Page 17 of 76 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526274267 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [UPDATE - 0.9 STABILITY TEST VERSION RELEASED 12/6/15 ]

Semisalis

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [NEW VERSION 0.6 BETA RELEASED 12/12/2012]

Plus... how? I mean, are you saying that, from a 'RL' perspective, one city would produce more food, crafts, and be more populated than an enormous, populous region of fertile valleys? Or are you saying in-game?
    Take your pick of perspectives, either way it is easy to see how Oldtown can outdo the Vale or Dorne in income. There are at least 400,000 people in Oldtown (since it is of relative size with KL). There are probably more in Oldtown then in either the Vale or Dorne. You keep going back to this "fertile land" thing. I would bet that the Reach is more fertile than the Vale.

Hightower is not a Paramount House. Ergo, while they are certainly powerful, Hightowers shouldn't be expected to match even medium-sized regions such as the Riverlands or the Vale by themselves... not at game start, of course. Once you capture half the Reach, things might change
    Too true. "once you capture the Reach part" being the main point. Hightower should start out with Oldtown, not much else, if you want its power level down.
    Maybe the Tyrells should own one or two more castles instead.

Lord AcidRocker's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [RELEASED SUBMOD] Fire and Blood [NEW VERSION 0.6 BETA RELEASED 12/12/2012]

I would recommend that removing at least one settlement from the Hightowers would be sufficient. Otherwise, the way it is right now would mean that any tyrell/martell/lannister players would have to keep an eye on them as if they were a whole other kingdom (which they are not) not answering to House Tyrell and thereby doing whatever the hell they wanted.

They can obviously do this though but I'm pretty sure lore-wise, the Reach's combined forces would suppress any chance of Hightower wanting more power.

Oh, and im on Hopelessly Hopeless' side on this. The Vale or Dorne would whoop on House Hightower in terms of economy and military strength.

To keep it in perspective, I firmly believe that if Hightower player has more than 2 stacks of troops (not including those garrisoned to keep happiness up), it is unrealistic. Currently, I believe I can field 3 stacks and i haven't passed turn 13.

Ice Eyes's Avatar King of Winter

with house bolton what do they do, whats their goal

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

Hmm got a crash on my Tyrell game when I took the Lannisters last settlement. Also I had at least two generals (Tywin and Garlen) have the Lord of Casterly Rock trait at the same time.

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

I really like the newest edition of the mod! It's really well balanced. Targaryen AI works fine. I like how almost every time the south as a whole declares for Targaryen. Lore-wise the Martells and the Tyrells declaring for them suits well. Only thing is that the Tyrells are severly weakened with the lost of Oldtown and the Arbor. They get crushed by Lannisters, Stormlands, Yronwoods and Martells.
    There is a "banner error" with the Targaryens. In battle they have the same banner as the Baratheons of King's Landing. Im currently in a campaign with Robert and it's very confusing on the battlefield.
    This is an awesome mod. Because of the Targaryens it has a completely different feel than Westeros 0.53. I like it that I have the whole Kingsguard at my disposal with Robert and that a lot of princesses are added. If this is only the 0.6 version I'm very exited for the complete version.
    Thanks for the great and quick work everybody who's involved!

ButtSwag's Avatar Decanus

Is badger dude away? I know he is on a holiday, but is he away from the forums aswell is what I mean, because I have fixed the symbols for him

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by ButtSwag View Post
    Is badger dude away? I know he is on a holiday, but is he away from the forums aswell is what I mean, because I have fixed the symbols for him
    I fear he is having too much fun at his cruise but I'm sure he will connect from time to time

I actually recommend for all those who didn't manage to download the 0.6 to just wait until Badger-Dude comes, and then he will put up some more download links with a more updated version

About Hightower, I think it is obvious that they hold too much of the Reach's strength. I told Badger several times that he should pass over some Hightower castles to Tyrell, but he kept saying that these settlements are "sworn to House Hightower"

I think that in order to fix this problem, you simply need to add a few settlement to Tyrell and give a few Hightower settlements to Tyrell, as I said in this post:
    Quote Originally Posted by uriyaca View Post
    Hmm... more settlements that could be added..
    The Vale: Old Anchor, Wickeden, Bloody Gate, Ironoaks
    Westerlands: Cornfield, Starsfield, Feastfires, Deep Den, Ashemark (as I stated before )
    the Reach: Longtable, Grassy vale, Red Lake (all these to House Tyrell) Bandallon (To House Hightower). Also I say give Honeyholt and Uplands to House Tyrell, Hightower is too powerful in my opinion. Even more then Tyrell, since they have Oldtown... which in my opinion is the coolest city in Westeros
    The Iron Islands: Lordsport (as I stated before), Shatterstone, Blacktyde, Synderly. (You will probably have to expand the isles a bit) I think there should be a castle in every isle, although that in some isles there are more then one... but since Greyjoys are probably the weakest house in the seven kingdoms I think only one castle in every isle. I am not sure if all thse 4 settlements should be added... to keep Greyjoys weak in comparison to other houses, I think either add Lordsport or the 3 other castles.
    Dorne: Vaith, Ghaston Grey (to add Ghaston Grey you must expand the very small isle in the Sea of Dorne) Ghost Hill, (all these to House Martell) Blackmont (to House Yronwood). Also, move Kingsgrave to it's correct location, it is supposed to be in the horizantal pass between Yronwood and Skyreach... see pic. Also, I think that Skyreach should be a settlement of House Yronwood.... just my thought's
    the North: Already added a ton of new settlements, I only think you should add Hornwood to House Bolton, as some members said it's a good idea
    Crownlands, Stormlands and Riverlands have already even more settlements then they should have so no need to add any more there.

I also think that all the really really crappy and small castles you added in the Stormlands should be Motte and Baile's. That is also what I think you should make the small settlements I suggested you should add in the Iron Isles - like Synderly and Shatterstone. Blacktyde is a bit bigger, so make it a wooden castle.
    Also, maybe you can add a mechanism so that Houses whom are vessals of a cerain house - (for example Redwyne to House Tyrell) would agree to be vessals of said faction if it is offered to them by a diplomat.
    Badger, I would quite appreciate it if you added said settlements on your next version

But we could also assume that house Hightower would wield quite a bit of authority. Since they have been nuetral in most wars, if Tyrell were to war wth house Hightower, who is to say that all of the reach would follow? Being one of the eldest, most prestigious and important houses, a lot of people would think twise about fighting them.
    Last edited by ButtSwag; December 15, 2012 at 08:09 AM.

Since Tyrell is hurt economically with the loss of Oldtown and the Arbor, perhaps we could increase their King's Purse a bit.

Technically all of Hightowers existing settlements are bannerman. The Tyrells still can raise 3 full infantry stacks. There really is no problem playing them in single player.

As for hotseats as long as the Tyrell keep a strong connection with its vassals and plan to attack Lannister jointly, then there isn't too much of a problem. Then again if Hightower gets ambition the Tyrells get screwed.

Yeah I agree with that. The Hightowers are anything but ambitious. They are quick to obey, and bend the knee if they are clearly at loss. But if they were to become a little adventurous, they could easily take on the Tyrells in my perspective. That doesn't mean that they would win, however.

After playing as a few different factions, I think that there are WAY too many Crownland settlements.

Quote Originally Posted by ButtSwag View Post
    Yeah I agree with that. The Hightowers are anything but ambitious. They are quick to obey, and bend the knee if they are clearly at loss. But if they were to become a little adventurous, they could easily take on the Tyrells in my perspective. That doesn't mean that they would win, however.
    In a hotseat by no means, but if Tyrell with Tyrell sharing so many borders with strong factions like, Martell/Tronwood, Renly, Robert, Tully, and Lannister, it will be easy to catch them unawares and take Highgarden and Horn Hill. Then it would be close to over for them.

Semisalis

I believe that the Hightowers have an adequate power level for their standing, and that the Tyrells should gain 4 more settlments to balance out their loss. No idea on what the settlments would be though.

Quote Originally Posted by stefan1921 View Post
    Take your pick of perspectives, either way it is easy to see how Oldtown can outdo the Vale or Dorne in income. There are at least 400,000 people in Oldtown (since it is of relative size with KL). There are probably more in Oldtown then in either the Vale or Dorne. You keep going back to this "fertile land" thing. I would bet that the Reach is more fertile than the Vale.
    Wait, you are really saying that, in a medieval setting where most people live in rural areas instead of cities, a 400,000 city would have a lot more people than a Realm the size of, say, current day India or Argentina?

Blasphemy, madness... Sparta

Yes, the Reach is likely more fertile than the Vale; however, fertile regions mean people (lots of it) living off the land and in the (rural) land

@uriyaca

Well, if they are sworn to Hightower, they are sworn to Hightower. Badger would be right here
    Last edited by Hopelessly Hopeless; December 15, 2012 at 10:38 PM.
    "For myself, I would see the White Tree in flower again in the courts of the kings, and the Silver Crown return, and Minas Tirith in peace: Minas Anor again as of old, full of light, high and fair, beautiful as a queen among other queens; not as a mistress of many slaves, nay, not even a kind mistress of willing slaves. War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Númenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise."

Semisalis

Wait, you are really saying that, in a medieval setting where most people live in rural areas instead of cities, a 400,000 city would have a lot more people than a Realm the size of, say, current day India or Argentina?
    Yes, if the the other realm was near that size (according to the mod), far more fertile land, and a massive trade city that was incredibly rich.

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

Well this is the patch for the ones that got the submod and are fighting battles on the battlemap. I removed the Freys/Darrys from the Tully shileds. The same with the Redwynes and Hightowers for the Tyrells. All units should have skins now except for one. The Yronwood knights have silvery horses. I tried to fix the problem but I only hit errors so for now everyone will have to deal with it. Everything else works and looks ok.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ma6gibzxb10c68k
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

I have a question pertaining to Redwyne's UI. I have been changing some buttons and faction symbols but i can't get Redwyne to have their symbol rather than the building construction button for the faction select button. I have changed all factions except Redwyne as it appears to not be working in unison with the others. I know to change the UI and menu files but what slot in particular is Redwyne supposed to hold in the UI shared page and strat page?

Lord AcidRocker's Avatar Senator

Thanks for the patch! +rep

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

I haven't played 0.6 yet embarrassing enough, however im downloading it as we speak and will continue working with the map until Bager-Dude gets back. My priorities are the following:

Vale of Arryn
    Westerlands
    Iron Islands
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."