Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SweetFX for Shogun 2 Total War (04nov12)

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Default Re: SweetFX for Shogun 2 Total War (04nov12)

A must have.
    I suggest you to use ONLY the AA fist option (maybe both with luma sharpen). Don't use the rest and just by this way you'll have a good solution..better if combine with unit quality ultra/anisotropic 2/4x and if possible a MLAA first level
    Last edited by DramaBelli; February 11, 2013 at 09:49 PM.

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

Thanks,

There's a new version available though.

edit. And I'm having some problem, I can get it to work neither with dx9 or dx11

edit2. solved, it doesn't work with fraps
    Last edited by Liu Zheng; March 29, 2013 at 06:45 AM.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Ah, that's why sometime it doesn't work for me, when I take screenshots! Thanks liu zheng, +rep =)

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

di niente

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Zheng View Post
    di niente
    Italiano? =)

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

a good alternative to fraps is radeonpro if you're using a radeon card, you can measure the fps and take screenshots

Hi,

I have two questions for those using this mod:

- I have used the default settings and i found it is quite heavy on the performance. What options do you recommend ? SMAA, bloom, hdr or a mix of them ?
    - Before testing this graphic tweak, I was using the AA x4 and anisotropic x 16 with very good performance. If i use SMAA, what AA should i use ?

Sorry for the noob questions but there are so many options i am a bit lost...

thanks

More than 1,500 pictures: visit my Shogun epic battle screenshot thread !

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by le_fred View Post
    Hi,

I have two questions for those using this mod:

- I have used the default settings and i found it is quite heavy on the performance. What options do you recommend ? SMAA, bloom, hdr or a mix of them ?
    - Before testing this graphic tweak, I was using the AA x4 and anisotropic x 16 with very good performance. If i use SMAA, what AA should i use ?

Sorry for the noob questions but there are so many options i am a bit lost...

thanks
    If you enable SMAA you need to disable the ingame AA.
    The same for Bloom and HDR

..but you can also reduce AA ingame and as I said before "I suggest you to use ONLY the AA fist option (maybe both with luma sharpen). Don't use the rest and just by this way you'll have a good solution..better if combine with unit quality ultra/anisotropic 2/4x and if possible a MLAA first level".

If someone knows a combination useful to mantain a very high graphic performance with more fraps please tell me; I'm curious about new, better solutions!

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by DramaBelli View Post
    ..but you can also reduce AA ingame and as I said before "I suggest you to use ONLY the AA fist option (maybe both with luma sharpen). Don't use the rest and just by this way you'll have a good solution..better if combine with unit quality ultra/anisotropic 2/4x and if possible a MLAA first level".

If someone knows a combination useful to mantain a very high graphic performance with more fraps please tell me; I'm curious about new, better solutions!
    The thing with this injector (and FXAA as well) is that you need to disable any ingame AA. Otherwise you're gonna lose a lot of fps for nothing.

In the end I removed Sweet FX for good, there was no way to disable the injector AA.

Thanks to both of you for your answers.

I have tested many combinations and i came to the conclusion i had better performance with my previous set up without SMAA.
    Strange but true...

For me, the best aspect of this mod is the bloom HDR it provides, but it depends whether you like the end result (sometimes it is too strong i think)
    Last edited by le_fred; April 07, 2013 at 10:51 PM.

More than 1,500 pictures: visit my Shogun epic battle screenshot thread !

Quote Originally Posted by le_fred View Post
    For me, the best aspect of this mod is the bloom HDR it provides, but it depends whether you like the end result (sometimes it is too strong i think)
    You can easily modify it using this http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/?p=91

OLD SIG

Liu, you're right but for example consider that in napoleon I've to combined it with a small level of in game AA to gaina (personal) acceptable result.

About Shogun I agree yes, but I prefer reduce the sweet fx AA to minimum and use a not high level of in game AA. why? the reasonable question. Because in Shogun I appreciate sweet fx for the darker saturation of the colours able to give consistence (under cromatic profile) to the whole scene, soldiers, objects, landscapes.

LE FRED: try to configurate the Sweetfx with this tool before renounce! I think it deserves a last chance, good luck

Apologies for the absence. Many has changed here in the forum. Just wanted to say there has been an update to version 1.4 if it is not already known.

The link is: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=376265

The Gentle Touch Of A Woman's Hand Can Soothe The Tempest Of A Man's Heart Especially If They Cook Something Tasty
    =========================================================

Does it works on nap/empire too the version 1.4? +rep for the info

OLD SIG

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

They all works with pretty much every dx9/11 game.

Use this one (with any DX game) as it works a treat even with 64 bit progs: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread....04#post4581604 by Boulotaur2024

Credits to CeeJay.dk & Boulotaur2024

Details are on that thread.

The Gentle Touch Of A Woman's Hand Can Soothe The Tempest Of A Man's Heart Especially If They Cook Something Tasty

hi, what about 1.4/performance report with Shogun II? I'm still using the previous version of the Sweety one without problems.thanks.

With regards to the 1.4 version by Boulotaur2024 it adds more features and allows FXAA to DX11. Gaussian effect etc.

I have had a quick play with it and so far stable with good effect.

I play with Darthmod HUGE army size without using in-game AA. As far as I'm aware no (major) lag on huge battles.

Niiiice. Thanks for the mod!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast