Page 8 of 76 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [UPDATE - 0.9 STABILITY TEST VERSION RELEASED 12/6/15 ]

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [Updated 11/11/12]

Cheers for the feedback

@megells and uricaya: It's small things like the titles which i tend to forget about while working on the bigger things (getting the right skins and units to appear, for example). When I am more or less finished with v0.4 , I could do with some help with 'tidying' things like this up (And also things like adding in the Daughters).

I have tweaked the Targs in the latest version to fare much better under AI control. In 0.3 (The version you are all playing) they run out of money on turn 3, and then Renly or Stannis takes Tarth from them and it is game over. I have given the ai a financial boost which works out well.

As for Robert attacking the Vale, I have never witnessed this myself. Oddly, Stannis used to sail with his entire force and attack the vale, even if they were allied! That is why I had to weak Stannis' ai a little. For me, Robert normally marches on the Reach.

I am currently in the middle of a hotseat campaign where I control almost all of the factions (Exception being Bolton, Hightower, Frey, Yronwood, and Greyjoy - those remaining under ai control.)

I played it out as Targ, Arryn, Tyrell, Redwyne, Darry, and Dorne vs Robert, Renly, Stannis, Stark, Tully, and Lannister. Auto-resolved all battles. It was one of the best games i have played so far! Controlling all the factions meant I could do lots of joint assaults (Tyrell and Martell defending Bitterbridge from a combined force of Robert and Tully was a highlight for me.) I sharedt eh Targ's treasure around to finance the other factions. It was a very fun experience and I highly recommend it

It also has worked well for bug-testing

I cant wait for the version with even more houses to control. In my opinion it would make for best hotseat games where people actually have to cooperate much more then usually.
    Keep up the good work, +rep

A question: is it possible to make the Gold Cloaks available for every faction who owns King's Landing?

Is it possible for someone to do? Yes. Infact, it is very easy.

The only problem is that they may not have the correct skins. And that means editing the battle models db file, which is a pain unless you know what you are doing. It took me MANY attempts to learn how to do it correctly, as just one misplaced space and the whole file will be broken and the game won't tell you what is wrong (Unlike most other bugs).

If you don't care about the possible lack of skins and unit cards, go to export_descr_buildings in 'fireandblood/data' and find the entry for halberd_militia (Or Halberd Militia... something with the world halberd in it...)

It will at the end list the faction 'venice, ' (That space and comma is necessary, I think.

Modify it to include all the other factions you want to have goldcloaks. You can find out which faction is which by looking at descr_strat in the 'fireandblood/data/world/campaign/imperial campaign'

You will also need to add the factions to export_descr_units. Search for halberd, and add the factions under ownership (and era if you want them in custom battles)

For some factions it will work perfectly, as the game already has those skins. For others, it won't work so well.

That is the reason why I have not done so in my mod. I did consider it but it would take some time.
    Last edited by Badger-dude; November 18, 2012 at 08:30 AM.

If anyone fancied helping out on the mod, then please get in touch. I can send you a copy of 0.4 and you can have a play around, find any bugs, and let me know. If it is easy, I can show you how to fix them. If not , I can try fixing them for you. It would get a lot off my plate.

The version I would be sending you would be a beta version of 0.4. Lots of things still need to be changed (Like the symbols that so bug uricaya ) but I can only work on a few things at once. Plus, I am enjoying playing the mod now, rather than fiddling with things every few seconds

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    Is it possible for someone to do? Yes. Infact, it is very easy.

The only problem is that they may not have the correct skins. And that means editing the battle models db file, which is a pain unless you know what you are doing. It took me MANY attempts to learn how to do it correctly, as just one misplaced space and the whole file will be broken and the game won't tell you what is wrong (Unlike most other bugs).

If you don't care about the possible lack of skins and unit cards, go to export_descr_buildings in 'fireandblood/data' and find the entry for halberd_militia (Or Halberd Militia... something with the world halberd in it...)

It will at the end list the faction 'venice, ' (That space and comma is necessary, I think.

Modify it to include all the other factions you want to have goldcloaks. You can find out which faction is which by looking at descr_strat in the 'fireandblood/data/world/campaign/imperial campaign'

You will also need to add the factions to export_descr_units. Search for halberd, and add the factions under ownership (and era if you want them in custom battles)

For some factions it will work perfectly, as the game already has those skins. For others, it won't work so well.

That is the reason why I have not done so in my mod. I did consider it but it would take some time.
    The data folder has a unit skin designed specifically for Goldcloaks (I remember making them) which will be the same for every faction.

I modified the battlemodels file entry. Make a backup just in case before you overwrite. This new battlemodels file should allow goldcloak skins for every faction so far in the submod. Adding them to be recruitable is another task altogether, one which I don't know how to do.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4br2tqyhj2nhpy8
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

If anyone fancied helping out on the mod, then please get in touch. I can send you a copy of 0.4 and you can have a play around, find any bugs, and let me know. If it is easy, I can show you how to fix them. If not , I can try fixing them for you. It would get a lot off my plate.

The version I would be sending you would be a beta version of 0.4. Lots of things still need to be changed (Like the symbols that so bug uricaya ) but I can only work on a few things at once. Plus, I am enjoying playing the mod now, rather than fiddling with things every few seconds
    As I said, I will be very willing to offer you some help just send me 0.4 and I will check it out and tell you what need to be changed, and with some instruction perhaps do it myself

megells's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by uriyaca View Post
    As I said, I will be very willing to offer you some help just send me 0.4 and I will check it out and tell you what need to be changed, and with some instruction perhaps do it myself
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by megells View Post
    Ditto
    Quote Originally Posted by uriyaca View Post
    I will do so when I have finished a few minor changes (mostly faction symbols) and other things that it is quicker for me to do. THen I'll PM you two (and anyone else who is interested)

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet1331 View Post
    The data folder has a unit skin designed specifically for Goldcloaks (I remember making them) which will be the same for every faction.

I modified the battlemodels file entry. Make a backup just in case before you overwrite. This new battlemodels file should allow goldcloak skins for every faction so far in the submod. Adding them to be recruitable is another task altogether, one which I don't know how to do.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4br2tqyhj2nhpy8

Tomorrow, I will try and knock up a couple of files to make them playable... Either that or follow the instructions as best as possible in my earlier post. Make sure to backup

irishviking5's Avatar Decanus

do you need the original alpha for westeros total war or do can you just download this with out it?

i will lend a hand if you need some more help.
    Last edited by Inarus; November 18, 2012 at 05:25 PM.

Bope! All self contained :-)

I can help out with some testing and bug reporting, but I've got no modding skills whatsoever.

Hi, loving this sub mod! My favourite factions are the Starks and Targaryens. Just a quick few little glitches but I don't know if you have fixed/solved them yet. The Targaryens banner is still Byzantine, Khal Drogo has no skin in battle mode and Danearys turned REBEL on me! She is the faction heir and she turned rebel...Will these be fixed in the next release? Also I am willing to help if you have the time to instruct? Just let me know which programs I should use etc for modding.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel Ezekiel View Post
    Hi, loving this sub mod! My favourite factions are the Starks and Targaryens. Just a quick few little glitches but I don't know if you have fixed/solved them yet. The Targaryens banner is still Byzantine, Khal Drogo has no skin in battle mode and Danearys turned REBEL on me! She is the faction heir and she turned rebel...Will these be fixed in the next release? Also I am willing to help if you have the time to instruct? Just let me know which programs I should use etc for modding.
    Most M2TW modding are done by editing the .txt files in the mods-folders, learning this completely takes forever, but if you like to get started I suggest you look in the following thread. Most textures, skins, 2D art etc can be edited in programs like Photoshop or GIMP.

Enjoy!
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Sounds bloody awesome! Can't wait for 0.4 .____. !

Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    Most M2TW modding are done by editing the .txt files in the mods-folders, learning this completely takes forever, but if you like to get started I suggest you look in the following thread. Most textures, skins, 2D art etc can be edited in programs like Photoshop or GIMP.

Enjoy!
    Brilliant, thank you. Oh and another glitch, the adviser keeps asking if I want to take the iron throne nearly every turn...

I don't know if this is common but the Tars have the crownlands banner, the Freys have the Sicily banner and the Boltons have the Russian banner.(In the middle of battle)

Love the look of this so far and my subscribers are already asking me to do video's on it.

I'll be glad to give them what they want in the future, but i'm very busy so i'll wait for a more updated version first before i record anything. Also I'd love your permission to upload the footage rather than just go ahead without it, out of respect for your hard work.

Let me know if you'd be cool with it

P.S Feedback: My version could be outdated as i downloaded it a while ago, but the Targ faction under AI control seems to get destroyed very fast. I noticed something on the thread about them going bankrupt so maybe you have already fixed this, just felt i should leave what was the only downside I've seen in the mod... Marched South with Robb to join with his Farther at Kings Landing only for the Targs to be very, very weak by the time i got there.
    Last edited by SoulGamesInc; November 27, 2012 at 06:31 AM.

Several people have approached me with offers of help in recent days and weeks.

I now have a much smaller amount of time to work on this alone, and as such I am currently uploading a file to my dropbox.

If anyone is interested in helping playtest this, please feel free to PM me.

Those who have already PMed me, wait a few hours and I will PM you a link and a specific request.

This version is FUNCTIONAL but is very 'rough and ready'. This is a separate install to fire and blood 0.3 and is totally self contained.

Please do not use this version to play a public hotseat - If issues arise I am likely to hotfix them, thus invalidating saves and causing a hotseat nightmare.

The intention is that if you find a problem, or something you can improve on, you message me about it and either help me fix it, or I fix it in the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    Love the look of this so far and my subscribers are already asking me to do video's on it.

I'll be glad to give them what they want in the future, but i'm very busy so i'll wait for a more updated version first before i record anything. Also I'd love your permission to upload the footage rather than just go ahead without it, out of respect for your hard work.

Let me know if you'd be cool with it

P.S Feedback: My version could be outdated as i downloaded it a while ago, but the Targ faction under AI control seems to get destroyed very fast. I noticed something on the thread about them going bankrupt so maybe you have already fixed this, just felt i should leave what was the only downside I've seen in the mod... Marched South with Robb to join with his Farther at Kings Landing only for the Targs to be very, very weak by the time i got there.

I'd be more than happy for you to do a play through, but as you say I'd advise waiting for Version 0.5 (at the very least)

I've recieved some valuable help recently from a few people (who will be credited properly in the next release)

Suffice to say, Prophet has been working very hard on some new skins for the new factions (Darry, Redwyne, Hightower and Frey in particular) while KorpsKog is assisting me with some new settlements. We've already added almost a dozen new ones to the map!

Re:Weak Targaryens - I have been trying to fix this without the Targs becoming TOO powerful.

Suffice to say, any faction can win in a Total War game is all other players are under AI control. I have won the game as Frey (Only two settlements!).

I'm shelving the wall idea for now, in favour of focussing on tightening up what we already have

For those who have mentioned a desire to create submods off this... I urge you to please wait until a complete version is available!