Thread: Goutlard's fatigue overhaul

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Default Goutlard's fatigue overhaul

Hi everyone, let me present you my first mod of a compilation for Empire Total War. I will today present you a modification of the morale system aiming to improve the realism of the game. I hope you will enjoy !

Download Link :

Version 1 : https://mega.nz/#!qs93TLxA!N0Run0H43dXgNtH8qh1rTigWn0JFs1wqBb61Y43Blak
    Version 2 (with fatigue effects) : https://mega.nz/#!zt0mHBQT!iEC6ZWAcGBhC5VUglUxyVJ7t1XRia_3SKB3BlNeNyog

Edited Fatigue Tables :

1. Charging is no more something very tiring to do. In vanilla ETW it is way more tiring than running.
    2. Shooting does not tire the men out as much as reloading to give a more realistic dimension to long range battles. The soldier that fired before will get tired a bit later than the soldier that reloads slowly and fires.
    3. Walking is a bit less tiring.
    4. Being under fire of artillery and small arms is now less tiring to compensate the higher fatigue caused by ranged combat and represent the low number of wounds that the soldiers get as the muskets were pretty innacurate at the time.
    5. Melee Combat will tire your men out pretty fast. They will now not be able to hold a melee combat outnumbered for a long time.

Edited Fatigue Effects Tables (ONLY IN V2):

1. Fatigue now gives a higher malus to charge and melee and you should definitively not use tired units to fight against fresh units in close combat.
    2. Tired men will run even slower.
    3. Corrected the accuracy bug of artillery, very tired men being more accurate than tired men.

Important :

This mod, even if it can be used alone, is part of an overhaul and works best when used in combination with my other mods as they compensate each other's strenght and weaknesses. Many of my mods have many versions to let you choose the features you want. If you want a new version, tell me, if I do not answer you fast, send me a PM, I'll make it !

Goutlard's Land projectile overhaul
    Goutlard's fatigue overhaul
    Goutlard's Naval projectile overhaul
    Goutlard's Infantry Formations and Firing Drills
    Goutlard's Unit Unlock & Prices

How to install :

1. Download the version of the mod you want, thanks to Radious for his awesome mod concept !
    2. Unzip the downloaded folder.
    3. Put the .pack file in
    C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data
    or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data
    4. Go to C:\Users\ "yourusername" \AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts and create a new text document.
    5. Add to the text document :
    mod "(nameofthe.packfile).pack";
    6. Save as... name : user.script ; format : Unicode (important)
    Last edited by Goutlard; April 30, 2017 at 09:32 AM.
    Ottoman Total Overhaul received the 2nd favorite Overhaul/Compilation Mod - 2016 award !