Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of Zelda: The King of Thieves [Game Thread]

Askthepizzaguy's Avatar Know the dark side
    Civitate

Default Re: Legend of Zelda: The King of Thieves [Game Thread]

Update:

1) All orders have been copied to my notes from your PMs. (This process takes about 15 minutes.)
    2) Results of actions against other players have been calculated (This process takes a couple hours, due to all the factors involved)
    3) Effects of actions against each player have been resolved (This process takes an hour)
    4) Alignment shifts have been made (This process takes a couple minutes)
    5) Rupee totals have been adjusted (This process takes a few seconds per person)
    6) Results have been double-checked.
    7) Response PMs for certain players' questions were sent. Clarifications made.

After 3 hours of work, this is what remains:

8) Result PMs sent to all 33 players. This process will take at least 1 hour.
    9) The public writeup needs to be posted to advance the round. This will take 20 minutes.

I need to take a break, apologies for the delay. Do not wait up for me to finish. I promise I'm not abandoning yall but I can't do 5 hours in one sitting these days.

Also note: This process takes a bit longer since it is the first Night Phase and most people are alive.
    As players die off, and I get better at this process, the time involved will reduce. I needed to come up with whole new systems of doing all of this.

Please be patient, this is probably the worst night in the entire game for me to host due to all of these factors.

Be back later, taking a break. Don't wait up.

Game thread open since I can't finish the process right this moment.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

You really need to simplify this, Pizzaman.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

You could code something in VB as a system for working out luck and stuff, but that's probably a better suggestion for next time, as that takes time.
    YOU CANNOT DEFEAT THE GLORY OF THE AUSTRALIAN EMPIRE!!!
    Ninjas! BOOM! You are dead!!!
    I like Mafia! Play it at the CFC! (And the Org)
    If you want to invite me to something I would appreciate it if you did it via my CFC one rather than this one.
    Also, if this signature is too big, tell me, then I will fix.

Civitate

Yeah. Well I knew it would be a beast to host when I designed it. This process won't take quite as long in the coming rounds.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaCow64 View Post
    You could code something in VB as a system for working out luck and stuff, but that's probably a better suggestion for next time, as that takes time.
    Actually the whole Luck process takes about 3 seconds of referencing per person, as that work is already completed.

What takes 95% of the time is making sure, for each person, all effects in the game are applied to the appropriate people, every action directed against every person is calculated, and all actions sent by each player are calculated.

So for every player, there can be effects, 2 outgoing actions, and any number of incoming actions, depending on who gets targeted.

I then need to show what the summary of those results are for each person while keeping a running tally of their current items and rupees and alignment.

There is no simple way of doing this. Right now the process is:

1) Make a list of players, and write down what their stated actions are.
    2) Make another list of players, and write down what actions are being used against them.
    3) Calculate the results of outgoing actions, record.
    4) Record to each person what the results of incoming actions are for them.
    5) Ensure that I maintain the master list which contains the current status of all players.

In other words, this is Dark Falls all over again. There's no quick way of doing it, no simpler way I can think of. However, I'll be putting my thoughts into what can be streamlined, and I estimate I can save an hour worth of time simply having the experience of doing this, and being prepared for it next time, and seeing if there aren't certain hosting duties I can do simultaneously, so I don't have to go back over the list of players repeatedly. That way I can finish with each player one at a time, instead of having each player be halfway finished and then having to return to each one.

There's gonna be ways to save time, but ultimately this is an RPG game hosted by one dude. Won't be simple no matter what I do. And I also won't be doing a redesign. I'd have to toss out all the items in the game to make it less complicated and that completely changes the point of things.

No, I'll just have to streamline and get better at it. Be prepared for Night 2, based on what I know from Night 1.

Just bear with me, folks. Patience is a virtue.

That'll be good.

Civitate

I also note I'm on Vacation with Diana.

There's only so much time I can spend on the computer at once. When I get back home, the 4.5 hours will be reduced to maybe 3 or so, and I'll be able to do it in one sitting without having to worry about abandoning my sweetie pie. That will vastly reduce the amount of wait time you'll be forced to endure.

And, I'll likely calculate the results of actions halfway through the night, so half of the work will be done. Then I'll go over anything that may have changed by the second day of the night phase. That alone should cut the wait time by a third. Best idea I've had so far.

So, like I said, it'll get better. Many thanks to everyone for bearing with me on this.

Civitate

Okay back from my break. Will send out night action results and current status now.

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    I also note I'm on Vacation with Diana.
    Wait, are you two together?

Wow, not only am I terrible with keeping up with romantic relationships IRL, but on the internet as well.
    If you want to invite me to something I would appreciate it if you did it via my CFC one rather than this one.

Civitate

All night action result PMs have been sent out. Writeup in progress.

Civitate

End of
    The First Night

A lone figure wandered alone in the Forest, and was surprised when he was surrounded by a very large group of bandits cloaked in darkness.

Within seconds, it was a free-for all. The bandits surrounded and began attacking the lone figure. Although the figure was strong enough to shrug off direct attacks, soon enough, his bag full of goodies was separated from him.

The bandits chased each other and began tearing the bag to pieces. Rupees went flying everywhere, and the figures began snatching them up.

Soon, he found that even his precious items had been taken from him, and even the item most precious to him.

A single tear rolled down his cheek....

What a horrible night....

He felt very alone.

The soldier stood silent guard in front of the castle. Nobody ever seemed to notice him.

Until now.

A lone figure approached, cloaked in darkness, with glowing red eyes.

"Halt! What business do you have in the Castle?"

"....."

"I'm afraid I cannot let you pass through here, whoever you are. Turn around and go back from whence you came, traveler."

"....."

The lone figure said nothing, but raised a hand. From this hand, began to glow a bright white light, which rapidly turned to purple, and then hollow blackness.

The lone figure fired an Orb of Darkness at the soldier, whose weaponry was in no way capable of turning back its unstoppable power.

The soldier was instantly obliterated.

HereticSeon was Shiro, the Soldier!

Another figure was waiting for someone in Hyrule field, hiding in the bushes. From this spot, he could see his target if they were to move past, as they always did.

But, while he was vigilantly watching for this other person, a group of four cloaked figures sneaked up behind him and ambushed him.

The small figure was nimble, and able to dodge several of their attacks. It seemed some of them were not at all used to, nor suited for, fighting. But, at least a couple of them performed more competently.

Eventually, the small figure was bludgeoned and stabbed, and finally, in an impressive display of power, ripped off of the ground and hurled into a boulder, which was shattered from the blow.

The small figure could not survive the wounds, and dropped to the ground, dead.

An item was stolen from his knapsack.

When the figures left the scene, a small, glowing fairy appeared, and sprinkled fairy dust onto the fallen kid.

Within seconds, the wounds were miraculously healed!

The fairy flew off into the night, her duty performed and her freedom attained.

cpdwane was slain, but revived by a Bottled Fairy!

Living Players: [31/33]

1. Agamemnon
    2. autolycus
    3. Biggieboy
    4. Cahoma
    5. Captain Blackadder
    6. Chaotix27
    7. choxorn
    8. classical_hero
    9. cpdwane
    10. Double A
    11. edse
    12. God Emperor
    13. Gone 2 the Celts
    14. Ironside II
    15. Jarema
    16. Kennigit
    17. Krill
    18. LazyMcCrow
    19. Luke Vader [aka Primo]
    20. Lyra
    21. Mat93
    22. Ninjacow64
    23. Rebel Jeb
    24. robbiecon
    25. topsecret
    26. Tiaexz
    27. Treva, the Renewer
    28. Visorslash
    29. White_Eyes
    30. Xenoneb
    31. Zaccino

Deceased Players: [2/33]

1. The Mysterious F - Gorman
    2. HereticSeon- Shiro, the Soldier

Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; November 14, 2012 at 02:16 AM.

Civitate

Dawn of
    The Second Day

-48 hours until end of round-

Day Two Instructions:

• You may vote to lynch someone, or vote to end the game.
    • Vote to end the game must be unanimous for the Neutral Team to be victorious.
    • You may also use this time to discuss publicly or privately what kinds of actions you might take tonight.
    • You may use this time to ask me whatever questions you wish, publicly or privately.
    • Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions list
    • Note: I've decided to give people a full 48 hours for Day Phases, to ensure folks have a chance to vote. Round ends Friday the 16th at 3:00 AM Eastern Time USA.

Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; November 14, 2012 at 02:25 AM.

vote: Edse to start the flow

And curse on all petty thieves who separated me and my two items!

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaCow64 View Post
    Here at Ninja's Eviltastic Operations, we are offering 5 rupees to anyone who will help me kill some people! But wait, there's more! A successful vigilante attack nets you 6 rupees indepentdently, so that's 11 rupees per night! Wow!

And if you do it tonight, you will be immune from being killed by us tonight, which is a HUGE bonus! And you will also make your first steps of becoming part of the trusted evil family, which will support you in every way possible!
    NinjaCow64 has publicly admitted that he is a killer. There is no room for doubt that all of us are better of if we kill him today!

Vote: NinjaCow64

edse's Avatar Domesticus

Vote: NinjaCow64 there are a few evil persons around, he is most likely one of them.

sounds good. unvote; vote: Ninjacow

vote: Ninjacow64

Lazy McCrow's Avatar Foederatus

vote: Jarema Why did you switch from edse to the Ninjacow? What was stolen from you? (If you stole Jarema's item - feel free to answer!)

I am good with vote: Ninjacow. It is in everyone's interest to minimize the amount of evil people in the game and Ninjacow has declared an intent to go evil.
    My NOTW on CFC needs more people:
    Return of the Baron!!

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    NinjaCow64 has publicly admitted that he is a killer. There is no room for doubt that all of us are better of if we kill him today!

Vote: NinjaCow64
    Firstly, I must say it is really trippy going from reading Naurto to seeing a guy with a Naurto based...everything.

Secondly, would you rather everyone be better off, or yourself to be better off? Remember kids, if you are staying Neutral, you don't care about anything but getting Rupees. So, what would you say to five additional Rupees in your pocket? In fact, I say that the first twelve people voting for Primo instead of me will get 5 rupees as a bribe. Sounds tasty, doesn't it?

So, it's up to you. You can vote for Primo and get cash. Or you can vote for me and get...nothing. It's up to you.