Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [UPDATE - 0.9 STABILITY TEST VERSION RELEASED 12/6/15 ]

Bryce Caron's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [Updated 05/11/12]

Frey's look great. Anyway to give them the generic armoured swordsmen though?

Do u gonna give danny her dragons, not like in a unit but a trait like a retinue or a trait '' Mother Of Dragons'' ??
    I seem very difficult because Viserys is alive but it will be cool to get the dragons somehow in the game

ButtSwag's Avatar Decanus

Well technically her dragon wouldn't even be born, because Drogo is still alive, she woould still have the petrified eggs.

DiegoLima's Avatar Miles

First things first, that mod is awesome =]

All i wanna ask is, why Daenerys is a "Prince" and out of the family tree?

Like you said, Dany still don't have her Dragons, and Khal Drogo is alive, so i believe he's still married with her. That makes more sense if you make something like that:

------------ Rhaegar (dead) married with Elia Martell (dead) ----------- Rhaenys (dead)
    ----------- Aegon (dead)
    Aerys the Mad (dead) married with Raelle (dead) ------------ Viserys (alive)

------------ Daenerys (alive) married with Khal Drogo (alive) ----------- Rhaego (alive)

This way, Khal Drogo is the actual heir of Targaryen family, since Viserys don't have a son until now.

You can make an script where after some kind of event (Khal Drogo dies in a Battle), Dany manage to give birth to her dragon eggs.
    Also, you can make an script where after the targaryens manage to take control of King's Landing, and Viserys or Khal Drogo manage to win the ancillary "Varys", an event window pop up letting you know that Aegon is still alive, and you must help him come back to Westeros, maybe sending money (a hard deal for Targaryens since you get bankrupt really fast), and he'll appear with Jon Connington leading an army of sellswords of the Gold Company.

Well, i'm kind new here, and usually i like to read, but i got soo excited about your mod that i wanted to help in some way.

DiegoLima's Avatar Miles

I did something wrong with the family tree, sorry to post twice:

Viserys would be the fation leader, and Drogo his heir correct?

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Freys look great, Can we see some Bolton pics Please?...
    Going to play the hotseat when this comes out for sure

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Dany had to be a 'male' because of the game engiene. I did try giving Dany a custom Strat model but I think it is a minor enough issue to not be troublesome. I have already started work on a Targ tree... I can finish that before the release.

Things like dragons eggs will be added via a patch in a later version I believe. I have a very busy week ahead and I would rather release the latest version today rather than wait a week!

Drogo would not be part of the tree as the game will not allow same sex marriages. I will have to use a Drogo in a dress stand in!

I will upload some of the Bolton screenies. They are essentially the same as in Dux's AKORAH mod (Used with permission)
    Last edited by Badger-dude; November 11, 2012 at 04:24 AM.

DiegoLima's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by ButtSwag View Post
    Viserys would be the fation leader, and Drogo his heir correct?
    At the very beginning , yes, since he'll be the husband of the princess.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    Dany had to be a 'male' because of the game engiene. I did try giving Dany a custom Strat model but I think it is a minor enough issue to not be troublesome. I have already started work on a Targ tree... I can finish that before the release.

Things like dragons eggs will be added via a patch in a later version I believe. I have a very busy week ahead and I would rather release the latest version today rather than wait a week!

Drogo would not be part of the tree as the game will not allow same sex marriages. I will have to use a Drogo in a dress stand in!

I will upload some of the Bolton screenies. They are essentially the same as in Dux's AKORAH mod (Used with permission)
    I don't think it's the best way Badger. Since you're playing in a history where Viserys managed to have his Dothraki army using his sister as payment, Daenerys is nothing but a princess for him, that he already sold for soldiers. Also that's make sense, i believe, for Drogo move his Khalasar to Westeros, to give it to his future son.

I agree, so Dany would be just a princess. It is Badger's mod though, so it's up to him

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [Updated 11/11/12]

New version is now released (Link will be in the first post as soon).

Please remove the previous version (or rename the folder) before extracting, to avoid any muddling up

Fire and Blood V0.3 ALPHA

Installation Instructions:

1) UnRar to Mods/Westeros
    2) Double-Click the shortcut.
    3) Enjoy!
    4) It is highly reccomended that you play on VERY HARD Campaign Setting to get the most out of teh game.

This is a work in progress, and lots of scripting still needs to be done. This is only a proof on concept!

New Features:

- 3 New factions: House Targaryen, House Frey, House Bolton
    - Multiple New Characters
    - New Ancillaries
    - New 'Declarations' System to encourage the AI to take action
    - Isle of Diplomats for all major factions (Sadly there is no room for Frey or Bolton, but they have princesses)
    - Other minor changes

Known 'bugs'

1) Robert's Battle Model fights with a lance, and not a sword (or hammer). THis looks odd but functions fine in game!
    2) The Gold Cloaks of King's Landing only have 77 men rather than 120. this is a weird bug and I have no clue what has caused this. Simply retrain them (Makes sense re:game lore aswell)
    3) House Frey's description is not showing.

I want to release this today (Sunday 11/11/2012) as I will not have much time in the next week for gaming.

Any issues, PM me on the Westeros board at Total War Center

Badger-Dude

Happy gaming! I hope you all enjoy this!

Link is up. Also uploading to a second mirror

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I tried to download the file, but when I extracted it it said the file was corrupted and when I opened it there was no batch or CFG file... I will try the second mirror
    Edit: even downloaded it again, still corrupted file... please upload it again and preferably in a different mirror. Also I think I know what the problem is, it simply stops downloading when it reaches 104 MB, instead of finishing the download.
    Last edited by Uriyaca; November 11, 2012 at 10:17 AM.

iam playng the 0.3 version and i got 2 problems

1. AI seems to turn sides every turn, one turn they are ally to targ and the other to baratheon, they dont decides what side they join.

2. Lannisters need to be more agressive, they are just sitting around pinksmaiden doing nothing (and they are in war whit tully).

But the rest is doing fine

Quote Originally Posted by FelipeÁvila View Post
    iam playng the 0.3 version and i got 2 problems

1. AI seems to turn sides every turn, one turn they are ally to targ and the other to baratheon, they dont decides what side they join.

2. Lannisters need to be more agressive, they are just sitting around pinksmaiden doing nothing (and they are in war whit tully).

But the rest is doing fine
    Are you playing on Very Hard?

I have witnessed the Frey's and Bolton's turning sides (which they should not be able to do, technically, but makes sense in terms on game lore) but not the other factions...

I am in the procvess of rewriting the script anyway, to make it so declaring sparks hostilities with factions have already declared...

AI factions should not get the chance to change their mind under teh current system... Something is obviously being reset where it should not be!

I tried to download the file, but when I extracted it it said the file was corrupted and when I opened it there was no batch or CFG file... I will try the second mirror
    Edit: even downloaded it again, still corrupted file... please upload it again and preferably in a different mirror. Also I think I know what the problem is, it simply stops downloading when it reaches 104 MB, instead of finishing the download.
    If you send me you email, I will send the file directly. I can't upload it here as it is too big, and other mirros keep failing!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

My email is uriyaca@walla.com
    I also replied to you in the VM you sent me

iam playng on very hard and the only faction that seems to attack is the martells

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

OK opened dropbox, used the same email uriyaca@walla,com

I am sending the file via sendspace. It's already at 73%

In the games I have played, the Martells and Tyrells tend to join with House Targaryen and attack the Stormlands and the Lannisters. Dorne takes the lower Strormlands while Lannister and House B. of the Crownlands attack the Tyrells. Arryn is often a Wildcard.

Bolton and Frey keep switching sides, which I guess is lore accurate but annoying in game terms. This does not happen very often in my games, I am sorting this out now.

My other suggestion? Play against humans in the hotseat! See my sig

Alternate download link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/o7fxgk