Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of Zelda: The King of Thieves [Game Thread]

Askthepizzaguy's Avatar Know the dark side
    Civitate

Default Re: Legend of Zelda: The King of Thieves [Game Thread]

Night One Instructions:

• You may perform one individual (single) action
    • AND you may perform one group action.
    • AND you may bribe someone if you wish. [optional] Maximum 10 rupees per person per bribe. [Send me and that person a PM, they must accept and make the attempt to collect.]

INDIVIDUAL ACTIONS- CHOOSE ONLY ONE.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Send in an order to sleep: Deliberately do nothing. [+3 rupees, once per night phase]
    Send in an order to guard your own items+rupees: Provides some protection against theft. [+1 rupees]
    Send in an order to steal someone's rupees: Action must be successful, [Steals between 1 and 20 rupees from the target, per Luck]
    Send in an order to steal someone's item: Action must be successful, [Steals an item from the target, determined by your Luck]
    Use an item-based action on a target: [+2 rupees, does the requested action.]

GROUP ACTIONS- CHOOSE ONLY ONE.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Send in a group order to guard a target's items and rupees: Provides more protection against theft. [+4 rupees]
    Send in a group order to kill a target: Action must be successful in order to gain [+6 rupees]
    Send in a group order to protect a target from attack: Action must be successful to gain [+6 rupees] Note: Target doesn't need to be attacked. It is possible to break through protection via an item.
    Send in a group order to steal rupees from target: Action must be successful. [Luck divided by 2, steals rupees from the target, minimum 2 rupees stolen if successful]
    Send in a group order to steal someone's item, and give it to player X:Action must be successful. [+4 rupees]

Remember, you can do one individual action AND one group action.

Group actions must have matching orders (everyone must send in an order, the orders must match in terms of who is involved in the group, who is being targeted, and what you're doing.)

Start of
    The First Night

-48 hours until end of round-

Round will end Tuesday the 13th at 6:00 PM Eastern Time USA
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; November 11, 2012 at 06:42 PM.

Civitate

If you're not sure of what to do here, feel free to ask me questions via PM.

Don't be lost, be inquisitive!

Also, if you voted today, you earned +3 rupees!
    If you failed to vote today, you incurred a -2 rupee penalty!

Zaccino's Avatar Senator

Why is there a picture of a creepy bowling ball?

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Jarema View Post
    we need leading candidate or two.
    unvote; vote: The Mysterious F (first on a ATPG's tally)
    This is a very silly thing. Do not do silly things.
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaCow64 View Post
    Hello everyone!

Do you like rupees? Of course you do! But where you wondering a fun and easy way to obtain those rupees? Well your train has arrived!

Here at Ninja's Eviltastic Operations, we are offering 5 rupees to anyone who will help me kill some people! But wait, there's more! A successful vigilante attack nets you 6 rupees indepentdently, so that's 11 rupees per night! Wow!

And if you do it tonight, you will be immune from being killed by us tonight, which is a HUGE bonus! And you will also make your first steps of becoming part of the trusted evil family, which will support you in every way possible!

So if you're short on rupees, or you just want to get closer to the top of the evil corporate ladder, give me a PM today!
    How good! It's almost like a CIA ad, NinjaCow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaccino View Post
    Why is there a picture of a creepy bowling ball?
    It is looking more like a golf ball to me, yaar.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

someone wants to form a group? please contact me and 'recruit' me. I have not much time for organizing stuff, but I will gladly help someone

the mysterious F's Avatar Vicarius

I'm gonna haunt the out of you for killing me

Well you shouldn't be so mysterious.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Treva, the Renewer View Post
    Well you shouldn't be so mysterious.
    Punchline rating: 2/10

Wouldn't use.

Gone 2 the Celts's Avatar Primicerius

Whoops, didn't know the game had started.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip Bohannon View Post
    I'm actually quite fond of Egyptian mythology. I'm quite fond of anything with golden penises, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Vader View Post
    Punchline rating: 2/10

Wouldn't use.
    Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gone 2 the Celts View Post
    Whoops, didn't know the game had started.
    I find your lack of attention… disturbing.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Civitate

Bit of Unsolicited Friendly Advice to All:

Instead of a FAQ, this is more of a UFAA.

1) I'm having trouble finding other people to do group night actions with!

A) Post in-thread that you would like to help someone else do an action. If you wish, make it conditional that they help you do an action the next night, so you both get what you want and the partnership is equal. Or, don't attach such a condition if you're desperate.
    B) Privately contact people that have similarly posted they want to do night actions. Or, PM a random group of people and see if anyone nibbles.
    C) Remember it takes time to set up these sorts of groups. Best is to plan ahead and begin forming such groups in the day phase, to give yourself time to discuss who and what you're doing and with whom.

2) I don't know what to do and everyone else seems to be taken...

A) Focus on your individual action. Do whichever one of those suits your interest. You're an aggressive sort, try stealing rupees. If you do that and get lucky, this action spammed over and over, can win the game for you. However, if you prefer to play defensively, you can "protect your rupees and items" over and over. If you seriously have no idea what you want to do, send in a sleep action. You get rupees for that, they're safe, they don't upset anyone else, and they don't affect your win condition other than advancing it.
    B) Once your individual action is out of the way, you're done the minimum that you need to do to really have a shot at winning the game. Then you can focus on group activities if you wish. See the previously numbered bit of advice.

3) I'm not sure what my goals are, other than rupees.

A) Acquiring items will help power up your character. The more items you have, the less likely a certain favorite item of yours will be stolen. So having a useless item in your inventory helps reduce the odds that someone steals your useful item. That's a consequence of only being able to steal one item at a time per action, and the results of that theft being luck-based. Improve your odds. Even a useless item is, therefore, useful.
    B) If an item is useless it needs to be combined with another item. Try finding its companion pieces. They will automatically fit together when you have both. You don't even need to do anything except hold two or more combinable pieces and they will combine.
    C) Even if you don't feel committal, going True Neutral gives you a bonus to your rupee steal actions. Therefore it keeps your options open, gives you a bonus, and no penalty other than restricting which actions you should choose to continue being true Neutral. Powering up your character by being True Neutral or Good or Evil is one path to improving your winning position. Give yourself an advantage over simply being an inactive basic neutral. True Neutral is an improvement over Neutral, and allows all your options.
    D) Ensure that your standing improves... being bribed to do an action you'd otherwise do for free is a wise business decision, for example. It's a clear improvement over not being bribed to do it.
    E) It might take time for you to acclimate and find your groove. Just ensure you're doing your minimums (voting and sending in any action to avoid being penalized) so that your standing at least does not drop significantly. Avoid falling behind if you can avoid it! Don't be penalized!

4) Don't be shy about re-reading the rules or the FAQ.

A) A lot of your questions are already answered there. And could give you a better understanding of the game, how it works, and what others might be doing to defeat you. If you have an idea of how others are trying to make you lose, then come up with a counter-strategy. And re-reading could give you ideas on how to proceed and be victorious.

Yeah, tl;dr: when in doubt, attack people at random.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Double A's Avatar person man

I can't believe my post didn't show up. TWC was crapping out on me a few days ago but I didn't think much of it, even after I hit post and the page was still loading. Normally it just means I have to refresh for it to show up instead of just wait.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Captain Blackadder's Avatar A bastion of sanity

If anyone wants another member of a group contact me please.
    Patronised by happyho
    Patron of Thoragoros, Chilon
    Member of the Legion of Rahl

If you want/need another group member, contact me please.

Civitate

Nice.

Glad to see we're getting closer to full participation in the game, and that our newer players are acclimating quite well. I just want to say as a game host I took a large gamble hosting here, as we've had problems getting players and having them play in the past.

You are giving me hope that we will indeed have a fun time, and that means I will host this game with the passion and vigor it deserves.

Lazy McCrow's Avatar Foederatus

Oo rah! (and available for Group actions)

looking to join or form group of at least 3. peace yo.

Civitate

Okay! As promised, this round ends at 6:00 PM, in three minutes.

This game is complicated as you all know, moreso than a typical vanilla game by a factor of... well... about a quarter of what Dark Falls was.

(That's the game that took 30 hours a week to host)

So, please be patient as I record all your actions, determine the outcome of your actions, lock the game thread, and send out result PMs, then post the writeup and re-open the game thread.

I have not done this before for this game, will try to do it in one sitting, and I don't know how long it will take. Maybe an hour or so. Maybe longer.

Fingers crossed I didn't overdesign it.

Rebel Jeb's Avatar Mayo

Been super busy with classes. I'll catch up soon.