Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SweetFX for Shogun 2 Total War (04nov12)

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: SweetFX for Shogun 2 Total War (04nov12)

Thanks. Here are some more
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

Quote Originally Posted by Elianus View Post
    Thanks. Here are some more
    I really appreciate the Screenies. It looks pretty good, I'm hoping you're enjoying it too.

Please do give feedback how you find it visually.

The Gentle Touch Of A Woman's Hand Can Soothe The Tempest Of A Man's Heart Especially If They Cook Something Tasty
    =========================================================

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

A vast improvement I must say. The game is certainly more colourful and you can see the changes of the colours because of the sun. It would be great however if smaa could be made stronger because right now I also enable in-game AA. Smaa alone does not seem
    pleasing enough for me (though certainly better than no AA at all).
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

Quote Originally Posted by Elianus View Post
    A vast improvement I must say. The game is certainly more colourful and you can see the changes of the colours because of the sun. It would be great however if smaa could be made stronger because right now I also enable in-game AA. Smaa alone does not seem
    pleasing enough for me (though certainly better than no AA at all).
    I'm keeping an eye on any progress with regards to the SMAA. Unfortunately, mr Mhaandi, the one responsible for the SMAA injector is hard to get hold of. There is a 2x & 4x improvement but to get it implemented with the injector the source code is required.

The Gentle Touch Of A Woman's Hand Can Soothe The Tempest Of A Man's Heart Especially If They Cook Something Tasty

Does this work with 64 bit?

Actually, I can confirm that it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen Man Lt. Richard Sharpe View Post
    Does this work with 64 bit?
    64-bit OS you mean? I use Win 7 Pro 64-bit myself.

Quote Originally Posted by yobi_uk View Post
    64-bit OS you mean? I use Win 7 Pro 64-bit myself.
    Yep, it will work

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Yobi, any news about my strange problem? The screenshot of my s2 folder helped?

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Quote Originally Posted by VENNONETES View Post
    I'm afraid its hard to see only from the screen-shot. I need to know your PC specifications: namely Graphics card, OS(it appears like your using win7, 32 or 64bit?) and is it a Laptop you use?

I've tested on several rigs and can't see how SweetFX can affect playing on DX11.
    I'm a bit concerned on the many dump-files you have in your directory. Have you had many CTD's and do they occur when you use TED or install new mods?

Are you able to do a benchmark(via steam) using DX11?

despiache...

I'm afraid its hard to see only from the screen-shot. I need to know your PC specifications: namely Graphics card, OS(it appears like your using win7, 32 or 64bit?) and is it a Laptop you use?

I've tested on several rigs and can't see how SweetFX can affect playing on DX11.
    I'm a bit concerned on the many dump-files you have in your directory. Have you had many CTD's and do they occur when you use TED or install new mods?

Are you able to do a benchmark(via steam) using DX11?

despiache...
    These are ALL my ctds since april I don't have ctds from august The ctd were all in vanilla multy ^^
    I have a win7 x64 laptop
    Hp dv6 pavillion 1366x768 I have a 2.53 Ghz intel core i5 and an ATI dx11 compatible graphic card, will post more info soon =)

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

These are ALL my ctds since april I don't have ctds from august The ctd were all in vanilla multy ^^
    I have a win7 x64 laptop
    Hp dv6 pavillion 1366x768 I have a 2.53 Ghz intel core i5 and an ATI dx11 compatible graphic card, will post more info soon =)
    When I have a chance I will try it out on my laptop, too, but no promises on that because my wife and daughter uses it often..

I think I saw a similar case as yours when using ATI cards. In fact I have read that Radeon base cards have implemented SweetFX with its utility, maybe that will help. You will need to download it.

FireFreak111's Avatar Artifex

You sort of failed on the Threshold for the SMAA settings, lower is better. 0.05 is much, much better than 0.20

The file D3DCompiler_42.dll is from Superghostboy mod. That file will make DX11 crash everytime. If you want to play in DX11, you need to remove the file (move it to another directory). Superghostboy said it himself in his mod thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mike.s. View Post
    The file D3DCompiler_42.dll is from Superghostboy mod. That file will make DX11 crash everytime. If you want to play in DX11, you need to remove the file (move it to another directory). Superghostboy said it himself in his mod thread.
    I know, I tried without it, without all dlls but I can't get it working :\

OLD SIG

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

nice visual , the game more clear and lively , realy a good mod
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by FireFreak111 View Post
    You sort of failed on the Threshold for the SMAA settings, lower is better. 0.05 is much, much better than 0.20
    Thanks for the advice, I use more FXAA via NVidia tool than the SMAA but I think this will be helpful.

nice visual , the game more clear and lively , realy a good mod
    thanks... there is a version 2 of SweetFX but its still alpha stage. Will update after testing...

Happy holidays!

Funnily enough I just found out about SweetFx on the Xcom Nexus. Brilliant program! So far I've only tried it with Xcom and Shogun 2, but both are now absolutely beautiful without destroying my graphics card.
    Rome > Darthmod Med2:K > SS6.4, Rule_Brittania, Broken Crescent Empire > Empire Realism Napoleon > Darthmod Shogun 2 > True Samurai, [WIP] Mettle Blades and Skills

Tired of changing steam Launcher options for Med 2/Kingdoms mods? use Kingdoms App Launcher

Funniest Thread in Rome 2 history: The new "you got the sandals wrong" thread.

Happy holidays!
    You too!

OLD SIG

Hello. Thanks for this. Tried it and the screen is bleached and too bright. I need your help.

How does one modify this so that I only get the bloom but not the strong cartoony colors and light colors becoming too bright?

Thank you in advance.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast