Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Zelda: The King of Thieves [Signups closed]

Askthepizzaguy's Avatar Know the dark side
    Civitate

Default Re: The Legend of Zelda: The King of Thieves [Sign-ups]

The game is set in a time roughly analogous to Ocarina of Time, in a hypothetical setting and timeline where the people from Termina lived in Kakariko village and there was a clock tower there similar to the one in Clock Town.

Essentially an alternate universe with the same characters, very similar setting, and before Ganondorf becomes Ganon and before Majora's Mask comes to the Skull Kid's possession.

Basically, before all the villains really arrive. And before heroes became heroes. In short: A fantasy blending of the two games and settings. Not significantly before or after.

Similar to Wideyedwanderer's Zelda mafia game here.

Zaccino's Avatar Senator

I've only played a tiny amount of Ocarina of Time; what exactly does "Ganondorf turning into Ganon" mean? Something with a Triforce?

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Zaccino View Post
    I've only played a tiny amount of Ocarina of Time; what exactly does "Ganondorf turning into Ganon" mean? Something with a Triforce?
    To answer your question and maybe others that people have, here's a Rough timeline of Ocarina of Time:

SPOILER ALERT
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    1. Link begins game as a young kokiri child and must earn a sword and shield.
    2. Link defeats the evil within the Great Deku Tree (first temple)
    3. Link travels to Hyrule Castle, meets Zelda, who informs him that the King's most trusted adviser, Ganondorf, appears to be an evil man who is after something important. Sends Link on a quest to recover the sacred stones, which Link already has one of them.
    4. Link travels to Death Mountain and Dodongo's cavern and defeats King Dodongo, rescuing the Gorons, earning himself a sacred stone.
    5. Link travels to the Zora Kingdom and defeats the evil within Lord Jabu-Jabu, rescues Princess Ruto, who gives him a sacred stone as an engagement ring. Whether Link wants to marry her or not.
    6. Link returns to Hyrule Castle, where Zelda escapes from Ganondorf and tosses Link the Ocarina of Time, one of the keys to the sacred realm.
    7. Link uses the Ocarina and the three sacred gems to open the Door of Time and lifts the Master Sword, signifying that he is the "Hero of Time" of legend. However, he's too young to be the hero of time, and he is kept in stasis for seven years until he matures. Ganondorf follows him into the sacred realm and takes the Triforce for himself, thanking Link for unwittingly doing all his work for him.

8. Link must obtain the 6 medallions in the future/dark world, defeating the monster guardians within 5 temples. This frees the other five sages (the sixth of which gives Link a medallion for free)
    9. Link goes up to Hyrule castle to find it replaced by a floating citadel over a volcanic lake. The Six Sages and Zelda form a magic bridge to allow Link to enter.
    10. Link climbs the tower and battles Ganondorf at the top. He is in possession of the Triforce of Power, and is thus, nigh-unkillable and insanely powerful.
    11. Link mortally wounds Ganondorf using powerful magic arrows and the Bane of Evil, the Master Sword.
    12. Ganondorf uses the power of the Triforce to wish his citadel will collapse on Link, killing Link and himself in the process.
    13. Link and Zelda flee the collapsing tower and escape the castle just before it crushes them.
    14. In the ruins, Ganondorf emerges from underneath the stone, his body broken. But the power of the Triforce allows him to transform his body into a much more powerful, immortal form: the monster known as Ganon.

15. Link battles Ganon without use of the Master Sword, as Ganon deflects it away.
    16. Link wounds Ganon enough for Princess Zelda to "hold" him with a powerful magic spell.
    17. Link shoves the Master Sword into Ganon's face, which causes the creature to lose its concentration and flail in pain.
    18. Zelda and the other Six Sages are then able to break through Ganon's magic, and send him to the Sacred Realm to imprison him (since he's still in possession of the Triforce of Power and is immortal, but he cannot harm anyone there, and his magic is too weak to release him)
    19. Link restores the Master Sword to the pedestal of Time.
    20. Link definitely does not get any sexy sex from Zelda, because she's a total ice queen. Possibly a Lesbodian.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; October 26, 2012 at 09:43 PM.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Hmmmm. Erich Ludendorff could resurrect as Luden…

as for thieving in vidjamagames, I remember the 'mild penalty' you got in Icewind Dale…
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Double A's Avatar person man

Well, when he sticks the sword back in the actual pedastal, everyone de-ages by 7 years, so I doubt that Zelda and Link even knew what sex was.

Though that's no excuse for her coldness in pretty much every other game.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Civitate

Look, basically the entire game involves Link sliding his sword out of the pedestal of time, and sticking it back in,

He does this for two reasons: in order to become a man, and make time seem like it is standing still.

Over and over and over again.

The pedestal of time is therefore a more warm and receptive partner for Link than Zelda is.

And need I point out: The pedestal of time is massive, weighs a ton, doesn't move, and is cold to the touch.

Link never once gets to stick his sword in Zelda's sheath. But he made that pedestal his lady, that's for sure.

Civitate

We're nearly halfway (19) to the pie-in-the-sky goal of 40 players.

C'mon folks. 30 players will make for an interesting game. 40 players would be divine.

20 players will absolutely limit the fun factor. If we can get just 10 more people... you'll have a real game on your hands.

I've still got about 40 unread invites out there and a bunch of read invites with no responses. Well, here's hoping we get more interest.

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Double entendrès galore...

More reason to signup. More characters, more double entendrès.

'Galore' originally meant 'enough'. There's nto enough double entendrès.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!

I'm in

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Krill View Post
    I'm in
    Welcome Krill!

This will be his first game at TWC of course, but it's the same Krill we know and love from Capo and CFC.

That puts us at 20. Who else will join this game!?

Double A's Avatar person man

Can I join twice?

Also, aren't Saria and Malon a bit more interested in Link? Certainly seems so.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

the mysterious F's Avatar Vicarius

I can join. In

Biggieboy's Avatar Campidoctor

count me in as well
    Look not above, there is no answer there; Pray not, for no one listens to your prayer; Near is as near to God as any Far, And Here is just the same deceit as There.

And do you think that unto such as you; A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew: God gave the secret, and denied it me?-- Well, well, what matters it! Believe that, too.

"Did God set grapes a-growing, do you think, And at the same time make it sin to drink? Give thanks to Him who foreordained it thus-- Surely He loves to hear the glasses clink!" Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    Can I join twice?

Also, aren't Saria and Malon a bit more interested in Link? Certainly seems so.
    I can call on my good RL friends Takhisis from CFC and El Barto from the .org, I'm sure they'd love to join.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Zaccino's Avatar Senator

Pizza, a lot of people with accounts here don't visit this site very often. For example, I see you invited choxorn, but the last time he logged on to TWC was September 10, and he has thus not seen your invite.

Stop stalking choxorn, man.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Civitate

Noted.

Folks who didn't read their PM will be re-sent a PM elsewhere.

I may be in, if knowledge about setting is not esential.
    I have no idea what Zelda is, and why there is a legend about it.