Page 6 of 76 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [UPDATE - 0.9 STABILITY TEST VERSION RELEASED 12/6/15 ]

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [Updated 11/11/12]

Ahhh damn websites they all stop downloading suddenly, I am sure now that it's a problem that decided to pop up in my computer.
    I will try to download this again tommorow, weird that the 0.1 had no problem's with the downloading

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

No matter, I managed to download the files and they weren't corrupted, it's OK and it work's now.
    Thank's Badger-Dude

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Try clearing the cache and cookies next time

Personally i think you should make Danny married to Drogo with the possibility of becoming king Vis dies without an Heir, its your mod so in the end do what you wan't ill play it regardless , but danny really isnt a fighter at least not yet.

I don't think the people of Westeros would accept Drogo 'Targaryen' as a king of Westeros! And if Bran Stark and Robert Ardyn can lead armies, so can Dany

True enough

Awesome mod, really enjoying it so far, Just wondering if you'll add the Stark sisters to the family tree and/or available as princesses?

I did intend to do this. It is quite low on my list of priorities though, but it will be doen when I find the time!

You should make Renly-Robert-Stannis 1 faction
    Iam playng whit Robert them Renly attacks me (?) if roberts alive there is no reason for them delcare for the viserys

Bryce Caron's Avatar Ordinarius

Download files are corrupted for me, but gonna send over the extremely late bio's regardless. Sounds like its been great!

Today, I have added Redwyne, Hightower, Darry, and Yronwood. They aren't all 100% complete but they are functional and the more the merrier IMHO. It also promotes roleplaying which is always good fun

megells's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    Today, I have added Redwyne, Hightower, Darry, and Yronwood. They aren't all 100% complete but they are functional and the more the merrier IMHO. It also promotes roleplaying which is always good fun
    Good job man, you're really creating a great submod here. A few things to point out, your diplomat island is missing a few factions, and by turn 20 most of the factions have bribed each other's diplomats so that only a few factions have any left. I'm sure you've realized the faction symbols and names, so I'll skip that (but one you might not have noticed is that every faction with the exception of the Freys has the word "house" before their name, so it would be logical to change it to "House Frey"). Your declaration system is a great idea but a tad unstable since factions tend to switch sides, and perhaps it would be possible to implement it so that the player has this option as well and not just the AI? Nextly, the Baratheon brothers alliance is unstable as well, I think it would be much less trouble to just merge all three of them into one united House Baratheon faction. Finally, I strongly suggest adding a second faction in the Vale since it tends to not be a scene of fighting, I would find it interesting to see a front in the Vale between the Arryns and perhaps the Royces or another prominent Vale house. All in all, you're doing a fantastic job and I'd like to see you continue.

ButtSwag's Avatar Decanus

I Think Megells has some good ideas^^^
    Also are the symbols high on your priority list?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I think that all of this minor faction's will be a-lot of fun against AI, but with all these minor faction's the hotseat's will just be a tedious wait so perhaps you can make them AI faction's in hotseat's.

I was waiting for the 0.3 version to come out so I could really try it, and now have some feedback for you:
    -As it was stated before, the declaration system although I think it is an awesome idea, it needs some improvement because in all the times I played I had factions switching sides, and in my last game I even got a Tyrell that declared war on both the Baratheons and me (Targs). I just RP that as they trying for independance but still, there's got to be a way to stop the switching, right?
    -I played as Stannis and wiped the targ navy in the first or second turn, after that the game just became a boring fight against the Martells. That might need some balancing.
    -I just love the minor factions. The freys are really a challenge to play, I played them twices and got sandwiched by starks, arryns and tullys both times. IMO you can put in as many as possible.
    -Again as it was said before, the Vale does need other(s) faction(s).

Hope it helps, and keep on with the good work, this mod has got an amazing potential

I installed this mod but the game won't run (nothing comes up saying why) so I'm confused. Any help guys?

What exactly did you do? Did you unrar the file to your mods directory?

And did you double click the .bat file?

Quote Originally Posted by ganso View Post
    I was waiting for the 0.3 version to come out so I could really try it, and now have some feedback for you:
    -As it was stated before, the declaration system although I think it is an awesome idea, it needs some improvement because in all the times I played I had factions switching sides, and in my last game I even got a Tyrell that declared war on both the Baratheons and me (Targs). I just RP that as they trying for independance but still, there's got to be a way to stop the switching, right?
    -I played as Stannis and wiped the targ navy in the first or second turn, after that the game just became a boring fight against the Martells. That might need some balancing.
    -I just love the minor factions. The freys are really a challenge to play, I played them twices and got sandwiched by starks, arryns and tullys both times. IMO you can put in as many as possible.
    -Again as it was said before, the Vale does need other(s) faction(s).

Hope it helps, and keep on with the good work, this mod has got an amazing potential

Re: Declarations. I am still trying to sort this out. I am not a natural scripter, and would appreciate any advice from anyone in the know on how to stop the script for flip-flopping. With all the condition I have added I thought surely it would function by now!

Being a one-man band is difficult at times!

Quote Originally Posted by uriyaca View Post
    I think that all of this minor faction's will be a-lot of fun against AI, but with all these minor faction's the hotseat's will just be a tedious wait so perhaps you can make them AI faction's in hotseat's.
    I disagree actually. I think the minor factions do not really work when commanded by the AI, as they tend to lash out against the nearest faction... The Boltons will either sit and do nothing, or they will attack the Starks.

As I see it, as long as the players in a hotseat are all geared up, then they will add more to the game than they detract. It is also a great excuse to add new settlements!

If I run a Fire and Blood hotseat for the next version, I am likely to make a rule saying that a minor faction's 'parent' will sub, unless the player is on the ball.

What exactly did you do? Did you unrar the file to your mods directory?

And did you double click the .bat file?
    Would winzip be fine?

WinRar is free and is preferred.

On another note, Bran Stark dreamt that the see came to winterfell... he should have been more worried about Last Hearth!

Now who can guess why I am doing this...
    Last edited by Badger-dude; November 14, 2012 at 12:32 PM.