Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: IB VGR II DOWNLOADS: DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS

Default Re: IB VGR DOWNLOADS: CREDITS

This is incredible - thanks to Rio and the team!
    Under the Patronage of Belisarius

Member of S.I.N.
    = Fidei defensor =

Consider yourself conservative? Five Conservative Classics

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald von Wolkenstein View Post
    This is incredible - thanks to Rio and the team!
    Oswald!!! Great to see you

Let me know what you think when you get a chance
    Last edited by Riothamus; April 12, 2012 at 07:18 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Very quite lately..Hows the games going with the patch?

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Patch? I hadn't realised I needed one, what is it for?

Signature made by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by Constantius View Post
    Patch? I hadn't realised I needed one, what is it for?
    Several units needed proprer textures and placed in the EDB for recuitment. Also a unit I found needed fixing in the descr_model_battle. See. Also apparently I didn't add cretain unit upkeep adjustments that i thought I did.

Anyway see thread
    click:
    IB VGR PATCH

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Didn't notice...thanks Rio

Signature made by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by Constantius View Post
    Didn't notice...thanks Rio
    Anytime

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Congratulation to the new release. Downloading now.

I have a one question, do you intend do implement The Fall of Rome Roman units? If I understand it correctly, there is only few Roman units from FoR, but the Germanic factions were completly reworked with the FoR units?

Quote Originally Posted by tomySVK View Post
    Congratulation to the new release. Downloading now.

I have a one question, do you intend do implement The Fall of Rome Roman units? If I understand it correctly, there is only few Roman units from FoR, but the Germanic factions were completly reworked with the FoR units?
    Hi tomySVK,
    Most units are mainly from IB Its getting a bit confusing for many unit models and textures can be parts of different mods and a few I messed around with. The British Island factions do have alot of Arthurian T- Agraes units

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

If I understand it correctly, there is only few Roman units from FoR, but the Germanic factions were completly reworked with the FoR units?
    Actually, Germanic factions in FoR have only 5 types of units (light and heavy spear warband, light and heavy cavalry and archers, +Alemani and Saxons have sword armed riders) All these units (made by Leiff Ericson) are really beutiful but I do not think there is enough of them to cover the whole IB roster.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    Actually, Germanic factions in FoR have only 5 types of units (light and heavy spear warband, light and heavy cavalry and archers, +Alemani and Saxons have sword armed riders) All these units (made by Leiff Ericson) are really beutiful but I do not think there is enough of them to cover the whole IB roster.
    Yes they really are beautiful. I did get permission and did use some(mainly general units) but I switched back mostly to the IB units in that regard

I finally find time to try the last version of the mod and it is really awsome
    Btw. Why I could not play historical battles? all units seems to be on place there.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    I finally find time to try the last version of the mod and it is really awsome
    Btw. Why I could not play historical battles? all units seems to be on place there.
    I'm Glad demagogos nicator you tried it and like it. I noticed its looking(and cant find) units such as Mounted Saxon Nobles and Gothic Warrior Nobles. I'll go through both scenarios and add or rid what it needs to work...maybe even touch it up

great I love to play HBs but they are usually mispresented in the mods.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Thank you for your replies Riothamus and demagogos nicator.

I downloaded the mod already and looking forward to try it

I just purchased a brand new ASUS laptop. I successfully installed RTW and BI (they work) and installed the mod as instructed by saving all the downloads to one folder and then installing. It UGR opens but I get an error when I try to choose a faction in the main campaign. When I close the game I get an error message saying the date cannot be read from the script. As an experiment, I copied over the Rio folder from my other laptop and pasted into my RTW folder. I get the same error. An ideas? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lioneljoe View Post
    I just purchased a brand new ASUS laptop. I successfully installed RTW and BI (they work) and installed the mod as instructed by saving all the downloads to one folder and then installing. It UGR opens but I get an error when I try to choose a faction in the main campaign. When I close the game I get an error message saying the date cannot be read from the script. As an experiment, I copied over the Rio folder from my other laptop and pasted into my RTW folder. I get the same error. An ideas? Thanks!
    I have this lap top also and use it to work on all my on my mods
    If you are not careful files will download on your Programs Files (X86) Hard drive and not in your standard Programs Files thus causing issues..can you look see?
    Last edited by Riothamus; June 06, 2012 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    I have this lap top also and use it to work on all my on my mods
    If you are not careful files will download on your Programs Files (X86) Hard drive and not in your standard Programs Files thus causing issues..can you look see?
    Hi Rio... been out of town.

I checked and the basic The Creative Assembly/RTW did install under the Program files (x86). So that's where I installed URG.
    The good news, I got it working by cheating. How? I deleted all files under the Rome Total War folder then copied and pasted the UGR files from my old ASUS and pasted onto the The Creative Assembly/RTW folder on my new ASUS laptop.

Its unorthodox but it works. However, I am running under the Program Files (X86) folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Lioneljoe View Post
    Hi Rio... been out of town.

I checked and the basic The Creative Assembly/RTW did install under the Program files (x86). So that's where I installed URG.
    The good news, I got it working by cheating. How? I deleted all files under the Rome Total War folder then copied and pasted the UGR files from my old ASUS and pasted onto the The Creative Assembly/RTW folder on my new ASUS laptop.

Its unorthodox but it works. However, I am running under the Program Files (X86) folder.
    Great and Glad It should be fine..Just confusing how things are DL to the (X86)

Hi to all! i simply luuuve these games (not only games but really a lesson of history). I have a donwloaded copy of Rome Total war 1.5 (bought from Gamefly). I am trying to install this mod but at 30% of the installation happens this message:
    IB Ultr Gloriam Romane has not fully installed because of the following reason:
    File corrupt or unreadable
    rio\data\mod_0. pak

I allready played with other mods, this is the first time thie message appear. The copy of RTW gold edition is clear but when i try to update to 1.6, after updated it ask me the cd-rom! so i dont update it.
    Thanx in advance for any answer to help me to play. Cheers