Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627

Thread: Roma 2: Imperium Aquilarum

Default Re: Roma 2: Imperium Aquilarum

Quote Originally Posted by Lannes1 View Post
    Try not to produce the perfect game, or mod. Perfectionists get into a rut, because they are forever improving and redoing. At some point, you have to say, enough, Michelangelo, leave the Sistine Chapel. Are you still on track to complete by half October?
    We have specific criteria we are going to fill before release, so we have a clear set of goals

Try not to produce the perfect game, or mod. Perfectionists get into a rut, because they are forever improving and redoing. At some point, you have to say, enough, Michelangelo, leave the Sistine Chapel. Are you still on track to complete by half October?

It WILL be released before the end of this month

Quote Originally Posted by General George S. Patton View Post
    It WILL be released before the end of this month
    Hurray!

The end of the month is next Friday 31 October. Therefore, 'before the end of this month' must mean Thursday 30 October at the latest. How are things going, Michelangelo?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

The end of the month is next Friday 31 October. Therefore, 'before the end of this month' must mean Thursday 30 October at the latest. How are things going, Michelangelo?
    Actually the end of the month would be midnight Friday 31 October and before the end of the month would be anytime before midnight.... of the timezone of whoever is uploading the mod

But be careful of mod release dates, they can very easily get pushed back.

I did address myself to the General. Nevertheless, yes, Magnar, I have thought of that logical possibility, viz., one minute before--or 1 second--is still before the end of the month. But, really, are we being reduced to this sophism? Do you have anything to say that is reliable? Or, are you just taking us for a round around the mulberry bush? For all the gratitude for all your work, presently, frustration and expectation will wear away that respect, if you're not careful. So, I wish you good work and a timely completion.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Just providing George and his team an extra day leeway with regards to expectations for their release. Not my place to say when their mod will or wont be released regardless of if I have info or not.

The mod will defiantly be out before November, never fear!!!

Exciting news, in case you can't tell from the new forum, we have murged with magnar mod, and are now under the Vae Victis banner!!!

Release on Oct 31st, expect lots of videos and media until then

Quote Originally Posted by General George S. Patton View Post
    Exciting news, in case you can't tell from the new forum, we have murged with magnar mod, and are now under the Vae Victis banner!!!

Release on Oct 31st, expect lots of videos and media until then
    Excellent move Sir. I admit that I am surprised, pleasantly surprised. I believe that in the future there will be more surprises.

NOW, I AM TOTALLY CONFUSED and EXASPERATED!
    1) Is 'Roma 2: Imperium Aquilarum' the name of the mod? Or, is it 'Roma 2 etc.' plus 'Magnar Mod'? Or, is it 'Vae Victis'? Or, what?
    2) Where is 'the new forum'?
    3) 'Expect lots of videos and media until then': WHERE?
    4) From where will I be able to download the mod?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

1) Is 'Roma 2: Imperium Aquilarum' the name of the mod? Or, is it 'Roma 2 etc.' plus 'Magnar Mod'? Or, is it 'Vae Victis'? Or, what?

1) Vae Victis is the name of the new mod
    2) The new forum is the Vae Victis forum, the old forums are subforums in the new forum
    3) We have a number of youtubers who will be reviewing the mod. It was sent to them on Monday and they will need a bit of time before releasing it. Until then both George and I have released some videos which are currently in the Mod Media thread.
    4) The new mod will be available on steam workshop, moddb and another external download link (most likely sourceforge). It will be released on Friday (ie tomorrow)

Imperium Aquilarum has murged with magnar mod, to become Vae Victis

Last edited by Lannes1; October 30, 2014 at 03:22 PM.

Roma Surrectum was epic if this can be anything like Roma Surrectum ill crap a gold bar the size of a log now lets not be funny Roma Surrectum took YEARS to finish this mod will take many year b4 it has the uff it needs to be placed with Roma Surrectum

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by 55jillhere View Post
    Roma Surrectum was epic if this can be anything like Roma Surrectum ill crap a gold bar the size of a log now lets not be funny Roma Surrectum took YEARS to finish this mod will take many year b4 it has the uff it needs to be placed with Roma Surrectum

Just incase there is any misunderstanding, we are not trying to be the next Roma Surrectum, but rather our own 'Vae Victis'. For a mod trying to be the next Roma Surrectum I believe AI mod has that goal