Thread: The Three Kingdoms

Default The Three Kingdoms

It is awesome to see you doing this Gigantic. This was one of my favorite books ever. I read it twice in two different translations. One was over 1600 pages long and the other was over 2400 pages long. The book had over 700 named characters and lasted over 100 years. The second translation by Robert Morse merged into the period after the Jin fell. Ostensibly the new faction that toppled the Jin traced it's lineage to the Han. You would have no shortage of characters to include. I do wonder what time period it will start in? Or perhaps will it have several starting times?

Yellow Turban Rebellion 184 AD
    Rise of Dong Zhuo - 191 AD
    Liu Bei at Xu province, Lu Bu in Puyang and campaigns against Cao Cao 194/5 AD
    Just before Chi Bi the Wu Shu alliance - 208 AD
    After Liu Bei takes Yi, 214/215 AD
    After the formation of the Three Kingdoms 221 AD

You could probably include many more.
    "It is worth while for those who disdain all human things for money, and who suppose that there is no room either for great honor or virtue, except where wealth is found, to listen to his story."
    - Livy 3.26

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Default Re: The Three Kingdoms

I'm pretty sure it will start around,

Liu Bei at Xu province, Lu Bu in Puyang and campaigns against Cao Cao 194/5 AD

or real close to it.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Yep, winter 194 is the start of the campaign.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

How is the progress of this really good looking mod guys?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Just updated the progress report.

lol! thanks for thinking about my comment for the cavalry units (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...552278&page=11 post 201)
    One of the three, a name split in two, one part is not here, the other is my account name.
    I am the beginning and end of all beings, of all life
    My breath is pure and live giving, Yin and yang were mine.
    The jade emperor was my apprentice, Now i am retired, leaving the rule of the world in his hands.

Who am i?

-Tianzong-

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Just updated the progress report.
    Best of luck to you guys in making this mod alive!
    Looking forward for some chinese battles.. are the armies (unit sizes) gonna be huge?
    Chinese armies count in 100000 etc.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

If you believe the numbers in the histories and stories, the Battle of Chi Bi (Red Cliffs) was fought among, 20,000 troops of Liu Bei, 30,000 Wu troops under Zhao Yu, and 800,000 troops under Cao Cao. This would make it one of the largest battles ever fought. If this battle were added on the historical battles menu it would be pretty lopsided for troop displacement, since the Allies were outnumbered by 16 to 1 or more. It would not be possible unfortunately unless you can add large anchored ships chained together as the battle field where Cao Cao's army would be based.

This is not indicative of Liu Bei at the top of his game. Later he lead a army of about 1 million against Wu. I do wonder if any consideration will be given to the specialized regional troops or specialized faction troops such as those of Meng Huo, where his troops and allies could muster Rattan armor infantry and elephant troops and wild animal packs (perhaps borrow some units from Third Age submod Perilous Creatures and you could add or adjust them to create the various other wild animals besides elephants such as the big cats.), or the Xiliang Horsemen, or the Mariners of the Riverlands (Jing Province under Liu Biao), or the ex pirate troops of Wu (possibly under Gang Ning's command who was a former pirate himself and probably all were river pirates rather than ocean pirates), or the all female bodyguard of Sun Shangxiang, or maybe some kind of elite commando unit for Liu Bei? (Speculation which is implied by the story of expansion he had with which some specialized force very likely would have been what accompanied his generals since 3 of them conquered entire regions with between about 100 and 500 men), or so on?

Will armies be divided by the unprofessional volunteer troops (such as answered He Jin and the Emperor's call to arms in 184?), trained troops, and armored class troops? Perhaps even by fanatics that had joined the Yellow Turbans originally then switched allegiance to warlords like Cao Cao after their leaders were defeated?
    "It is worth while for those who disdain all human things for money, and who suppose that there is no room either for great honor or virtue, except where wealth is found, to listen to his story."
    - Livy 3.26

Indefinitely Banned

This looks amazing I am going to down load it.

OMG This reminds me of the Old Days of Dynasty Warriors . Looks really Nice