Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: V4 Questions

Default Re: V4 Questions

gameupdates: Torrent not registered (even though I made an account and uploaded....)
    piratebay: no connection could be made because target machine refused it

openbittorrent.com: working

try this....anyone?
    https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7838606

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    Okay, thanks!

Will be deleting the link now.

HERE

http://www.gameupdates.org/details.php?file=theraV4.rar

EDIT: WHY CAN'T I CONNECT......to the tracker....
    The thing is, you have to open your ports. On the website, it should tell you how.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvus View Post
    The issue with making a torrent file is that we have no seeders...
    Gameupdates.org provides seeders for you once they approve your torrent file.

I tried to port forward, but my dad is in charge of taking care of the router......

Anyways it's uploading on thepiratebay, so good enough.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; November 20, 2012 at 10:59 AM.

i) What kind of bonuses do we get from Guilds in v4?
    ii) I can understand from the feedback that Paynal and Kuluklan *spelling* starts with big cities. Are they stil receiving health bonuses to most buildings like in v3?
    iii) Has additional trade routes been added to the cities? for example, if you build a lvl 3 harbour in Sparta you would not get the benefit of a third trade route as none has been defined on the map.
    iv) What are the current bonuses for markets?

thanks

edit: my questions are in relation to this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...75#post9781675
    Last edited by Gaiserix; November 26, 2012 at 07:06 AM. Reason: added clarification

I noticed that in the EDU there's a peasant unit. WOuldn't removing it create an extra space in the unit limit?

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Remove it and see

There is also a unit called test unit. They are dev aids, kept in because two unit slots makes no real impact.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; November 27, 2012 at 02:53 PM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Foederatus

Default Guilds

is there any way to build more guilds of templars or hospitallers? or to make bigger chances to occure?
    as i look in descr_regions there isn't any stricte for guilds provinces, so does it mean that all guilds can appear in all cities?
    if so, it is possible to list some objectives which players must do to start building (for example) next templars HQ?

Default Re: Guilds

I think it has to do with the size of the settlement you have. Like I have a Minor Chapter House to the Hospitallers in the Castle der Otterbach as the Meravangi, but I don't know what factors influence the ability to get the option to build one. Sorry man.

Foederatus

Default Re: Guilds

ok i search a little and found export_descr_guilds file

to have a chance of obtaining guild you need some points, which you have from some specific conditions
    in this link that is really better explained: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/93159...6591067?page=1

i edited a file above to faster reach conditions for hospitaller guild and it really works i played as pale knight

I have a question, why release this right before exams! Now I'm sunk hahahahahaha, thanks for the early christmas TFON
    My A-list of mods to play
    Lord of the Rings total war
    Thera Legacy of the Great Torment
    End of Days and its sequel
    Third Age total war, similar to Lord of the rings total war
    Call of Warhammer
    RIP
    Bringing the light of God(Canadian) Emperor to the fringes of TWC

Default new download link

have you had any luck yet putting this some were else to download the site you got it on keeps downloading half way and than stops really annoying

First a big thank you for V4, V3 was already my favorite and V4 is even better.
    I have a small problem though, the game won't load a save if I edit descr projectile or export descr units.
    Is there a way to make it work ?

Quote Originally Posted by Katagelan View Post
    First a big thank you for V4, V3 was already my favorite and V4 is even better.
    I have a small problem though, the game won't load a save if I edit descr projectile or export descr units.
    Is there a way to make it work ?
    I know that changes to the EDU are definitely not save game compatible, I'm not too about the descr_projectile but I would guess that changing that breaks save games as well.

Did you make backups of these files? If you did then you could use them again if you wanted to play the old saved games, otherwise you'll need to start a new campaign for the changes to have any effect.

Fortunately, I had backups.
    But I seem to remember that those changes were saved game compatible, at least in other mods.
    What makes them non compatible in V4 ?

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

If taking something away from the Export_Descr_Unit.txt, you must remove all instances of it in the Export_Descr_Buildings.txt

If taking something away from the Descr_Projectiles.txt, you must remove all instances of it in the Export_Descr_Unit.txt

I just edited the angles of the mortar shot, taking the values from another mod (values that work, to avoid errors) to eliminate the direct shots and keep the lobbing ones and the ammo of some bodyguards (from 2 to 12, nothing extravagant).

Quote Originally Posted by Katagelan View Post
    Fortunately, I had backups.
    But I seem to remember that those changes were saved game compatible, at least in other mods.
    What makes them non compatible in V4 ?

I came across this problem myself as I always tweak mods to my personal tastes as I play the first couple of campaigns, I was baffled why I could not then I discovered a few lines in the cfg.

In order to be able to edit files and continue to play save games:
    1.Go into your theraV4.cfg
    2.Scroll down to [hotseat] section
    3.Select all of the following text:

## ensure game data files used in previous save match current campaign data files.
    validate_data = true
    ## prevent game to load if savegame or data validations fail
    allow_validation_failures = false

4.Delete and save.
    5.Start a new campaign and you can now edit things as you go along without losing your savegames.
    Last edited by CrayonVonCaesar; December 05, 2012 at 09:19 AM.
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

Thank you.

Thanks for this fun and interesting mod. I just started playing but so far it's pretty cool.

I have a question though, I thought I'd break it in by starting with a more generalized faction and started with Avalon. I was somewhat bummed when I discovered that none of their longbows have AP on any tier, a very useful feature I remember from the vanilla. At first, I decided to just be thankful for the extra 2 attack and assume that they just never bothered to invent bodkin arrows, but then I noticed that the Saethwyr in the Gaelic nations have AP(though not the AOR gaelic longbow unit) and after looking through the custom battle line-ups found that the Ly Kan longbow unit also has AP. Is this an intentional nerfing of the Avalonian units or what?

EDIT: I looked through the EDU to verify the stats and discovered that the Avalonians and Glyndwr (as well as Teutonic Longbowmen, the Koitsenko, and the Cave Man Bow unit, the last two having 8 vice 6 atk) use the same weapons and projectiles(quality/elite_bodkin_arrow) but are not given the same AP bonus. I understand Celtic Cavalry not receiving it but the others are using the same or better weapons in the same manner. Should the result not be the same?
    Last edited by deusvult6; December 07, 2012 at 06:34 PM.
    What's life like if you don't take a chance now and then? ~ Matrim Cauthon

are you ever going to put this up some were else to download i just want to know because if your not i will stop coming here and waiting for it because i can't download from that site it keeps getting half way and stopping the torrent link does the same because theres no seeds for it.
    I really would like to download this i played V3 for so long and i love this mod so much i'm so upset that i can't even try it out.