Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED] Sea People Wrath - Submod

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: [RELEASED] Sea People Wrath - Submod

Amazons have a very fragile strategic position - they can simply be overrunned by Hitites. For human player it's interesting and somewhat challenging to play this faction, but are the AI showing any performance playing them? Because with such woeful finance situation from the start, amazons seem to be doomed.
    By the way, will you add third level mines, like in BI, or tax boosting buildings, like in Extended Cultures mod? And are you planning to add new portraits for amazons?
    Last edited by Lanjane; November 20, 2012 at 10:55 AM.
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Elkar's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjane View Post
    Amazons have a very fragile strategic position - they can simply be overrunned by Hitites. For human player it's interesting and somewhat challenging to play this faction, but are the AI showing any performance playing them? Because with such woeful finance situation from the start, amazons seem to be doomed.
    By the way, will you add third level mines, like in BI, or tax boosting buildings, like in Extended Cultures mod? And are you planning to add new portraits for amazons?
    I know that the Amazons have a difficult start position, but this is because the mod is unfinished yet. In the last stage I will include many scripts to create barbarian invasions (Doric Invasion, Sea People Raids, and periodically some Gasga Invasion), so sometimes, the Amazons will receive some reinforcements to attack and invade the Hittite territory. Apart of this, Amazons are an horde faction, so they can form a huge horde and try to destroy their enemies. The AI is not very clever with it, but for the moment in all the games I have played, they resist without losing territory to the Hittites.

And finally yes, I have included many new buildings to improve the economy and I will include some more in later versions.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Elkar, maybe you will find this useful (some Viking Invasion building pictures like boat builder, farms, salt mines etc.) - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3920
    They need to be edited, however, but are easily moddable.
    Attached to this post are:
    1) some UI's already converted to TGA, with alpha channels and RTW-friendly.
    2) new ship made by me for personal use. It may suit TTW, I think.
    Last edited by Lanjane; November 23, 2012 at 10:37 AM.
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Elkar View Post
    Thanks very much!

Your Coumbined Animation Pack is gorgeous, full of new oportunities, I will try to introduce it in my mod if you agree.
    Sorry for the late reply, been caught up in modding lately and forgot to check this thread.

Feel free to use, just credit these people because they all have a part in the pack as it is combined.

EB animations team
    Resef
    Rome Medieval
    Signifier1

Edit:

Mark Centurion did a fair number of portraits for a mod we worked on together. I'm sure he wouldn't mind letting you use them.
    Last edited by z3n; November 23, 2012 at 11:22 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Elkar's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjane View Post
    Elkar, maybe you will find this useful (some Viking Invasion building pictures like boat builder, farms, salt mines etc.) - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3920
    They need to be edited, however, but are easily moddable.
    Attached to this post are:
    1) some UI's already converted to TGA, with alpha channels and RTW-friendly.
    2) new ship made by me for personal use. It may suit TTW, I think.
    Thanks you for all this collaboration, I like very much your new ship picture and I will introduce it in my next version.

Quote Originally Posted by Resef View Post
    Feel free to use, just credit these people because they all have a part in the pack as it is combined.

EB animations team
    Resef
    Rome Medieval
    Signifier1
    Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Resef View Post
    Edit:

Mark Centurion did a fair number of portraits for a mod we worked on together. I'm sure he wouldn't mind letting you use them.
    I find it really interesting. Where I can take a look of these portraits?

(images removed)

edit: over at CATW Anarchon and I are working on a map and new factions etc, etc...

Anyway, Anarchon is great at all things mapping except beautifying it.

It looks fine and is huge in scope but we would prefer it to look stunning. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...0#post12280290

So would it be alright if we borrowed some of your textures or an adjustment of our map ground types file? It's fine if you can't, I will try my hand (it will be a first) at beautifying the map instead of other things.
    Last edited by z3n; November 26, 2012 at 05:59 PM. Reason: incorrect display of work
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

the two imageshack links are not my work by the way... if you mean with portraits the general portraits i can upload those later for you. don't have my rtw installation at the ready but keep it in mind and update later.

the portraits are all great fantasy art from well known artists i simply resized them and did the alpha channels on them to make them look more inline with the other portraits.

Thanks for the catch
    The AI Workshop Creator

haven't got the time to do a preview, but the portraits for the generals and unit cards are uploaded. you will have young and old versions. the old ones will have white hair. its a complete package you also get some civilians and roges images check them out if you like them feel free to include them in your mod.

the package has some surprise apperances... *smiles*

http://www.sendspace.com/file/c4mv2f

cheers

Elkar's Avatar Libertus

These portraits are very nice, I will include many of them in my mod.

In the name of the Amazons and mine, thanks very much !!!!
    Last edited by Elkar; November 28, 2012 at 05:05 PM.

welcome Elkar glad you like them.

inquisitor's Avatar Semisalis

Hi,

I looking at the donwloadpage now,it seems i need a account to download this.Do i overlook something here?

Edit: its ok now,i'm stupid lolzz
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Even Herodotus wrote...that he saw wingend serpents in arabia.
    The word Dinosaur wasn't in the english dictonary untill 1860...WHY??
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.
    And dont accept the FEMA chip....its the mark of the beast

inquisitor's Avatar Semisalis

Hello again,
    The game crashes on me when i want to start a campaign,i did everything according to the read me file.

Edit: I made a clean install of everything,but still the same issue,i can choose a faction but when i click start...ctd
    Does somebody know why this happens?
    Last edited by inquisitor; December 02, 2012 at 06:14 PM.
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Even Herodotus wrote...that he saw wingend serpents in arabia.
    The word Dinosaur wasn't in the english dictonary untill 1860...WHY??
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.
    And dont accept the FEMA chip....its the mark of the beast

Elkar's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
    Hello again,
    The game crashes on me when i want to start a campaign,i did everything according to the read me file.

Edit: I made a clean install of everything,but still the same issue,i can choose a faction but when i click start...ctd
    Does somebody know why this happens?
    Do you have Windows 7 or Vista?

In that case, try to modify the “RomeTW-BI.exe” file:

- Clicking with the right button, then click on “Property”.
    - Clicking on “Compatibility”.
    - Select Windows xp compatibility, then save.
    - Execute the program as Administrator!
    - Save and close the file.

You do realize that the "Sea Peoples" were a loose confederation of Mycenaean Greeks? After they sacked Troy they turned on the rest of their known world (for whatever reason, maybe the dorians burned down their homes back in Greece and they started raging) and sacked the Hittites, the Jews, and the Egyptians. In Homer's Odyssey even, there talks about how Menelaus traveled to Egypt with his army after the war. And there's good documentation for how the philistines in the Bible fighting against the Jews wore armor and weapons only found in Mycenae Greece.

I fail to see why this mod exists. TTW is enough, unless you're planning to add the middle east proper for the full invasions of the Sea Peoples...

Quote Originally Posted by YuilenZ01 View Post
    You do realize that the "Sea Peoples" were a loose confederation of Mycenaean Greeks? After they sacked Troy they turned on the rest of their known world (for whatever reason, maybe the dorians burned down their homes back in Greece and they started raging) and sacked the Hittites, the Jews, and the Egyptians. In Homer's Odyssey even, there talks about how Menelaus traveled to Egypt with his army after the war. And there's good documentation for how the philistines in the Bible fighting against the Jews wore armor and weapons only found in Mycenae Greece.

I fail to see why this mod exists. TTW is enough, unless you're planning to add the middle east proper for the full invasions of the Sea Peoples...
    Don't be harsh man, its not a crime to make a mod, besides, pretty broad statement you made in regards to who the sea people were seeing as how most scholars have trouble identifying who they were. Anyhow you don't need to be harsh, its' just a mod for people to enjoy and without Elkar creating this Fantastic mod TTW would be dead, heck before Elkar released his first Add-on Mod for TTW, TTW was somewhat incomplete, filled with various placeholders and such, Without his hardwork this mod and its thread would be like the other dead mod threads with new forum members always popping in creating inappropriate threads asking if this mod is dead.

Elkar's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by YuilenZ01 View Post

Well, the true reason of making this mod was to finish-improve each aspect of TTW mod.

Many years ago, when I played this mod for the first time, I found it amazing but incomplete, like an unpolished gem, there were many elements inside the mod not included in the game. As it had a great potential I decided to improve that mod by myself, but in that moment I did not have many RTW modding skills, so I had to learn by the "try and error" method. For example, in this moment I have 4 copies of this mod in my computer only to see how my modifications afect the gameplay, the stability or if something crashes.

When I saw that my modification was huge enought to be called a mod for itself, I decided to find a name and after doing a historical research I decided its current name: Sea Peoples Wrath.

Why? Well, I found a paralelism between Rome TW and Troy TW (Romans said that they were the descendans of the Troians that flee of Troia after its destruction), and like the expansion of RTW is Barbarian Invasion, I found 2 barbaric invasions in that age: the Dorian Invasion and the Sea Peoples Raids and I decided to include them in the mod as script spawn invasions and I named the mod by this form.

About who were the Sea People, for the moment, nobody really knows what happened in the end of the Late Bronze Age. There are many theories but not a true answer to explain that event.

If you need more information look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Peoples

Quote Originally Posted by b257 View Post
    Don't be harsh man, its not a crime to make a mod, besides, pretty broad statement you made in regards to who the sea people were seeing as how most scholars have trouble identifying who they were. Anyhow you don't need to be harsh, its' just a mod for people to enjoy and without Elkar creating this Fantastic mod TTW would be dead, heck before Elkar released his first Add-on Mod for TTW, TTW was somewhat incomplete, filled with various placeholders and such, Without his hardwork this mod and its thread would be like the other dead mod threads with new forum members always popping in creating inappropriate threads asking if this mod is dead.
    Thanks very much for your support!
    Last edited by Elkar; December 21, 2012 at 01:19 PM.

I am back here and i will try to upload some videos on youtube or just i will continue to upload screenshots from my campaign in my thread.
    EDIT:YOUR SUBMOD TTW FOLDER NOT WORKING CRASHES IN CAMPAIGN,DATA FOLDER WORKING WELL.CHECK IT PLS.
    WINDOWS XP
    Last edited by Dengizich; January 16, 2013 at 07:52 PM.

better bring back 0.95v it was working fine at least for me.

Elkar's Avatar Libertus

Do you have Windows Vista or 7? Because in Windows XP it works perfect.

Rome Total War was designed for XP, so in Vista and 7 it has many compatibility problems.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast