Page 7 of 76 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [UPDATE - 0.9 STABILITY TEST VERSION RELEASED 12/6/15 ]

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [Updated 11/11/12]

I used winrar and westeros is now working, but Fire and Blood isn't working.

I used winrar and now westeros is now working, but Fire and blood still won't work. :\

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Can you show me a screenshot of your mods folder, and the fire and blood folder?

so we're having wildlings/night's watch? there's actually a lot of minor factions you could add, maybe one for each of the major tribes?

megells's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by ganso View Post
    so we're having wildlings/night's watch? there's actually a lot of minor factions you could add, maybe one for each of the major tribes?
    I like the idea of those two factions... but in my opinion JUST those two. The Free Folk should just be one fighting force to make sure all the complications of multiple Wildling factions won't occur. But... Badger Dude I love you, you just randomly picked up modding and truly have come out with the best submod for WTW yet.
    Two other issues I noticed while playing as the Freys are that they can't recruit a diplomat at their capital and when they capture a city-type settlement they can't recruit any units there.
    Last edited by megells; November 14, 2012 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by megells View Post
    I like the idea of those two factions... but in my opinion JUST those two. The Free Folk should just be one fighting force to make sure all the complications of multiple Wildling factions won't occur. But... Badger Dude I love you, you just randomly picked up modding and truly have come out with the best submod for WTW yet.
    Two other issues I noticed while playing as the Freys are that they can't recruit a diplomat at their capital and when they capture a city-type settlement they can't recruit any units there.
    Why thank you! praise is always appreciated (as is +rep )

I tend to be overburdened in ambition, yet lacking in talent. I cannot take all the credit, most of the skins and models came from AKORAH!

My love of minor houses aside, having multiple wilding factions would be rather silly.

I added the land beyond the wall mostly for the hell of it. I found out how to do it yesterday and it only took a couple of hours to get it working. I have saved the progress so far in a separate folder and now I am back working on the main problems with the mod as it is...

Thanks for raising the issue with the Frey's. It is simply because the vanilla Sicily faction (which the Frey's are based on) lack militia units.

You can easily add them in via export_desc_buildings and export_desc_units but...
    1) They won't have skins/unit cards
    2) It may not be save game compatible.

If I go ahead an add the Wildlings/ Nights Watch, then I will be having to do a full rewrite of those files anyway, so it should be easy to get sorted

Having some problems getting the settlements in the right place. I have no idea why that water is spawning too!

megells's Avatar Civis

I would offer to help you out but I literally know nothing about modding. I'm a quick learner though so perhaps if someone pointed me in the right direction I could learn the basics and ease your burden a little bit. Just an offer

About the lack of militia units, I believe it is also happening with the targaryen faction, I can only recruit ships in the cities I took.

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by megells View Post
    I would offer to help you out but I literally know nothing about modding. I'm a quick learner though so perhaps if someone pointed me in the right direction I could learn the basics and ease your burden a little bit. Just an offer
    I am just as you, I don't know a thing about modding but I would love to help you Badger-Dude build this mod up, I have been dying for an opportunity to try and learn some stuff. Perhaps you could have a team working on this mod and not just yourself, like the KORAH mod had a solid team. I have a-lot of spare time, so perhaps if you have some workload to get off your back and you could give me an easy task I'll do it for you.

The night's watch lookes incredible, you are making some great proggrese Badger-Dude keep up the good work. Also, it seems like you have 2 maps overlapping, I think that one is the modified radar map (when adding the lands beyond the wall) and the other is the regular unmodified map. You need to change them in the game files.

Again, pm me if you have an easy task for me.
    Last edited by Uriyaca; November 15, 2012 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    Can you show me a screenshot of your mods folder, and the fire and blood folder?
    Is that what you wanted?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I see your problem, you need to put it in your mods folder, not your westeros folder just move it out of there, and run the batch file in the FireandBlood folder.
    Here is a picture of the correct location. Just press the batch file and your'e ready to go
    Last edited by Uriyaca; December 16, 2012 at 10:21 AM.

Thank you Badger-Dude and Uriyca its working now.

Quote Originally Posted by ganso View Post
    About the lack of militia units, I believe it is also happening with the targaryen faction, I can only recruit ships in the cities I took.
    That was an oversight on my part, but it has now been fixed for the next version

Re: Requests of help... At the weekend I will PM anyone who is interested with a list of things that I need help with. Some of them are pretty easy, some are more difficult.

Anyone with mapping knowledge... Please get in touch! I have no idea where this water is coming from...

I 'learnt' how to map in about 2 hours, so it is no surprise that I am having difficulties!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I will help you but remember to explain to me how! I never modifyed games before, so be sure to give me easy to explain how tasks. Perhaps I can try and help you with the really annoying symbols problem.

Which symbols are not displaying correctly? As of 0l3 it should only be the 'small' version that is only seen on things like diplomacy summaries etc..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I have noticed 3 symbol problems, there might be more: the symbols are like the vanilla\enhanced

1) Diplomacy menu
    2) Battles
    3) Empty settlements

Its easy to point out problems with no idea how to fix them
    Last edited by Uriyaca; December 16, 2012 at 10:21 AM.

megells's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by uriyaca View Post
    I will help you but remember to explain to me how! I never modifyed games before, so be sure to give me easy to explain how tasks.
    I second that

Have played some fun campaigns with Targs, Starks and Stannis. When I played with Stannis it was very easy to kill the Targs quick. I like the mod because it creates a whole new atmosphere on the campaign map. I saw the Lannisters destroy the Reach and the Vale annexed by Robert!
    There is a small thing with Robert though, sometimes he cancels his hunting and marches off to the Vale with two units of knights to be slaughtered when the Vale declares for Targaryen. This happens often, is this scripted somehow?

Some ancillaries should be removed:

Mace Tyrell (hand of the king)
    Alester Florent (hand of the king)
    Tywin Lannister (hand of the king)
    Loras Tyrell (rainbow guard)
    Tyrion (lord treasurer)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The same with Robb and Bran, Robb is "the lord of winterfell" and Bran is "Prince Brandon" which shouldn't be like that because Eddard is alive...