Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 4

Comes Domesticorum

Default Mass Effect 4

http://www.vg247.com/2012/10/19/mass...ard-2-bioware/

Mass Effect 4 star: ‘we don’t want Shepard 2′ – BioWare
    Mass Effect 4 – or whatever the next Mass Effect will be called – will star a hero that is not just a re-hash of Commander Shepard, BioWare Montreal has revealed to VG247. Find out the studio’s philosophy to crafting the next star of the franchise below.

Speaking with VG247 at a recent EA showcase, BioWare Montreal producer Fabrice Condominas agreed that the studio has never shied away from the fact that Mass Effect will continue after the current trilogy, but with a new hero.

We asked him what the studio’s approach to whatever comes next in the galaxy-hopping franchise will involve, to which Condominas replied, “There is one thing we are absolutely sure of – there will be no more Shepard, and the trilogy is over.”

“This is really our starting point. Now the Mass Effect universe is vast, and very, very rich. So at this point in time, we don’t even know what kind of time frame we’re going to be in. All we’re doing is more gathering ideas from the teams, gathering feedback to see several things.”

“So first, we don’t want to make ‘Shepard 2′, or Mass Effect 4 with like, ‘oh there’s no more Shepard but you’re a soldier in the universe’. So this will be a very, very different context for sure, and nothing has been decided on the rest.”

Who do you think is big enough to step into Shepard’s space suit? Maybe you’d like a brand new character who hasn’t been seen before? Let us know what you think below.

Meanwhile, BioWare’s next expansion for Mass Effect 3, the Omega expansion, has been priced and dated by the studio. get all the details here:
    Exciting stuff?

Default Re: Mass Effect 4

Lol lets see if all #retake ME guys buy it.(They will)

I think its good the ME universe was interesting-ish and it would be a waste not to see more games set in those universe.

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

I want Bioware to take a break from the ME universe and move onto a new IP, or expand on previous ones like Jade Empire.

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

I'd love to see something taking place hundreds of years after the trilogy events with the geopolitical situation radically altered and the emergence of completely new threats.
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel I Komnenos View Post
    I'd love to see something taking place hundreds of years after the trilogy events with the geopolitical situation radically altered and the emergence of completely new threats.
    Screw new threats. Let's just have Galaxy War II, a galactic scale World War II borne only from the politics of pissed off worlds and races with insane leaders.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

I want Mass Effect to remain a sci-fi with strong realistic undertones and I want to further explore race and tensions between the races to include politics and so forth. Bioware is not bad at that, I think we all agree the Loghain subplot was more interesting than the actual orc fiends and so forth lol.

What I wouldn't mind seeing and I know most of you will hate me for it... but I wouldn't mind a game that really expands on biotics and tech powers. Basically, something very similar to their current set up gameplay wise with the added addition of destructible surroundings. Can you just imagine insane battles where you're taking cover behind something and a biotic blows your cover to pieces and you have to scramble for something different. Or seeing your own biotics just ravage bad guys to shreds. I mean I always liked seeing rag dolls bounce into crap but how much more bad ass would it be if that biotic push was more like the cutscenes and guys slammed into walls with enough forces to leave a crater and a blood streak.

Maybe, and this is just off the top my head, you play as a super biotic that was tested on like Jack and you escape and are basically involved in this huge plot to find out who it was that captured you, tested on you, and why etc. And the plot would have many twists and turns with people helping you or hindering you and your own decisions could take you along a path of vengeance or simply trying to understand. You could pick your race which would alter how interactions go and perhaps open up some unique mission choices, or (to give reason to play multiple times) add some characters unique to each race. I'd want a smaller selection of possible companions like maybe two or three throughout, but with the addition of unique options per race you choose. And then maybe even in some cases dependent on your actions a unique companion for one race selection might actually be an enemy for another race you select? I dunno, just spit balling here but I think the universe is rich enough to do a lot of good things.

Comes Domesticorum

I think that whole biotic premise would be cool for me especially if the game was more of a "you're out on this alone" without the Alliance, Cerberus, or any other organization you have to answer to, and while you get a lot of temporary squad mates, you'll have to actually give them a compelling reason to join you and to stay with you, and not through personal quests, but through something more dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    I think that whole biotic premise would be cool for me especially if the game was more of a "you're out on this alone" without the Alliance, Cerberus, or any other organization you have to answer to, and while you get a lot of temporary squad mates, you'll have to actually give them a compelling reason to join you and to stay with you, and not through personal quests, but through something more dynamic.
    Yeah and just the potential of being on the run from some sort of mysterious group where you don't know if its a government or some group like Cerberus. Meanwhile you're dodging would-be assassins or merc teams sent after you.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    Yeah and just the potential of being on the run from some sort of mysterious group where you don't know if its a government or some group like Cerberus. Meanwhile you're dodging would-be assassins or merc teams sent after you.
    The only problem is that this type of scenario we'd like doesn't really set the character up to play a major role in the universe or to be involved in the galactic opera, unless the people chasing you or something are a rogue shadow organization but then it'd be too much like fighting Cerberus again.

Yeah but does it need to have that galactic soap opera grand feel? I mean I guess it could be grand enough depending on how far they craft this conspiracy and the purpose of the experiments on your character.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    Yeah but does it need to have that galactic soap opera grand feel? I mean I guess it could be grand enough depending on how far they craft this conspiracy and the purpose of the experiments on your character.
    Well I'd like it to be grand, my best Mass Effect experience was the first one precisely because of this feeling that it conveyed. ME3 but especially ME2 took it down a different road, which wasn't something I found too interesting all things considered.

The Dude's Avatar Praeses
    I hate it when forums display your location. Now I have to be original.

Completely unhyped for this. Mass Effect is dead and buried. The fourth installment, no matter its protagonist, will be nothing but an EA cashgrab and I'll be damned if I'm going to cooperate.

Comes Domesticorum

Well then hopefully we won't see you posting in any relevant threads.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Completely unhyped for this. Mass Effect is dead and buried. The fourth installment, no matter its protagonist, will be nothing but an EA cashgrab and I'll be damned if I'm going to cooperate.
    The hell it is. Whatever you think you have to say about EA and the last five minutes of ME3, the world is frakking awesome. Grand epic space opera is hardly necessary to get fun out of the world. Shephard is hardly necessary to get fun out of the world. Remember, not every story in Warhammer 40k is about Space Marines. In fact, the best ones aren't. The Shephard trilogy would be the easiest damn thing to blow out of the water even with the ending everyone wants.

(In case you missed it, that was an analogy)
    Last edited by Gaidin; October 19, 2012 at 07:16 PM.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

I agree. And beyond that Bioware always said they would expand on the universe. It's one of the best the Sci-fis out there and certainly the best in recent years. I'll make you play it if I have to Dude.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    Moderator Emeritus

I sincerely hope that Mass Effect 4 does not do to the franchise what Dragon Age 2 did for its.

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Will any good come out of this? Considering that their best people are now gone?
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

I hope you get to play as an ASARI.

A super duper commando asari.

Meh, they ruined the universe for me with that stupid ending.

If you rep me leave your name and I'll rep you back!

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

There was already a thread on this here.

Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast