Page 102 of 104 FirstFirst ... 252779293949596979899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2067

Thread: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Thanks for the interesting link. A longer answer yesterday is supposedly pending check by an admin or something -.-

Default Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

So here I try again: I probably should have added more detail in what I want: basically recruit one unit once per building/settlement. In EBII some government buildings let you recruit a bodyguard unit after completion, which can't be repeated. That's what I'm looking for for ordinary units. I know there are ways, like some kind of loop chain system with guilds, but that'd be rather complicated. I'm looking for the most simple method, ideally just tweaking the recruitment pool in EDB. I could swear I had read somewhere that it's easily done by starting number 1 and maximum number 0, but my trial now failed. Guess the max 0 trumps the 1 at start unfortunately Of course I can't find the source again where it was explained - maybe just remember what I wished was there...
    A half-way solution would be to simply set the "recharge" points at 0, but the hook then is that the unit can never recover losses (which is kinda important for such a limited one).

Is the game balanced around "Longer assimilation"? Or is it more of a optional thing you can turn on or off depending on your personal opinion?

You can change the difficulty, but it is balanced so assimilation takes some time in order to be more realistic.
    I assume you are refering to religious assimilation. Fastest way to speed it is build and improve religious buildings as soon as possible and move priests/imams into the area quickly.
    Honest and truly, I AM Robin Hood!

Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death View Post
    You can change the difficulty, but it is balanced so assimilation takes some time in order to be more realistic.
    I assume you are refering to religious assimilation. Fastest way to speed it is build and improve religious buildings as soon as possible and move priests/imams into the area quickly.
    I was talking more about the "Longer Assimilation" option you can select in the S4 launcher. The one that causes more public disorder and makes it harder to convert regions.

Good morning everyone,
    I have a rather unusual question that needs clarification.
    I love playing SS.64 with the BGR 4 option but I miss something in the game. It's about the stability of alliances. There is practically no way for an ally to betray me and attack me.
    When I was playing SSHIP modification, I liked the retutation system very much, thanks to which my ally betrayed me by surprise attack after capturing several cites by myself. More cites i have gives more chance to my ally attack me. And here I am guiding my question, could the system of alliance stability from SSHIP to SS6.4 be transferred? If so, which files should I edit to reduce alliance fidelity to looks like in SSHIP?

best regards
    Dal

I'm pretty sure there's an option in the setup for more aggressive AI where even with an alliance they'll attack you.

Icon12 Re: The Stainless Steel Answer Station - ask all questions here - NOT FOR BUG REPORTS!

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's an option in the setup for more aggressive AI where even with an alliance they'll attack you.
    Thank you for your answer.
    So I'll test Gracul ai.
    I hope it will be as good as savage but more aggressive diplomacy

Something's been puzzling me for a while now.

On ending a turn after capturing enemy settlements I normally seem to get a huge boost to my income by the time the next turn comes around. This is unrelated to the 3 options (occupy/sack/exterminate) on actually capturing a city/castle since you get the money there and then depending on what you select.

Looking at the income overview doesn't explain it either since it's a new turn by then so whatever caused me to get something like 20k extra has already occurred in the previous turn.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

I believe it is normal for the conquest loot to appear in the first financial report you get after you conquer an enemy settlement.
    You get that report when you end the turn and it shows you what's different from what was expected and also what is expected at the end of the next turn.

Hello,

In my late era campaign (playing as HRE) crusade called for Gaza 30 years ago.But no was able capture it.Is there a time limit for a crusade?

Thanks.
    Last edited by koray; March 03, 2020 at 11:38 PM.

Thorbjorn Jagelund's Avatar Foederatus

If I marry a royal princess with a nobody general, he gets the trait ‘wife is disinherited’.
    First, will their offspring have the trait ‘of royal blood’?
    Second, is there any way to prevent my princess being disinherited apart from marrying in the family Habsburg style?

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by koray View Post
    Hello,

In my late era campaign (playing as HRE) crusade called for Gaza 30 years ago.But no was able capture it.Is there a time limit for a crusade?

Thanks.
    When the last general on crusade (or jihad) dies (or drops crusade if its a player) then it ends iirc. Use 'toggle_fow' in the command panel and look to see if one is still active somewhere (ships or something)
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbjorn Jagelund View Post
    If I marry a royal princess with a nobody general, he gets the trait ‘wife is disinherited’.
    First, will their offspring have the trait ‘of royal blood’?
    Second, is there any way to prevent my princess being disinherited apart from marrying in the family Habsburg style?
    I think if you wait till your offered marriage then they are not disinherited...but I do not really remember. I usually use my princess to capture other 'of royal blood' lines from other nations generals so do not run into this problem much.
    LOSTHIEF

Question. Is there a way to play this mod and have it "end" before gun powder is invented? yet to be able to keep on playing? so turns go but no years advance. To me gunpowder it really destroys the immersion of the time period.

one more question .Has anyone done a mod for SS to add multiple terns per year so the game does not move so fast?

riuk881's Avatar Semisalis

I am going to reinstall the mod because it crashes to desktop whenever I try to manually fight a battle.

My question is: is there some way I can save my current campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by 18611096 View Post
    Question. Is there a way to play this mod and have it "end" before gun powder is invented? yet to be able to keep on playing? so turns go but no years advance. To me gunpowder it really destroys the immersion of the time period.
    If you remove the gunpowder event from the campaign script and event files it should disable those units iirc. I think they are all tied to it. You can check in the edu file, or wait till someone who knows more than me clarifies though.

Quote Originally Posted by riuk881 View Post
    I am going to reinstall the mod because it crashes to desktop whenever I try to manually fight a battle.

My question is: is there some way I can save my current campaign?
    yes. Just make a copy of your saves folder (or individual save you want from in the folder) under the mod (ss6.3) folder.
    LOSTHIEF

Hi everyone, returning to this after a few years off. Early Era Sicily campaign, got to the Heavy Mail event, the new new foot knights are available in castles, but the new pavise spearmen are not available in the city watch. If I select the building it lists pavise speamen and crossbow militia but in the recruitment screen only crossbow militia are available. I checked the units file and the buildings file and everything seems fine there so I can't figure out why i can't recruit them

EDIT - they appeared the next turn
    Last edited by part_time_player; April 13, 2020 at 02:39 AM.

Question:

In an early campaign the Teutons appear on the map in a particular year? Like the Mongols?

Sorry for bad english