Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: V4 Questions

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Default V4 Questions

V4 has new battle and campaign AIs. The campaign AI is a modified version of the Savage AI.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; November 16, 2012 at 11:59 AM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Default Re: Questions

This is going to be interesting.....I suppose I can't just shield wall my way past everything now can I?

Eohelm's Avatar Semisalis

Everything but rifles and muskets. None can stop the Reich!
    Actually, I'm curious now. What happens when a shield wall hits a pike formation?
    What happens when a shield wall hits a shield wall? In Rome: Total War, when a shield wall formation charged into another, they sort of intermingled like a fight out of Shogun 2 instead of having a big push/kill-fest. Does it do the same thing in Med2?
    "Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath."

Is it just me or is the THERA forum getting ready for V4 ?

I get the impression that everyone's been ready for quite a while now .

Yes it`s very true, but the changing of the forum threads is a tangible evidence that something is...well about to change

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Because I wouldnt do that just to mess with your heads

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

But...you wouldn`t do that ! ....would you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eohelm View Post
    What happens when a shield wall hits a pike formation?
    What happens when a shield wall hits a shield wall?

The wall stands there and gets slowly poked to death as it doesn't advance much. Pike attack animations are fast enough to flinch-lock enemies in place.

Conchubhair's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Leonidas View Post
    I get the impression that everyone's been ready for quite a while now .
    Well... my name day is the 19th... so... you never know
    I suspect it will be ready when its ready... probably a Christmas miracle

The wall stands there and gets slowly poked to death as it doesn't advance much. Pike attack animations are fast enough to flinch-lock enemies in place.
    This is why I never engage pikes head on, its also why I use pikemen in city defense/attack... its just awesome seeing an entire street held fast by the Kaisers finest. When I encounter pikemen its plan A or B; A: being pepper them down as they are vulnerable to missile(apart from some units in some mods...) or when in doubt... FLANK!

I remember when people first unpacked the game and were playing around with pikemen(which had serious flaws in vanilla) they would put the standard attack stats up and there would be no major changes then they edited the elevation/period/animation speed and... something wonderful happened.

OK... I'm going to stop editing this post before it becomes a book... but anyone else notice V1-V3 fan threads that's right the name was edited... just hit the fan!
    Last edited by Conchubhair; November 16, 2012 at 05:51 PM. Reason: BECOUSE I CAN!
    'Tis hard to hold a couger by the tail.
    Alt+F4 because life is full of surprises

When you have no choice but to charge a pike head on, stretch out the line so the lucky sods at the sides can at least flow around to the back of the wall.

Conchubhair's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    When you have no choice but to charge a pike head on, stretch out the line so the lucky sods at the sides can at least flow around to the back of the wall.
    hmmm.... its simpler than that... use explosives haha... but seriously, some nafta throwers or Faustian grenadiers or the ilk and whilst the formation is in chaos you throw in the gauntlet(troops)
    'Tis hard to hold a couger by the tail.
    Alt+F4 because life is full of surprises

Grenades are good. Basilisks are better. Rocket archers are awesome. Why just punch the hole in line when you can obliterate half of it?

And feedback topic for V4 is up, either TFON is messing with us or he's already uploading new version.

Quote Originally Posted by Conchubhair View Post
    hmmm.... its simpler than that... use explosives haha... but seriously, some nafta throwers or Faustian grenadiers or the ilk and whilst the formation is in chaos you throw in the gauntlet(troops)

I said if you have no other choice. Meaning 1 vs 1, no other forms of support. Any pike wall will go down if any unit so much as looks at its flank.... Pikemen are very shy about their flanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    And feedback topic for V4 is up, either TFON is messing with us or he's already uploading new version.

Given his post on it, he's messing with our heads. +2 Subterfuge on his part.

*hint* *cough* downloads sticky *cough*

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Yeah, I wish... I'll still be eagerly refreshing every 5 minutes, but I doubt there's any hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Yo el Rey View Post
    *hint* *cough* downloads sticky *cough*

TIME TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

+rep sir, though it takes 5 ours for me to download 700 mb, I guess I shan't be able to play in a long time.

Yeah, damn depositfiles.com ....one download at time, and it goes 150kb/s. Sigh, my connection can sustain download speeds of 2mb/s...

CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGEE

Thanks TFON and the whole dev team, whoever you may be.

Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast