Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Minor Factions Revenge: Expansion Pack for Empire Total War

Thanks for the explanations. And I am glad that you take into consideration my suggestions.
    If I may sugest another thing. There are some nations that never construct trade ports. I suppose that most players like to trade with as many states as they can. For instance, Georgia and Courland always build shiyards. Norway, when emerges, changes the fishery into a shipyard too.

I usually "help" them by modding the esf file and activate the trade ports wherever I see fit. I also have an idea to activate some universities for Genoa Savoy Hanover Dagestan Courland. I use a pack that extends the research rate x4 in order not to be tempted to finish the game early. Therefore I could trade techs with more nations.
    Another sugestion: there are nations that rarely emerge: Scotland, Ireland, Mamluks, Afganistan, Punjab, Gran Columbia or Quebec. Some other are very soon destroyed like westfalia or Portugal. I would like to play a campaign that stimulates revolts to help these nations emerge and reemerge many times so that AI shouldn't conquer half of Europe in the first 15 years. or even the player. The only way I know to increase revolting is by universities built in those provinces.

I hope I don't sound to imposing by these suggestions by I kind of stuck with your mod and try to unveil more.

Sent from my LG-P690 using Tapatalk 2

agunter999's Avatar Senator

Default Re: MOD Minor Factions Revenge by It@n

These would make this the best etw mod
    Not as good as mine
    Then again my mod is for napoleon

Hey itan! I've been looking at your mod and I really liked how the game's expanded by so much with it (I personally like the late campaign mod). But I've been encountering problems with launching ETW after installing. It installs then when I click "Play" it shows the splashscreen then just before the intro movie starts, it crashes. "Empire Total War has stopped working" Any ideas on what could have caused this?

INFO:
    1. Yes, I checked all the IT_ stuff. I also tried unchecking all the other stuff in the mod manager and leaving IT alone and even checking everything but still doesn't work.

2. After uninstalling your mod, the ETW still crashes around the same time and I had to do an uninstall/re-install to make it work again.

3. All my drivers are updated (new computer heh) and my specs are all above or at recommended levels.

P.S. Question that might be the answer, do you need any DLC for this?

P.P.S. If you noticed this is my 1st post, so yes, I made an acct so that I could solve this problem and enjoy your mod. Hahaha

Have you selected a campaign
    And no you don't need a dlc

I saw it. I downloaded it. I played it and I like it.

Yup I did. I selected the early campaign (4 t/yr)

Did you fully download
    A usual download?

Quote Originally Posted by jks_AsPac View Post
    Hey itan! I've been looking at your mod and I really liked how the game's expanded by so much with it (I personally like the late campaign mod). But I've been encountering problems with launching ETW after installing. It installs then when I click "Play" it shows the splashscreen then just before the intro movie starts, it crashes. "Empire Total War has stopped working" Any ideas on what could have caused this?

INFO:
    1. Yes, I checked all the IT_ stuff. I also tried unchecking all the other stuff in the mod manager and leaving IT alone and even checking everything but still doesn't work.

2. After uninstalling your mod, the ETW still crashes around the same time and I had to do an uninstall/re-install to make it work again.

3. All my drivers are updated (new computer heh) and my specs are all above or at recommended levels.

P.S. Question that might be the answer, do you need any DLC for this?

P.P.S. If you noticed this is my 1st post, so yes, I made an acct so that I could solve this problem and enjoy your mod. Hahaha
    hello, maybe you have some mod that starts automatically (for example, the file pack "movie"), try to move all your mods to another folder, leaving only my mod (those that begin with IT_ ...) and try to see if you can play.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I saw it. I downloaded it. I played it and I like it.
    I'm glad you like it, good game

Icon12 Re: MOD Minor Factions Revenge by It@n

Quote Originally Posted by von_neurath View Post
    Thanks for the explanations. And I am glad that you take into consideration my suggestions.
    If I may sugest another thing. There are some nations that never construct trade ports. I suppose that most players like to trade with as many states as they can. For instance, Georgia and Courland always build shiyards. Norway, when emerges, changes the fishery into a shipyard too.

I usually "help" them by modding the esf file and activate the trade ports wherever I see fit. I also have an idea to activate some universities for Genoa Savoy Hanover Dagestan Courland. I use a pack that extends the research rate x4 in order not to be tempted to finish the game early. Therefore I could trade techs with more nations.
    Another sugestion: there are nations that rarely emerge: Scotland, Ireland, Mamluks, Afganistan, Punjab, Gran Columbia or Quebec. Some other are very soon destroyed like westfalia or Portugal. I would like to play a campaign that stimulates revolts to help these nations emerge and reemerge many times so that AI shouldn't conquer half of Europe in the first 15 years. or even the player. The only way I know to increase revolting is by universities built in those provinces.

I hope I don't sound to imposing by these suggestions by I kind of stuck with your mod and try to unveil more.

Sent from my LG-P690 using Tapatalk 2
    I thank you for the suggestions we now see that you can do, but unfortunately some changes if I can make them

Quote Originally Posted by itan86 View Post
    hello, maybe you have some mod that starts automatically (for example, the file pack "movie"), try to move all your mods to another folder, leaving only my mod (those that begin with IT_ ...) and try to see if you can play.
    actually the only mod I installed right now is yours so I don't see it having any kind of conflict with another mod. Unless I have to uncheck some of the vanilla files? If so, which ones cause there are a lot.

And yes, it was a full download.

I come back with more... questions:

1. I unpacked your mod into a folder outside the game and I manually copied the files from there to the game folder in order to play without your game launcher. I copied the files from itan campaign to global map and the startpos from 2ty to main folder. I chose Modmaager 1.5 and started the game. It crashes when I choose the camaign. my question is must I use your game launcher to play your mod?

2. I reinstall a clear version of the game. I Install your mod. now I want you to confirm that I use the right steps.
    a. click your louncher icon with administartive rights ( I use W7)
    b. select the language
    c. select the campaign
    d. select mod manager and tick all the packs
    e. click on launch from mod manager or do I close mod manager and clkick play from your launcher? Beccause the game starts either way...

3. when I leave the game and want to play again, after a, b do I hit the play button from the launcher? Becasue sometimes the game crashes whem it loads...

Bug

I played Denmark. Among others, one reason I chose your mod is that you gave Denmark Admirality. But if you load a saved game, the game crashes after loading 20% OF THE BAR. I know the bug because I have tried to give extra building slots to Denmark, Louisiana, French Guyana, Savoy or Cuba in vanilla game or other mods, but if one of the modified regions belongs to the player from the beginning, the game crashes if you load a saved game. I checked Husserl thread about his tool and I understand that this bug has something to do with the game that doesn't recognize extra slots, unless you take slots from another city. ALso I noticed that your esf file is 50 mb. The normal size is 64. So I guess you used hybrid to create the esf. But from my very little experience, this type of esf is very unstable...

I encoutered one esf file that is stable with 5 slots Denmark. It belongs to Husserl... But it has also bugs when you want to change Portugal or Mughals in an esf editor...

Quote Originally Posted by jks_AsPac View Post
    actually the only mod I installed right now is yours so I don't see it having any kind of conflict with another mod. Unless I have to uncheck some of the vanilla files? If so, which ones cause there are a lot.

And yes, it was a full download.
    you do that make sure the path is correct, depending on the operating system you use, after which click on "restore" from my launcher, and start etw. So the game should be vanilla, back to windows:

1 - open the launcher
    2 - Select the language
    3 - choose the campaign
    4 - active all my mod (IT_. ..)
    5 - click on play
    (Once you do this, the game can also be started without launcher)

let me know if it works.
    ps when you click on "uninstall" from the launcher my mod is completely erased, then if the game is not to say that the installation folder of the mod is not correct.

Bug

I played Denmark. Among others, one reason I chose your mod is that you gave Denmark Admirality. But if you load a saved game, the game crashes after loading 20% OF THE BAR. I know the bug because I have tried to give extra building slots to Denmark, Louisiana, French Guyana, Savoy or Cuba in vanilla game or other mods, but if one of the modified regions belongs to the player from the beginning, the game crashes if you load a saved game. I checked Husserl thread about his tool and I understand that this bug has something to do with the game that doesn't recognize extra slots, unless you take slots from another city. ALso I noticed that your esf file is 50 mb. The normal size is 64. So I guess you used hybrid to create the esf. But from my very little experience, this type of esf is very unstable...

I encoutered one esf file that is stable with 5 slots Denmark. It belongs to Husserl... But it has also bugs when you want to change Portugal or Mughals in an esf editor...
    It is the file that I used in esf mod is a hybrid, weighs 50 mb because if you notice when you start a campaign with a nation original game there is the presentation by the evil startpos.esf can lead to instability, but i can confirm that you have changed all the detail to prevent this.

It helped that Husserl post new slot is who better knows how to handle it hihihihhi, however, after many tests have never found bugs or crashes for the new slot.

I am attaching this link that explains very well how to do it:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=265339

While here you can find my files modified to implement the slots of some cities are one of the first versions:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...265339&page=19
    Last edited by itan86; January 20, 2013 at 12:23 PM.

I come back with more... questions:

1. I unpacked your mod into a folder outside the game and I manually copied the files from there to the game folder in order to play without your game launcher. I copied the files from itan campaign to global map and the startpos from 2ty to main folder. I chose Modmaager 1.5 and started the game. It crashes when I choose the camaign. my question is must I use your game launcher to play your mod?

2. I reinstall a clear version of the game. I Install your mod. now I want you to confirm that I use the right steps.
    a. click your louncher icon with administartive rights ( I use W7)
    b. select the language
    c. select the campaign
    d. select mod manager and tick all the packs
    e. click on launch from mod manager or do I close mod manager and clkick play from your launcher? Beccause the game starts either way...

3. when I leave the game and want to play again, after a, b do I hit the play button from the launcher? Becasue sometimes the game crashes whem it loads...

The files of the campaign have to be necessarily in the "itan_campaign" and collecati the file "IT_Itan_Campaign.pack" located in the "data" folder. The launcher just need to configure my mod but once you select a language, the country and enabled the mod, the game can be started without launcher clicking empire.exe for example.

The steps are correct:
    1 - open the launcher
    2 - Select the language
    3 - choose the campaign
    5 - click on play
    (Once this is done, the game can be started without launcher or modmanager activated)

Quote Originally Posted by itan86 View Post
    you do that make sure the path is correct, depending on the operating system you use, after which click on "restore" from my launcher, and start etw. So the game should be vanilla, back to windows:

1 - open the launcher
    2 - Select the language
    3 - choose the campaign
    5 - click on play
    (Once you do this, the game can also be started without launcher)

let me know if it works.
    ps when you click on "uninstall" from the launcher my mod is completely erased, then if the game is not to say that the installation folder of the mod is not correct.
    Ok, just did a complete reinstall of Empire: Total War, then re-downloaded your mod. I extracted it to the main root folder, done 2-5 to the letter. It loads then crashes just before the movie. (during the splashscreen) When I entered the mod manager again, an "Unhandled exception" error occurs. It is citing 'IT_Bsm_Wfx.pack' as access denied. I clicked continue and the mods don't show anymore. Whenever I click show pack types and show vanilla conflicts, it's empty. What happened?

Oh now I know the problem there, it wasn't running as admin. It still hangs at the splashscreen though, just before the movie.

I'm sorry, to add, when I restore then uninstall your mod, it suddenly hangs around the same time when it worked before I installed the mod.

Icon7 Re: MOD Minor Factions Revenge by It@n

This update applies to the AI ​​and some graphics:

- Campaign imperial battles and more challenging in higher difficulties.
    - Initial training properly, with the right disposition of the troops.
    - Strategic Map greatly improved.
    - Graphics clearer and sharper for the land and naval battles.
    - Orange for more on the Dutch fleet.
    - AI now preparing for the construction of prestigious buildings.
    - The fishmongers can now have up to a trade route.

Download the 1st post