Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: V4 Questions

Default Re: V4 Questions

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    Why cant you unzip the patch ? The changes in the patch that you want i.e the change in loyalty is achieved via changes in the traits and the AI BD. These type of changes are unlikely to be save game compatiable.
    Don't know why....7zip wont work I have tried several times already after learning the files were still unzipped...I am playing 9 campaigns and switch back n forth between factions every 20 turns....I do NOT want to start them over as countless hours were already invested...something tells me you are a learned man....can you nudge me in the right direction...the AI losing to rebels is my only complaint on the unpatched version...I can live with a misspelling or a silver surfer...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNice808 View Post
    Don't know why....7zip wont work I have tried several times already after learning the files were still unzipped...I am playing 9 campaigns and switch back n forth between factions every 20 turns....I do NOT want to start them over as countless hours were already invested...something tells me you are a learned man....can you nudge me in the right direction...the AI losing to rebels is my only complaint on the unpatched version...I can live with a misspelling or a silver surfer...thanks
    Sorry to say but the patch is in no way save game compatible. You're choices are: installing the patch and starting your campgains over, or continue without the patch. If 7zip doesn't work, maybe you can try winrar. It's, well, winrar .

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNice808 View Post
    Since you asked nicely I may be able to cobble something togather that will be save game compatiable. I will try to find sometime over the weekend to look into it, but life is kind of busy at the moment so dont hold me to this time frame.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Senator

I have a question (surprise...): where are the tga-files for Aztec_Spearmen (Mesocala Spearmen), Aztec_Archers (Mesocala Archers) and Aztec_Spear_Throwers (Mesocala Spearthrowers) for the ui (unit_info and units) located? Cannot find them, in none of the folders. Are they still packed in the M2TW main folder data packs? Creating tga-files in the Thera4-data-ui-unit_info-milan or merc folder (I'm Kukulcan) did not change their appearance.

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Probably Americas campaign, but putting in your own of the same name should override that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    Since you asked nicely I may be able to cobble something togather that will be save game compatiable. I will try to find sometime over the weekend to look into it, but life is kind of busy at the moment so dont hold me to this time frame.
    thanks my friend...if you cant don't worry....if you could PM where the file to tone down the stats I can do it myself...I didnt want to poke around without an expert guide!!

So, having tried and failed to edit the map with Geomod, I start Thera up and what happens? The campaign is now broken. So, I am reinstalling Thera now. Might I ask what I might be able to do to use Geomod to edit Thera's map?

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    So, having tried and failed to edit the map with Geomod, I start Thera up and what happens? The campaign is now broken. So, I am reinstalling Thera now. Might I ask what I might be able to do to use Geomod to edit Thera's map?
    Sorry mate I never use Geo mod, all the mapping I have done has been done free-hand

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

Dang. I wish I could wrap my mind around freehand mapping. Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    Dang. I wish I could wrap my mind around freehand mapping. Good work!
    Its slow but not really difficult. I havent added land masses to this map they are all from the orginal, I have only changed heights, regions, climates, terrain etc/

Ah. What I wanted to do was cut Norselund out of the map and quadruple its size. I doubt I'm capable of that.

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

With Teutonic Order i get 3 free upkeep units in forts. But as the Uruk dominion i get no free upkeep in forts. Do all factions have different amount of units that forts will allow free upkeep?
    Thnx TFON really enjoying my campaign so far..what little i have been able to play
    Last edited by Macrath; January 29, 2013 at 05:28 PM.

Default 2 Handed Axemen

Just a little something I noticed while playing various factions...

2 Handed Axemen in general are TERRIBLE. Attack value is very low, despite the armor penetration and bonus to cavalry, still perform very poorly. 2 handed swordsmen have slightly better results, however most 2 handed units will be beaten by MILITIA troops!!

In the next patch, pls boost the attack values at the very least, and perhaps some defensive boosts as well because of the lack of shield. My favorite looking unit for the Northmen, the yxormen, are so very bad. (yes I know I can change the EDU but i'd like to see all of the cultures changed/balanced)

Just a thought! ;P

Default Re: 2 Handed Axemen

They're shock troops, not meant for sustained combat.

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    Does that mean they're meant to scare then?

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    Negative, they neither "shock", nor have a huge charge bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSword View Post
    Just a little something I noticed while playing various factions...

2 Handed Axemen in general are TERRIBLE. Attack value is very low, despite the armor penetration and bonus to cavalry, still perform very poorly. 2 handed swordsmen have slightly better results, however most 2 handed units will be beaten by MILITIA troops!!

In the next patch, pls boost the attack values at the very least, and perhaps some defensive boosts as well because of the lack of shield. My favorite looking unit for the Northmen, the yxormen, are so very bad. (yes I know I can change the EDU but i'd like to see all of the cultures changed/balanced)

Just a thought! ;P

Ive never had any issues and find they work well, when used correctly and against the correct unit types.

Their balance is correct, so there will be no changes.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; February 01, 2013 at 07:15 AM.

Fair enough, its a really great mod, I just have no use for these troops, despite how really sweet some of them look! I just have not found a situation where a unit of cheaper spearmen will not do just as good of a job, AND also be more resistant to missle fire

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSword View Post
    Fair enough, its a really great mod, I just have no use for these troops, despite how really sweet some of them look! I just have not found a situation where a unit of cheaper spearmen will not do just as good of a job, AND also be more resistant to missle fire
    I sped up the attack a little of all two handed troops for myself as I thought they performed well below what they should have in battle. It has improved them a lot and they now are worth the money.
    Pm me GreatSword, if you don't know how to change this.
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

This is a list and I guess rank or price of goods found in vanilla are
    Of these included in Thera? Did you add custom
    Goods?

Tobacco (5) - This is only available when you reach the Americas.
    Chocolate (5)- This is only available when you reach the Americas.
    Gold (5)
    Silk (5)
    Dye (4)
    Ivory (4)
    Slaves (4)
    Spice (4)
    Sugar (4)
    Wine (4)
    Marble (3)
    Silver (3)
    Amber (3)
    Coal (2)