Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Default Re: Fallout 4

im at the character creation and saw theres both a man and female to choose from

In game do you use just one character or both?

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by Epic28 View Post
    They aren't radiant quests. They are progressing you through just how many settlements you can/need to take over. There are 30 individual locations you can establish. All part of a bigger picture towards allowing the player control over the wastleland.

The people ripping on this game claiming its "loaded with bugs" and "broken" are ridiculous. Is this the new direction of entitled children demanding perfection? It's unreal. Remember the days when games were just fun to play, bugs included? I have put in 15 hours so far and haven't seen anything in FO4 that's worth making such bold claims as it's broken.

It's a massively interactive game and it is damn fun to play. Bottom line. The occasion graphical glitch or dialogue hiccup that this new generation of gamer like to consider as a complete detriment to their experience can piss off and keep waiting for their perfect game to never hit the shelves at a store nowhere near you.

My advice? If playing Fallout 4 annoys you so much by the minor and silly occasional bugs, you probably don't need to be playing video games.
    I am annoyed by people complaining about bugs in this game. This is a huge ing game. This took them a long ass time to develop. The chat dialogues are not cheap. Characters are fleshed out and appear lifelike. I think they were using a green screen here with real actors. Obviously. Which is expensive if anyone knows.

The world is huge and just designing it would have taking forever. So with any open world game on such a scale there are bound to be bugs were you can see through the map, etc. The developers cannot test everything. Not on a game this large.

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    The game is basically a modded Fallout New Vegas.
    So then every game that is a sequel is just a modded version of its predecessor based on your logic? Dont buy this then since you think it is just a "mod".

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDE View Post
    im at the character creation and saw theres both a man and female to choose from

In game do you use just one character or both?
    One obviously, if you play a little bit further, literally like 5 mins you will see why.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Hint. One of them ing Dies.
    Last edited by SturmChurro; November 16, 2015 at 02:27 PM.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

What the hell are you talking about i already spent 30 hours in it but a bit disappointed. Keybinds are completely ed up plus dialogue system is terrible can't believe Bethesda letting modders fix their incomplete messy game. Previous Bethesda games weren't like this sloppy really. Why in the earth they would bind melee/grenade button in one key. You know why, because they focused purely on CONSOLEs this time.
    Last edited by gastovski; November 16, 2015 at 02:38 PM.

Honestly once I corrected the mouse controls this feels like the most stable Bethesda game I've ever played. Not a single crash and only a couple of bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade_Rory View Post
    I was very underwhelmed by the romance side of it. It feels like they're trying to compete with Mass Effect/Dragon Age but Bioware has amazing writers and Bethesda... not so much. Bioware romances feel like they could be real and plausible. I mean, in Fallout 4, Piper had been following me only for a couple of days and she went from "I don't know you" to "I want to spend the rest of my life with you".
    It just doesn't feel like a relationship and I don't feel connected to her.

Don't get me wrong. I love Bethesda games! I just don't really play them to be anything other than the nameless protagonist who can be whatever they want and do whatever they want. I play Bioware games so I can immerse myself in the stories and connect to the characters. I still get a little emotional when I think about my best buddy, Garrus.
    Especially since all I did was pick a bunch of locks and pass charisma checks. ROMANCE.

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    What the hell are you talking about i already spent 30 hours in it but a bit disappointed. Keybinds are completely ed up plus dialogue system is terrible can't believe Bethesda letting modders fix their incomplete messy game. Previous Bethesda games weren't like this sloppy really. Why in the earth they would bind melee/grenade button in one key. You know why, because they focused purely on CONSOLEs this time.
    Hold button for grenade click for melee I think. Don't see what all the fuss about the game is about. What games are you playing that are much better?

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade_Rory View Post
    I was very underwhelmed by the romance side of it. It feels like they're trying to compete with Mass Effect/Dragon Age but Bioware has amazing writers and Bethesda... not so much. Bioware romances feel like they could be real and plausible. I mean, in Fallout 4, Piper had been following me only for a couple of days and she went from "I don't know you" to "I want to spend the rest of my life with you".
    It just doesn't feel like a relationship and I don't feel connected to her.

Don't get me wrong. I love Bethesda games! I just don't really play them to be anything other than the nameless protagonist who can be whatever they want and do whatever they want. I play Bioware games so I can immerse myself in the stories and connect to the characters. I still get a little emotional when I think about my best buddy, Garrus.
    No, just no. Bioware romances are superficial, wangsty affairs and a blight on their games. All of their romance options are high maintenance, let's commiserate and have weepy sex, dull collections of tropes and cliches.

Though Beth's are just bad. But I prefer bad to frustratingly written.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    No, just no. Bioware romances are superficial, wangsty affairs and a blight on their games. All of their romance options are high maintenance, let's commiserate and have weepy sex, dull collections of tropes and cliches.

Though Beth's are just bad. But I prefer bad to frustratingly written.
    Yeah, I agree. I just kept doing good things and Preston started to fall in love with my character

I just wish there was more for houses in the settlements, like I'd love to have doorframes that can go in a larger structure, maybe you find one in a magazine down the line (which btw, I absolutely love how Magazines work in it.)?
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Protector Domesticus

Is there a way to get your companions staying in the one area or do they all stay where you can recruit them when not in use?

You can just tell them to go to one of your bases when you dismiss them.

Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    You can just tell them to go to one of your bases when you dismiss them.
    Do they effect pop limits? i know sanctuary is at its max atm.

Decided to try and wall off as much of the neighbourhood as i can, frontgate/wall so far:
    Edit:100% done but couldve been better, so many limitations with the games design.

While im at it, ive heard of people setting up bars, how does one do that?
    Last edited by SLN445; November 17, 2015 at 03:02 AM.

graphics is really bad. look like a game released 15 years ago

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    I am annoyed by people complaining about bugs in this game. This is a huge ing game. This took them a long ass time to develop. The chat dialogues are not cheap. Characters are fleshed out and appear lifelike. I think they were using a green screen here with real actors. Obviously. Which is expensive if anyone knows.

The world is huge and just designing it would have taking forever. So with any open world game on such a scale there are bound to be bugs were you can see through the map, etc. The developers cannot test everything. Not on a game this large.

So then every game that is a sequel is just a modded version of its predecessor based on your logic? Dont buy this then since you think it is just a "mod".

One obviously, if you play a little bit further, literally like 5 mins you will see why.

Hint. One of them ing Dies.
    Classic Bethesda apologist post. The game is not in any way unusually large for an open world game. Length of time to develop has no impact, I don't know why you're trying to bring it up. Who cares if chat isn't cheap, it's Bethesda, they are a AAA game company, they can afford to hire more than a few actors. And it was their decision to completely destroy any semblance of RPGness left to put in a console dialog wheel. The rest of your points are just laughable.

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Classic Bethesda apologist post. The game is not in any way unusually large for an open world game. Length of time to develop has no impact, I don't know why you're trying to bring it up. Who cares if chat isn't cheap, it's Bethesda, they are a AAA game company, they can afford to hire more than a few actors. And it was their decision to completely destroy any semblance of RPGness left to put in a console dialog wheel. The rest of your points are just laughable.
    Or maybe instead of an apologist he just actually enjoys the game?? Not everyone is as hard to please. I don't get it with you guys. If you can't stand the game and think it's a complete buggy broken mess then what is the point of continually coming into this thread to bash it?

We get it. Be gone now.
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Epic28 View Post
    Or maybe instead of an apologist he just actually enjoys the game?? Not everyone is as hard to please. I don't get it with you guys. If you can't stand the game and think it's a complete buggy broken mess then what is the point of continually coming into this thread to bash it?

We get it. Be gone now.
    Do you honestly think people who didn't like the core game would be up in arms over this? At least for me, I like the game, but you need a serious tolerance to play it. This isn't about hating for the sake of hating, this is about how broken a game can be before the consumer stops and thinks "maybe this isn't actually okay?". Sure, it's not AC Unity broken, but the majority of these bugs are things that consistently appear in Bethesda games and that they should know how to eradicate, as well as serious performance issues (framerate dropping from a stable 60 to as bad as 20 in certain areas on a good pc).

If you like a game, that's fantastic, but you don't have to hate on people who see it's shortcomings.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Senator

To be honest it's simply not that great ,not terrible(apart from the dialog and bad writing),but really nothing I would want to play more than once.Which considering that I played most Bethesda Games far more than that,it is sad especially when you see how they remove more and more RPG elements from their games.

Hyperbole...
    Last edited by Sint; November 17, 2015 at 09:14 AM.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

I am still very much on the fence with this one, I do not consider myself an overly-discerning person when it comes to games, as the majority of my roster is Morrowind and Total war, but my Brother-in-law vehemently despises this game, and I have not watched much in the way of gameplay mainly due to remembering few years back when I would buy a game and know little about it and just dived in, oblivion and morrowind were two that came to mind. But from what elements of gameplay I have seen I have very neutral feelings, it seems like fallout three and skyrim being slapped together in a way, All I ask is are there enough events and things in this game to keep it replayable? Morrowind is at the top of my game roster and it beats out KOTOR for a few reasons, mainly because KOTOR is somewhat linear, as for Medieval 2 Total war well, I just like strategy. Overall I hear alot of decrying of Fallout four and that alone is making me look through some other ways of getting this game instead of full price.

LaMuerte's Avatar Senator

I'm one of the people who is actually enjoying Fallout 4. Yes , I was dismayed with the bugs as well , even more so being an Azerty user , but within hours someone released a autohotkey script on Nexus , which settled my biggest issue. Once I actually took the time to play Fallout 4 instead of complaining on Metacritic like quite a few out there , I discovered an amazing game. I don't really understand how people can write things like Fallout NV is superior and giving F4 a zero on Metacritic, because Fallout NV clearly is not superior.

The graphics are way better , the game runs extremely stable , the AI is vastly improved , the weather system is great , the locations are very well done , and I find myself deeply immersed in a post apocalyptic atmosphere. Sure , there are a lot of things you need to get used to , like the modding system and the new perk system , but once you are familiar with them , you don't want to get back to the old system. At least that's my experience. I don't think I'll ever play F3 or F3 NV ever again , and won't miss their persistent unstability.

Trivia : A 'Transparent Bra' mod was released within 6 hourse of the game's release. Some people and their priorities...
    Last edited by LaMuerte; November 17, 2015 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDE View Post
    Lol ya I can't tell the difference between fallout4 and tom clancys rainbow six
    Last edited by tgoodenow; November 17, 2015 at 08:40 PM.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

My life is complete. Finally someone released full dialouge interface already. There is also no voice for player characters, oh man this is glorious.. just spread the love ok.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1235/?

how do i scrap the junk i carry?