Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435

Thread: Legend of Zelda: The King of Thieves [Game Thread]

Askthepizzaguy's Avatar Know the dark side
    Civitate

Default Re: Legend of Zelda: The King of Thieves [Game Thread]

Unfortunately that won't be necessary.

With a heavy heart and more than several buckets full of regret, I must sadly announce that this game is at an untimely end.

Today we ended up terminating several employees, and one didn't show up, and another's car is broke down, and it turns out in a month or so, we're losing not one but two managers. We are already severely understaffed.

I was expecting my schedule to return to some semblance of normalcy after the manager vacations ended. It has not, and will not for the foreseeable future.

This stings particularly hard given how much depth went into this game.

I will give this a fitting "burial" so to speak, by doing a post-game reveal, commentary, and showing what happened every night and the overall direction the game took.

I will also declare an overall winner, because even though the game ended prematurely, some folks are either very close to a win condition or have already achieved it by being the wealthiest person at game end.

My regret is that the contest ended prematurely, giving some folks no chance to catch up.

Please do not reveal any spoilers until after I have done my postgame. Please also accept my sincerest apologies for failing in my hosting duties for the first (and hopefully last time) in five years. There is literally nothing I can do about this and its eating me up.

So sorry.

Civitate

Whoever is next in line to host a mafia game may do so.

Double A's Avatar person man

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    There is literally nothing I can do about this and its eating me up.
    I can't see how this could possibly your fault, if it's any consolation.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Civitate

Doesn't matter. I made a commitment to host this game and in spite of some dropouts and time difficulties I had intended to finish, for those who wanted to see it finish.

Not being able to meet my commitments is not something I am used to and I never intend to get used to it. I also really wanted to see how this ended and how you folks would have continued.

This game's story is only just beginning to be told, and there was a lot of behind the scenes action that made it all the more rewarding to host. Some of you put a lot of thought into your decisions and it's usually reflected in your scores.

Others suffered some bad luck but were in a great position to make a comeback. Some people were finally settling into good and evil sides, and one player went completely evil already, not to mention doing extremely well.

I can't wait to tell your stories and show that this game was only just beginning to be an epic battle. If I had just hosted this a few months sooner than I did, we would have experienced something together akin to Dark Falls.

Alas it is not to be this time.

However, should there come a day when I can once again attempt a game like this, I may do a reload, and tweak it a bit to make it simpler to host. Even after the spoilers are revealed, the game concept is replayable.

Nothing would be lost if I reloaded the game and repeated it another time. And it might play a bit better than the first time. But I don't want to think about that until it becomes something feasible.

Thanks for playing, those that signed up and actually played. You deserved better.

Double A's Avatar person man

I'm completely willing to wait for you to restart this at some time that's better for you. It's not a big deal to me, your livelihood has to come first.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Civitate

I am sure but this group may not all still be here or interested or will remember what had happened months from now. It's just better to give it a proper burial and relaunch maybe next year or something.

1. I feel sympathy toward your situation, and no bad feelings about you not fulfilling your commitment or something like that
    2. OTOH, I am rather glad (from my individual perspective) that this game ends. I was not feeling any emotional involvement (mostly because of long breaks together with me being busy in RL and hosting), so if this game would be played futher, I would play only because of feelig of obligation toward other players and host who is trying so hard
    3. if this game (or similar) would be relaunched, I will probably sign in

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Maybe someone could step up and host for you? Kill their character in order for them to become the GM?
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

I vote The "Hug" Item to ATPG.
    Signature Kidnapped by Ninjas
    Need $ 4 Karate Lessons

Zaccino's Avatar Senator

Sorry I dropped out, I was having computer problems at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarema View Post
    1. I feel sympathy toward your situation, and no bad feelings about you not fulfilling your commitment or something like that
    Seconded.

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Jarema View Post
    2. OTOH, I am rather glad (from my individual perspective) that this game ends. I was not feeling any emotional involvement (mostly because of long breaks together with me being busy in RL and hosting), so if this game would be played futher, I would play only because of feelig of obligation toward other players and host who is trying so hard
    Agree with 1 and 3 (pending time issues).
    I would still be playing if it was relaunched, but that is a non issue at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Choxorn View Post
    I vote The "Hug" Item to ATPG.
    Agreed.

Hug: Askthepizzaguy
    YOU CANNOT DEFEAT THE GLORY OF THE AUSTRALIAN EMPIRE!!!
    Ninjas! BOOM! You are dead!!!
    I like Mafia! Play it at the CFC! (And the Org)
    If you want to invite me to something I would appreciate it if you did it via my CFC one rather than this one.
    Also, if this signature is too big, tell me, then I will fix.

There is literally nothing I can do about this and its eating me up.
    I definitely know how that feels. All the best, Pizza.

Praeses

Hey Pizzaguy, I would love to see the spoilers when you have time?

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

btw who stole my eleven rupees and left me a reputation with a comment?
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Hug with a little bit of a poke about postgame: Atpg.
    My NOTW on CFC needs more people:
    Return of the Baron!!