Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: THE WOLF, THE EAGLE AND THE CREBAIN SUBMOD for TATW. Version 1.1 RELEASED 23/10!

Default Re: THE WOLF, THE EAGLE AND THE CREBAIN SUBMOD for TATW. Version 1.1 RELEASED 23/10!

nothing. I've changed but still not work for me. Leave it. and prove it when a mod incorporate it.
    Thanks!

Default Re: THE WOLF, THE EAGLE AND THE CREBAIN SUBMOD for TATW. Version 1.1 RELEASED 23/10!

Kolwen did not make the eagle model or textures, he just just lowered the quality of the one I made. You should use my original one if the eagles have low unit numbers, it looks a lot better.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Oh yes, finally someone started messing up with this.

Its possible to make eagles to be not usable in cities/siege battles? If yes, I think it would be the best option to us with flying units.

Do you have proper animations for the wolves? Then we could use it for wargs too.

Great work, Its always good to see more people working on the mod.

As for the crebains, they look awesome. Its possible to add them for specific general, making them to apear only in battles that this general is commanding? aND MOST IMPPORTANT, GIVING HIM A bonus like frightening the enemy army? This way we could also add bats, as we know they werepres4ent in The Hobbit battles.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; January 29, 2013 at 08:03 AM.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

I think it is not possible to exclude eagles from certain battles. The wolves are properly animated all thanks to Briarius who created the model and animation, since I basically only made a compatible version to TATW. The crebain can be added to any general as a "wardog"but I noticed they work better if we use them as elephants with invisible riders similar to the spiders, for example. There would be frequent crashes when they were added as wardogs which would not occur when they were changed to elephants. If you are adding them as their own unit using the elephant method you can add the attributes to scare infantry and cavalry as you wish. Bats can easily be done (for someone who has the skills, not me, hehe), it is just a matter of remodelling the current crow. The animation can be the same maybe a little sped up.

Hi everyone, it's been a while since the last time I checked this forums. It's good to see that this mod is just getting better and better.

@paradamed:
    Thanks for sharing this, it helped me a lot to implement the eagles into my game. I am a total noob at implementing new units.

I'm working on a script that aids gandalf summoning the great eagles when he is attacked and battle odds are against him. So far it's working really good without making the eagles a reclutable unit but very usefull on defenive situations.

Quote Originally Posted by proximusj View Post
    Hi everyone, it's been a while since the last time I checked this forums. It's good to see that this mod is just getting better and better.

@paradamed:
    Thanks for sharing this, it helped me a lot to implement the eagles into my game. I am a total noob at implementing new units.

I'm working on a script that aids gandalf summoning the great eagles when he is attacked and battle odds are against him. So far it's working really good without making the eagles a reclutable unit but very usefull on defenive situations.
    Im glad you are enjoying it! That script would be fitting! I suggest you should try the other stuff too cause it is pretty cool too. I like specially the wolves cause they add more spice to the Orcs factions. The elvish animation is really cool too!

Yeah this is very cool indeed!!

I was thinking about Saruman summoning the crebain offensively (only when attacking) and I guess wolfs could be implemented as random encounters when travelling over Orc and forest regions.

By the way, remember to use the crebain as elephants similar to the spiders cause they were causing some crashes as "wardogs". These are the entries I used:
    to descr_mount:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    type hawks
    class elephant
    model hawks
    radius .5
    x_radius .01
    y_offset 0
    height 2
    mass 10
    banner_height 1
    bouyancy_offset 3
    water_trail_effect elephant_water_trail
    root_node_height 2.84
    attack_delay 0
    dead_radius .5
    tusk_z 2
    tusk_radius .6
    riders 3
    rider_offset 0.05, -1.52, 1.37
    rider_offset -0.3, -1.52, 0.4 ;y was 1.54
    rider_offset 0.3, -1.52, -.35 ;y was 1.54

to edu:
    type hawks
    dictionary hawks ; crebain
    category cavalry
    class heavy
    voice_type Heavy
    banner faction main_cavalry
    banner holy crusade_cavalry
    soldier Elephant_Crew3, 30, 30, 1
    mount hawks
    mount_effect horse +1, camel +0
    attributes can_withdraw, frighten_foot, free_upkeep_unit
    move_speed_mod 1.4
    formation 4, 4, 6, 6, 3, horde
    stat_health 1, 1
    stat_pri no
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec 2, 1, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_simple, piercing, none, 1, 1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 0, 0, 0, leather
    stat_sec_armour 1, 2, leather
    stat_heat 0
    stat_ground 4, 4, 4, 4
    stat_mental 8, normal, untrained
    stat_charge_dist 80
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 350, 150, 100, 400, 350, 2, 700
    armour_ug_levels 2
    armour_ug_models Elephant_Crew3
    ownership dunland
    era 0 dunland
    era 1 dunland
    era 2 dunland
    recruit_priority_offset 5

the models file entry is the same:
    5 hawks

1 3

45 unit_models/_Units/ordona/ord_hawk1_lod0.mesh 121

45 unit_models/_Units/ordona/ord_hawk1_lod0.mesh 1225

45 unit_models/_Units/ordona/ord_hawk1_lod0.mesh 10000

7 dunland

52 unit_models/_Units/ordona/textures/ord_main1.texture

59 unit_models/_Units/ordona/textures/ord_goat1_normal.texture 0

5 horse

7 fs_Hawk 0

0 0 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0

Decanus

I´d like to understand somethig: by adding the new entries to the Goblin Halberdiers (in order to have the wolves packs working), that unit will always be accompanied by wolves, or there will be two different Goblin Halberdiers units (one with the new wolves, the other one without them)?.
    Thank you all for the answer.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

No, only the animations of goblin halberds will look slightly different.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

The halberds will not have wolves, those two things are not related that way

EDIT: Ninja-Araval

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Is this compatible with 3.2?

Decanus

Thanks for the explanation Araval.
    And Nguigi, i though they had no relation, but i was not sure. Thanks to you too.
    I have a new question: is there any possibility of making these wolves mounts for evil factions?. Their model works as mounts?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by AdanJ View Post
    Is this compatible with 3.2?
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by lordargento View Post
    I have a new question: is there any possibility of making these wolves mounts for evil factions?. Their model works as mounts?
    No idea

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Its working with the eldar swordsmen but not the silvan ones.

is this entry right?

22 silvan_heavy_swordsmen
    1 1
    42 unit_models/_Units/my_units/sshs_lod0.mesh 6400
    7 mongols
    48 unit_models/_Units/my_units/textures/elf.texture
    55 unit_models/_Units/my_units/textures/elf_normal.texture
    54 unit_sprites/mongols_silvan_heavy_swordsmen_sprite.spr
    7 mongols
    59 unit_models/_units/my_units/textures/elf_attachment.texture
    66 unit_models/_units/my_units/textures/elf_attachment_normal.texture
    4 None
    20 MTW2_Elf_2HSwordsman
    28 MTW2_Elf_2HSwordsman_Primary 0

The wolves look great. I'd like to use this to try and make snaga wolf riders for my mod compilation. Who do I ask for permission?

Thanks.

No need to ask for permissions. You just need to credit Briarius for the wolves and animations and me for the animation compilation. Before you ask, Im not sure how to use them as mounts.

Thanks. Figuring out how to do this will be a good challenge for this summer.

New download link HERE. You still need to follow the instructions and apply the quickfix for the elves.

Hi, this units are amazing. Will they be implemented i some mod like Mos or DAC?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast