Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [UPDATE - 0.9 STABILITY TEST VERSION RELEASED 12/6/15 ]

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [Updated 05/11/12]

I would post to media fire but the file is 236mb and their maximum is 200mb per file. If someone knows how to split an archive I would happily do so next time I have fast internet?

EDIT: I just double checked and the site is up and running for me. Temporary downtime perhaps?
    Last edited by Badger-dude; November 05, 2012 at 08:03 AM.

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

No matter, got to download it

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Why haven't you used the Targaryen banners/flags from the Blackfyre Submod? The flags are still Byzantine, kinda ruins the immersion.

Also you can change the Loathes the Byzantines into Loathes the Targaryens, by searching for that sentence in data/text export_vnvs.

Otherwise, good job Just fix the details (like the above and adding Ice and Roberts Warhammer) and the scripts and it will be great.
    Last edited by Dux; November 05, 2012 at 09:01 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

OK, played the game for a while as targerians, nice gameplay ... like practically every other westeros mod/submod still need's to be finished but it's real fun
    Danny starts with a huge huge huge army, and 60000 dragons, loses 25000 per turn so she has to act fast
    You practically completly destroy Renly in 5 turns.
    Also noticed house Joffery hold 2 stormlands settlement's who aren't part of the crownlands, why change that?
    seems like a really nice submod, saw you used my icon I'm flattered... not like it's such a hard job
    Last edited by Uriyaca; November 05, 2012 at 10:58 AM.

@Dux it was simply a case that I ran out of time. i am noe on holiday with only my netbook and mobile broadband so I had to post an unfinished version, hence the dusclaimer.

It looks like Dany starts with a big advantage, but in fact those pillage hungry Dothraki and sellswords are greedyand encourage aggressive gameplay. Robert has some if the northern stormlands as he is the big boss of the Baratheons... and to encourage his player to aid Renly!

@Dux it was simply a case that I ran out of time. i am noe on holiday with only my netbook and mobile broadband so I had to post an unfinished version, hence the dusclaimer.

It looks like Dany starts with a big advantage, but in fact those pillage hungry Dothraki and sellswords are greedyand encourage aggressive gameplay. Robert has some if the northern stormlands as he is the big boss of the Baratheons... and to encourage his player to aid Renly!

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

I tried this and it has some potential no doubt! I was wiped out by Stannis fleet when approaching Dragonstone and all my generals died... Before that I encountered a crushing defeat at Storms end with a 70 % advantage in battle odds.. :p Those dothrakis are not very effective in sieges I guess.

Looking forward to next version!
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Lord AcidRocker's Avatar Senator

I'm loving the story line. Can't wait for more updates .

If you need help with writing as well, just shoot me a pm. Here is an example of my work

This will be an excellent addition for WTW hotseating.

Semisalis

Love it man! Repped!

Everyone except the Targaryens should have an alliance with the Iron Throne at the start of the game. When the Targaryens get an alliance with one of them and attack another the civil war begins.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Seen you updated the opening post, just want to say that the arryn's fought with robert in the war (Jon Arryn) so change that.

As far as I remember, the houses of the vale were split in the war, with House Arryn supporting Robert while other houses sworn to Arryn fighting on the side of the Targs

Edit: From the wiki:

When Lord Arryn raised his banners in revolt, many of his bannermen sided with the King, chief among them Lord Randyll Grafton, who called the other loyalists to aid him in barring the rebels from entering the port of Gulltown. Eddard Stark decided to make his own way back to the North via the Fingers. Gulltown's defenses eventually fell, with Robert returning to Storm's End after slaying Lord Grafton. Both he and Eddard then called on their own bannermen.

Next House Tully joined the war on the rebels' side, following the marriage of Eddard and Jon to Catelyn and Lysa respectively, binding House Stark, Tully and Arryn together.[2] However, like in the Vale, not all the Tully bannermen joined the rebel cause. Houses Ryger, Darry, Goodbrook and Mooton took the side of the Targaryens in the war and Frey remained neutral until the situation became clearer.

After all the rebels were united, it was decided they would stand behind Robert, whose grandmother had been the daughter of King Aegon V Targaryen, giving him the best claim to the throne outside of Aerys, his children and grandchildren.

In turn, King Aerys summoned his own banners. All Targaryen bannermen responded, as did houses Tyrell and Martell who stayed loyal to the throne as did all of their bannermen, including Redwyne and Hightower. However, House Lannister, led by Tywin Lannister, who had recently resigned his post as Hand of the King ignored the summons, while House Greyjoy decided to remain neutral throughout the conflict.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Viper View Post
    Everyone except the Targaryens should have an alliance with the Iron Throne at the start of the game. When the Targaryens get an alliance with one of them and attack another the civil war begins.

The only problem with doing things this way is it wouldreally mess up both the diplomatic Ai and faction reputations.

What I will aim for is for a scripted event to occur at the beginning of the game, where the player can choose to declare allegiance to the Iron Throne, to the Targaryens, or to remain neutral.

The North, Vale, Dorne, and Iron Islands can declare for Independence in the same way as in the current 0.53 Enhanced, while Renly and Stannis can only do so if Robert Baratheon is killed.

I have not had a chance to work on this yet, however, so it is up for the players to RP their own actions.
    Last edited by Badger-dude; November 06, 2012 at 06:46 AM.

That's a much better idea, I have no knowledge of scripting so I don't know what's possible. I hope you can get it done. Keep up the good work!

ButtSwag's Avatar Decanus

If you do that, this will be an even better mod!

I have already adjusted the scripting, so I hope you guys look forward to the next release.

megells's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    I have already adjusted the scripting, so I hope you guys look forward to the next release.
    When do you say that'll be?

Probably next week. I am back from holiday next week. I have decided to add a couple of minor houses to the game in the hope of creating a real 'civil war' feeling, especially when playing against the ai.

If you have a slow connection, avoid downloading 0.1 if you have not already. Serious improvements coming in v0.2 :-)

The only problem I am havibg at this stage is implementing the faction symbols. Everytime I change them, half the symbols in the game gain a black square background. After a quick investigation I hear it has something to do with layers and colour filters... Perhaps someine could shed some light?

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Probably next week. I am back from holiday next week. I have decided to add a couple of minor houses to the game in the hope of creating a real 'civil war' feeling, especially when playing against the ai.

If you have a slow connection, avoid downloading 0.1 if you have not already. Serious improvements coming in v0.2 :-)

The only problem I am havibg at this stage is implementing the faction symbols. Everytime I change them, half the symbols in the game gain a black square background. After a quick investigation I hear it has something to do with layers and colour filters... Perhaps someine could shed some light?
    Which Minor houses are you hoping to add? I had a project were I added Hightower and Redwyne to make playing as house Tyrell a bit harder some time ago.
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Bolto, Karstark, and Frey have already been added. I was hopibg to find out which houses elsewhere supported the targs, and adding thise as playable houses. I did think of seperating Redwyne, but don't they have marriage ties with the Tyrells.

In singleplayer, all houses have a percentage chance of breaking with the Iron Thrine and declaribg for Viserys or Dany. Those with previous targ loyalties will have a higher percentage.

megells's Avatar Civis

Bolto, Karstark, and Frey have already been added. I was hopibg to find out which houses elsewhere supported the targs, and adding thise as playable houses. I did think of seperating Redwyne, but don't they have marriage ties with the Tyrells.

In singleplayer, all houses have a percentage chance of breaking with the Iron Thrine and declaribg for Viserys or Dany. Those with previous targ loyalties will have a higher percentage.
    How about Yronwood and give them half of Dorne like in KORAH, this way you can make it so that the Martells are allied with the Targaryens as they should be yet not all of Dorne supports this. In my opinion the more factions (that have a chance of putting up a fight) the better. But they have to make sense. Another one could be Royce and give them all the regions of the Lords Declarant.
    Edit: By the way I disagree with Karstarks being their own faction, if you already have the Boltons then what's the point. Not to mention they're related to the Starks.
    Last edited by megells; November 08, 2012 at 12:12 PM.