Thats what I was going to attribute it to. I mostly just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong and that I wouldnt need to redownload it all over again.

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

So TFON, how long until you get another uploading site?

I'm having a lot of trouble from Depositfiles.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Here is a torrent you can try. With thanks to IGdood.
    http://www.gameupdates.org/details.php?id=5220

Be sure to use the "download now" button on the upper left side instead of the one in the middle of the page, it's an ad.

You'll need a torrent client in case you haven't. Download it here:
    http://www.utorrent.com
    Last edited by Comrade Roboto; December 26, 2012 at 03:35 AM.

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Hey TFON...I have encountered my first major crash....I have been playing numerous campaigns due to my now incredible amount of free time...I save every five rounds for each faction I have played...I had one crash with Gaelics(no biggie) a few with the Uruks(no big trouble) but now I have a crippling one with my favorites the League of Privateers which is crippling and not allowing me to go past turn 85...I toggled FOW and saw that the Gaelic Nation was under heavy attack by rebels, Teutons and Avalon...the crash always happens on their turn fighting those three...the error comes up as unspecified...

I am not too computer savvy but my momma didn't raise a dummy either....how exactly do I send you or cut and paste the error information...maybe I can make a correction perhaps? Can I get the instructions on how to show the error put as simply as possible to nobody without formal computer training...I DID modify some Stainless Steel files so Im not a total dunce...thanks...

Also I do have the patch...I put it into the Thera4 folder so Im assuming that aint the issue as I have had no major troubles...peace and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Thera people!!!!!

I would just like a general opinion, but what's the hardest faction to play as? Right now I'm still playing as the Royaume and it's gotten to the point where I no longer find enjoyment from it because there's no challenge. Not in the fighting the Reich, the Valiente, the Teutons, Avalon, or the Gaelics. I'm going to finish the campaign, because I have only 11 more regions to gain before I win the long campaign, but still... Too easy. And I'm playing on H/H, because I can't stand the AI ripping itself apart in VH/VH.

Povos da Hispania, Kuk's, Paynal and Sycorax. Because they lack armour. Men of Valhalla and Wotan. Because of their small unit roster and their armor is not the most advanced. And to a lesser extend, the renaissance factions (less armor). But they can be very powerful if you know how to play them. They're just not heavily armored head-on attack tanks, like the medieval factions. However, IMO their isn't a "hardest" faction to play as. Granted, the medieval factions are a bit easier as they can just head-on attack, but, with the right tactics, every faction is strong in their own way.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Try playing as the Romulii but only using graeco units xD *annihilated by uruks by turn 50*
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Roboto View Post
    Povos da Hispania, Kuk's, Paynal and Sycorax. Because they lack armour. Men of Valhalla and Wotan. Because of their small unit roster and their armor is not the most advanced. And to a lesser extend, the renaissance factions (less armor). But they can be very powerful if you know how to play them. They're just not heavily armored head-on attack tanks, like the medieval factions. However, IMO their isn't a "hardest" faction to play as. Granted, the medieval factions are a bit easier as they can just head-on attack, but, with the right tactics, every faction is strong in their own way.
    Thanks man. I guess I'll try the Sycorax, because none of those others appeal to me. And I've played around a bit with all the Renn factions, but maybe I'll try a full campaign as one of them. It'd give me a chance to change my tactics.

Landwalker's Avatar Semisalis

I haven't tried the Privateers or Faust, but I would certainly not call the Valiente one of the most difficult factions in the game. Perhaps things change later on / in other theaters, but my experience with them couldn't be described as anything less than "unstoppable steamroller of armored pikemen and musketeers."

there are some factions that doesn't have any gunners don't you think there should be some for these factions

I found Tahar difficult due to the location. 120 turns in, with 35 regions, I was still dealing with multiple full stacks from all my neighbors, with very few heavy infantry at my disposal. Granted, elephants help, but they're of limited utility against Uruks and greatsword infantry.

I have a question about the Version 4.001 download. So I got this thing downloaded alright, and I figured I had to merge the two "theraV4" folders and copy over the files there, but it looks like that didn't do anything. Can someone please help?

Quote Originally Posted by blackygh View Post
    there are some factions that doesn't have any gunners don't you think there should be some for these factions
    Honestly I think not. Having no gunners is what makes them special, they are better because they for example have more armor then the factions with guns. Now we don't want the factions to look alike now do we?

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

Any news on the Horde? (just how you feel about it and such)
    Also, if you are doing a Horde Mechanic then why not go all out and do re-emergent
    There are some basic scripts for it in the stainless-steel sub-forum and as a long term goal I see no problem with it

Though I do have a Question

As Privateers What is your First Move? I usually make sale for those Islands with the giants so as to plunder their riches =)

but it tends to leave me quite spread out (which sometimes is no bad thing!) so I'm just curious to other peoples approach

Quote Originally Posted by beermugcarl View Post
    Any news on the Horde? (just how you feel about it and such)
    Also, if you are doing a Horde Mechanic then why not go all out and do re-emergent
    There are some basic scripts for it in the stainless-steel sub-forum and as a long term goal I see no problem with it

Though I do have a Question

As Privateers What is your First Move? I usually make sale for those Islands with the giants so as to plunder their riches =)

but it tends to leave me quite spread out (which sometimes is no bad thing!) so I'm just curious to other peoples approach
    See, I don't see the point for re-emergent factions in Thera. Many of them are based entirely off of noble lines and many times the faction ends with their death. It wouldn't make any sense to refound the Faustian Reich after all the decendents of Faust are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Madness View Post
    See, I don't see the point for re-emergent factions in Thera. Many of them are based entirely off of noble lines and many times the faction ends with their death. It wouldn't make any sense to refound the Faustian Reich after all the decendents of Faust are dead.

One of the things I really missed in Med2 was reemergent factions, back in Med1 they'd usually try and make a comeback if there had been an underaged kid when the faction got whiped out..

Quote Originally Posted by A_Dane View Post
    One of the things I really missed in Med2 was reemergent factions, back in Med1 they'd usually try and make a comeback if there had been an underaged kid when the faction got whiped out..
    Oh, that actually makes more sense then. Medieval 1 is pretty old and it probably outages my interest in strategy games. But yeah that'd be really neat to see, because I guarantee the Faust had some children not of age yet.

Is V4.001a save game compatible?

EDIT: Found out that it's unfortunately not... oh well .
    Last edited by Comrade Roboto; January 01, 2013 at 04:23 PM.

Hello , i have one question, the factions' captains keep turning to the rebels, almost all of their armies become rebels, and even my most important character sometimes become rebels :S any clue or how to fix this to the way v3 was? thanks !