Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Zelda: The King of Thieves [Signups closed]

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: The Legend of Zelda: The King of Thieves [Sign-ups]

I see.

Zaccino's Avatar Senator

There could be a Ganon and a Ganondorf? A Zelda and a Shiek?

So four different players could be two people?

Askthepizzaguy's Avatar Know the dark side
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Treva, the Renewer View Post
    It's OK; I was never a Zelda fan, so I'll be clueless anyway.
    In-Universe, these are the Main Characters:

Link- Hero of Time. Hylian male. Single most badass dude in all the land, on the side of good.
    Zelda- Hylian Princess of Hyrule, Link has to save her most of the time. She's powerful and wise. Good.
    Ganondorf- King of the Gerudo, a desert-dwelling band of thieves. Powerful in strength and magic. The Big Bad Guy.

These characters have been there from the beginning.

Rauru - Sage of Light. Hylian male.
    Saria - Sage of Forest. Kokiri female.
    Ruto - Sage of Water. Zora female.
    Impa - Sage of Shadow. Shiekah female.
    Darunia - Sage of Fire. Goron male.
    Nabooru - Sage of Spirit. Gerudo female.

These are the Six Sages. These are somewhat powerful magic users and keepers of the sacred realm. From the Ocarina of Time game.

Anju- Female Hylian from Termina. Lover of Kafei.
    Kafei- Male Hylian from Termina. Lover of Anju.

These characters are from a sidequest Link undertakes in Majora's Mask.

Mido- Kokiri male child. Leader of the Lost Woods children. Sort of an ignorant bully, but still on the side of good. (Ocarina of Time)

Skull Kid- A child of a peculiar race. Likes to steal things. Was once in possession of Majora's mask, a powerful object possessed by an evil entity. This turned him into a big time villain, when he was just a mischievous kid before. (Majora's Mask)

Koume and Kotake- Female Gerudo conjurors and potion-makers. Normally seen together. Once served Ganondorf as the keepers of the Spirit Temple, and were evil then. However, they have been seen in less malevolent roles in recurring appearances. (Ocarina of Time)

Dampe- The gravedigger in Kakariko village. Hylian male. Dies and becomes a kindly spirit. (Ocarina of Time)

Biggoron- A really, really huge Goron. Forger of very strong swords. He likes to hang around on Death Mountain. (Ocarina of Time)

King Zora XVI- King of the Zoras. Father of Princess Ruto, who is a Sage. (Ocarina of Time)

Mutoh- The leader of the Carpenters, who build the platform to the Clocktower during the Festival of Time. Doesn't want to evacuate the town. Brave and stubborn Hylian male. (Majora's Mask)

Gorman- Leader of the Gorman Troupe, a traveling group of performers scheduled to perform during the Festival of Time. He likes to drown his sorrows with milk at the Milk bar. Hylian male. (Majora's Mask)

Swordsman- Wise and brave master of the swordsman's school. Can teach Link how to perfect his sword technique. Is not afraid of the Moon, and will cut it into a thousand pieces with his sword. Or pee himself in terror. One of those two. Hylian male. (Majora's Mask)

Happy Mask Salesman- Keeper and trader of masks. Was the owner of Majora's Mask until it was stolen by the Skull Kid. Only he seems to be able to possess the mask without deleterious effects. Hylian male. (Majora's Mask)

Guru-Guru- a traveling musician who has major mood swings and likes windmills. Hylian male. He might be completely insane. (Ocarina of Time)

Tingle- A fairy boy who grew up without a fairy. He's 35 now and still acts like a child. He's kind of a creepy, annoying figure. Like Michael Jackson. Kokiri male. Don't touch Tingle or steal his magic words. (Ocarina of Time)

Sakon the Thief- likes to prance around during the day and steal things at night. He's a professional thief with a very secure hideout. Hylian male. (Majora's Mask)

Shikashi- An astronomer and scientist. Watches the moon fall and conducts scientific experiments. Hylian male. (Majora's Mask)

Postman- Runs around Hyrule very quickly, to deliver all the mail. He absolutely must be on schedule! (Majora's Mask)

Bomber Jim- member of the Bombers Secret Society of Justice. They're a gang of Hylian youths who fight for justice. Or they just do good deeds. Or just they hang around blowing spitballs at balloons. One of those three. (Majora's Mask)

Captain Viscen
    - Captain of the Hylian soldiers. Male. Wants to evacuate Clock Town before the Moon crushes it. (Majora's Mask)

Shiro the Soldier-
    Hylian soldier that no one seems to notice. Why can't they see him? Hylian Male. (Majora's Mask)

Honey and Darling
    - They own several shops where you can play mini-games. They are obsessed with each other. Hylian male and female. (Ocarina of Time)

Navi- Hey! Listen! It's your fairy companion that won't go away, ever. Female fairy. (Ocarina of Time)

Tatl- Rude, insulting, and spirited fairy companion that begrudgingly joins Link against her friend, the Skull Kid. Sister of Tael. Female fairy. (Majora's Mask)

Tael- Companion of the Skull kid. Male fairy. Brother of Tatl. Decides to turn against him when the world is at stake. (Majora's Mask)

Ghost Hunter
    - Mysterious stranger who wants to collect souls.... Unknown race. (Ocarina of Time)

Aveil- Leader of the Gerudo while Ganondorf and Nabooru are away. Gerudo Female. Impressed by Link's abilities to sneak past her guards. (Ocarina of Time)

Cremia- Older sister of Romani, one of the owners of Romani Ranch. Plagued by bandits. Female Hylian. (Majora's Mask)

Romani- Younger sister of Cremia. Knows that aliens are coming to steal all the cows and brainwash them. Female Hylian. (Majora's Mask)

Lulu- Female Zora. Lead singer of the Indigo-gos, a traveling group of musicians. (Majora's Mask)

Keep in mind that in this game, any or all of the above can be good, neutral, or evil.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; October 26, 2012 at 08:20 PM.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Zaccino View Post
    There could be a Ganon and a Ganondorf? A Zelda and a Shiek?

So four different players could be two people?
    Not quite. Ganondorf can turn into Ganon, and Shiek can turn into Zelda.

Depending on how the game goes, some players can transform into good, neutral, or evil counterparts of themselves.

I so want to be Postman.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    I so want to be Postman.
    Ya!

Zaccino's Avatar Senator

Is there a lot of overlap between Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, or something?

IIRC, MM is the second of the N64 games and OoT the first. So I'd assume that they're the closest chronologically.

Civitate

Is there a lot of overlap between Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, or something?
    Yes. Almost all character sprites from Ocarina of Time appear in Majora's Mask, plus a few more...

But sometimes the characters are different people entirely. They just re-used the sprites a lot.

Sometimes the characters in Majora's mask show a backstory for charatcers in Ocarina that didn't have names.

Anju for example was just the nameless Cucco Lady in Ocarina of Time. When she became part of Majora's Mask, the largest sidequest in the game (Reuniting the Couple) was made for her, she was given a name, and a family, and a lover, Kafei.

Sakon the thief was just a weird prancing dude in Ocarina of Time. Then he became a minor antagonist and thief in Majora's mask. A major part of their story arc.

Both games are really interesting, and I felt this setting and these characters would be excellent for storytelling, whereas a nonestablished setting and nonestablished characters would be less appealing and would make for less interesting storytelling.

At the last, I'm a good narrator but a poor story writer.

Gone 2 the Celts's Avatar Primicerius

I iz in your game, breaking your flowerpots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip Bohannon View Post
    I'm actually quite fond of Egyptian mythology. I'm quite fond of anything with golden penises, really.

Civitate

In all seriousness, who makes all those clay pots?

After Link's adventures, this person finds out he's destroyed approximately 18,476 clay pots, and stolen all the rupees in them. Then the clay pot maker goes on an axe murdering rampage, looking for Link.

That's how I'd write it.

Seriously Link breaks into people's homes, robs them, and smashes up their [bleep]. He's the HERO?

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

I know the main characters, Pizzaman, I just don't know most of the rest.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Zaccino's Avatar Senator

To be fair, that's certainly not unique to Zelda.

Edit: that was @ATPG

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Treva, the Renewer View Post
    I know the main characters, Pizzaman, I just don't know most of the rest.
    And so therefore I has introduced you to them.

All the rest of the ones are evil monsters, the ones I didn't include a description for.

You may not see most of those in the game. But they're all possible.

Civitate

To be fair, that's certainly not unique to Zelda.

Edit: that was @ATPG
    If you're in a role playing universe, and a guy breaks into your home at night, empties out your drawers, steals all your valuables, and wakes you in your sleep and demands information (OR ELSE), they're actually the good guys.

Believe it or not.

Civitate

There was one example I found of someone actually calling you out on it.

In Super Mario RPG, the seven stars, etc, you can steal the rose town treasure hunter guy's treasure while he can't get inside his home, and then when you raise the stairs up for him, he asks you if his treasure was still there, safe and sound, and you can lie to him and say you didn't take his treasure.

And you feel really guilty. All of a sudden a NPC cares if you robbed them blind. And now you're lying about it, too.

You sociopath.

Zaccino's Avatar Senator

That sounds deeper than any Mario game I've played.

Once I was playing Skyrim at a friend's house, and I wanted to buy the horse from the guy at Whiterun (or whatever it's called), but it was dark out, so I picked his lock to try and wake him up to buy the horse. I went in, said hello to his wife, she glared at me, and then I went into his room. While I was trying to figure out how to wake him up, his wife hit me with some kitchen item and he drew his sword. I killed the wife and was fighting the man when every fricking guard in Skyrim poured into the room and all beat the tar out of me at once.

I still have no idea what I did wrong, he could have just told me to GTFO and come back in the morning. I didn't steal anything.

Civitate

What's a little breaking and entering, criminal trespassing and casual homicide between total strangers?

So is this game set inbetween Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess? I think they are set in the same timeline, although don't quote me on that.
    YOU CANNOT DEFEAT THE GLORY OF THE AUSTRALIAN EMPIRE!!!
    Ninjas! BOOM! You are dead!!!
    I like Mafia! Play it at the CFC! (And the Org)
    If you want to invite me to something I would appreciate it if you did it via my CFC one rather than this one.
    Also, if this signature is too big, tell me, then I will fix.