Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Roma 2: Imperium Aquilarum

Domesticus

Default Re: Roma 2: Imperia Antiquitatis

Let me guess, more emphasis being put on the Roman faction?

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by SamueleD View Post
    Do you intend to put rowers on your modded ships?
    NO!
    Quote Originally Posted by ♅Sturm und Drang♅ View Post
    and definetely a briton tribe as a playable faction
    MAYBE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold View Post
    Let me guess, more emphasis being put on the Roman faction?
    NO!

Asked and answered

Good answers, Splenyi!

What about a Dacian faction?

Maybe to that too. It's too early to be talking about playable factions right now, but me and the team will make sure that there is a rich variety in factions once we can say whats possible. Hopefully we can make all factions playable, we will just wait and see

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by SamueleD View Post
    Do you intend to put rowers on your modded ships?

maybe in the future some awesome modder could model new ships from the ground up to solve this problem and cheat the engine .
    of course they'd have to figure out what to do with the rowers during emergencies like boarding and sinking.

did the big ships in Shogun 2 have rowers?
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

No, they didn't have any in shogun 2, and I suppose it would be possible, but it would probably be illegal as you would probably have to change some hard coded stuff, not to mention almost impossible for anyone outside the game industry.

DaciaJC's Avatar Semisalis

Here's hoping for your success. A mod for Rome II along the lines of Europa Barbarorum would be grand.

I suppose modding rowers into the game will be possible, but they would have to be treated as part of the ship and its animation, and not as a separate body. This means they wouldn't take any action during boardings, landings, or they wouldn't be able to die or jump off board if the ship was sinking. On top of this, it would probably increase the PC's demand for naval battles 5x.

So this is a definite no no

Don't worry about rowers, Splenyi, there are a lot bigger priorities!

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan III View Post
    Don't worry about rowers, Splenyi, there are a lot bigger priorities!
    Oh so you are a alpha tester or?

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Quote Originally Posted by VarrKhaitan View Post
    It doesn't take someone who is testing the game to know that there are more important things to implement than bloody rowers.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by VarrKhaitan View Post
    Damn people. Just give up on the stupid rowers already.

I could not Care less about rowers.
    It was hes tone, like he knew how the game was going to be like.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

This may be a stupid question, but can you only start creating the mod once the game has been released (assuming the research is done), or is there perhaps a way to get CA to release the materials early to you, like Tripwire Interactive did to the Rising storm team?
    Get to the trireme!

u got the ratio of modders to historians back to front my friend. good luck with this

You don't need inside information to see that implementing rowers is a low priority, VarrKhaitan.

I know rowers missing on a rowing ship is a total immersion frack up, but is it that big a deal? I just do not see the whole point of it. If this were a ww2 game and they did not show crews bailing out of destroyed tanks would hat be so bad? I would rather have a great game (with some serious mod ability, as the old games had,which seems like we will have than any amount of useless realism you will only notice when you are eye ing the game in the first week of owning it).

Example if you woke up to jessica biel today you would be drooling all over her ass, but give it some time and even though she is still sexy as all hell she is YOUR sexy as all hell and you just strut it out instead of found over, if you get my meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan III View Post
    You don't need inside information to see that implementing rowers is a low priority, VarrKhaitan.
    okey I said it before I dont care about rowers at all!

It was your tone "there are a lot bigger priorities!" as if you knew how the finale game would be.
    For all we know this game(Rome2) could be all about ponies and magic, for what do we have to work with, only about 10 pictures (which 5 is from the same city), so please stop claiming that CA dont know what they are doing.

that is what I meant, So White Knight away!!

Question

1)This may be a stupid question, but can you only start creating the mod once the game has been released (assuming the research is done), or is there perhapes a way to get CA to release the materials early to you, like Tripwire Interactive did to the Rising storm team?

2)u go the ratio of modders to historians back to front my friend. good luck with this

Answer

1)No, there is no way, the rising storm team was working with Tripwire, something that we are not doing, and CA wont agree to. Second, there would be many legal problems because we wouldn't be able to say anything, as the game wouldn't officaly be released yet.

2)Number one, we have taken on board some very good, and well known modders, especially for textures and 3d models, who have not yet been added to the op, but our in our twcenter group. Number 2, it is much easier for a group of researchers to colaberate , to many modders working on the the same thing especially the db, would be chaotic because of different ideas as to how the pack files should be organised. Another thing is that there are many more good researchers than good modders. Lastly, good (i mean really good) research is extremely hard, and we need the more researchers especially as the mod isn't out yet.

.Number one, we have taken on board some very good, and well known modders, especially for textures and 3d models, who have not yet been added to the op, but our in our twcenter group
    I actually dont think we do right now, it will just be me working my absolute ass off doing to DB, esf, textures and models. The modding team is still yet to be expanded, but we are waiting to expand it. We wanted to expand the research team early so that we could knock out a tone of work before release, but things are not going to plan, and people seem to be losing interest, which is understandable.

.so please stop claiming that CA dont know what they are doing.
    I actually don't think he was doing that at all. He just said that there are definitely bigger priorities than rowers (I know what you're gonna say, you don't care about those bloody rowers ). And I don't think there was anything wrong with his tone.