Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Default Re: Suggestions

Sorry for triple posting, I don't know how to manage well all this.

Dear Steph and L'Aigle,

Just to be able maybe to contribute more, do you have a map of MoE showing all regions and cities? I am trying to calculate the population per region as I look through available information, but it would be much easier if I had the map and could thus try to build a rationale per region (many of them being in fact countries for long or short periods at the time).

Best regards,

FFJean

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Steph,

That map is nonsense. Take a look at Bosnia. Bosnia never played significant role since it has been conquered by Turks. That territory is bigger then Serbian empire at it's peek in 14th century while there is no Serbia on this map at all, even thou they have always fought for freedom against Ottoman aggressors. In Napoleonic time they have even fought their independence and actively asked Napoleon himself for support. Many supported idea to help Serbia in their independence war, but Napoleon thought that Turkey can be useful ally against Russia. So, Serbs turned to Russia and with their help they've won their freedom.
    Seriously, Balkan map without Serbia is an insult.

Dear Steph and L'Aigle,

Just one question (as I am going through the "BnF/Gallica" collection of books online): would it be possible, for France, of course until 1st of January, 1806 (when it was discarded), to use the revolutionary calendar rather than the usual one? I mean, Pluviôse, Vendémiaire, Brumaire, et al? Just a quick one, because it would be very much fun in my humble opinion!

Best regards,

FFJean

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by pajapatak View Post
    Steph,

That map is nonsense. Take a look at Bosnia. Bosnia never played significant role since it has been conquered by Turks. That territory is bigger then Serbian empire at it's peek in 14th century while there is no Serbia on this map at all, even thou they have always fought for freedom against Ottoman aggressors. In Napoleonic time they have even fought their independence and actively asked Napoleon himself for support. Many supported idea to help Serbia in their independence war, but Napoleon thought that Turkey can be useful ally against Russia. So, Serbs turned to Russia and with their help they've won their freedom.
    Seriously, Balkan map without Serbia is an insult.
    We cannot mod the map, since there is no map editor. So we have to do with the regions on the map.
    Beside, this is an "old" map just to show the regions location.

The actual name of the region is
    Bosna &Sırbistan {Srbija}

The name comes from "Bosnia Eyalet" which was the name of the administrative region given by the overlord, in this case the Ottomans.
    Don't complain too much, because I added Serbia to the name, the local name, between { } is actually Serbia and not Bosnia.

Next time, you'd better think twice before posting something. Because seriously, thinking I make something without research and a good reason is also an insult.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by FFJean View Post
    Dear Steph and L'Aigle,

Just one question (as I am going through the "BnF/Gallica" collection of books online): would it be possible, for France, of course until 1st of January, 1806 (when it was discarded), to use the revolutionary calendar rather than the usual one? I mean, Pluviôse, Vendémiaire, Brumaire, et al? Just a quick one, because it would be very much fun in my humble opinion!

Best regards,

FFJean
    Not possible to mod that I'm afraid. Maybe we could change the name of the months if they are in the localisation file, but this would apply to every faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post

The actual name of the region is
    Bosna &Sırbistan {Srbija}

The name comes from "Bosnia Eyalet" which was the name of the administrative region given by the overlord, in this case the Ottomans.
    Don't complain too much, because I added Serbia to the name, the local name, between { } is actually Serbia and not Bosnia.

Next time, you'd better think twice before posting something. Because seriously, thinking I make something without research and a good reason is also an insult.
    What are you basing your research? Wikipedia?
    I'm from Bosnia. That map is totally silly for period that game is covering.

Patrician Artifex

I'm basing my ap on CA's map which is NOT EDITABLE. We cannot change the regions. Only rename them.

And when we look at the map of the eyalets of the Ottoman empires, the eyalet that match this region is the Bosnia eyalet. Hence the name of the region

Dear Steph,

Would it be possible also to send a list of cities per region? (both capital of the region and other cities?) It would then be much easier for me to try to calculate population per region. Looking through the "Almanachs nationaux", "Almanachs impériaux" and "Almanachs royaux" (although some of the information may be doubtful) and cross-checking with available data on "Recensement de 1801", "de 1806" and "de 1821", I think I can compute population per region for France.

Regarding all this, what are the different starting dates you intend to put for the campaigns? If this is already set of course?

I think that if I have more time to look through all available information on the internet (and as far as I can I will use facsimile of the books rather than any quote on sites like wikipedia, downloading what is available for example through the French national library - Bibliothčque nationale de France, "BnF" - site which is know as "Gallica"), I can really offer much help on the only thing that I can work on: primary resources and historical data. That's why I am asking so much.

Best regards,

FFJean

Patrician Artifex

Cities are the same as in the base game, since it's not possible to change it.
    Starting date of the first campagne = september 1805.

Dear Steph,

Sorry, but I have a problem with my NTW (although I have installed it with an official CD obviously and steam) and can't launch it. So I can't access the list of cities per region. Would you have by any chance a listing of all cities per region? If the cities can'r be changed, can the available building(s) in each be changed?

And finally, does it mean that I have only to look through for information regarding 1805/1806? Or do you intend, like L'Aigle with his original mod, to have more than one campaign?

Best regards,

FFJean

Patrician Artifex

It's not possible to change the available buildings. We tried, it creates corrupted save (i.e. when you load the save game, it crashes).

Dear Steph,

Regarding the campaigns, I understand that the first will start in September 1805, but do you intend to create more, as L'Aigle in LME? It is just to know if it is worth it that I look through data for other dates.

And regarding the complete list of cities, if anybody could send it to me, paste it here, it would be very helpful. As I can't open NTW for the moment (crash without understanding why).

Best regards,

FFJean

Patrician Artifex

L'Aigle did not work on LME, this is another mod.

Since we have several period in the games, with the proper uniform, it is possible that we make starting situations later, but it won't be anytime soon (i.e. I guess at least one year)

Patrician Artifex

Dear Steph,

Right, I don t know why I thought LME is by L'Aigle, it is by Iutland right? I ll try to keep in my Excel spreadsheet all I can find so whatever the campaigns you choose to put in the mod, data is not lost. It s a painful and lengthy research for sure! But I really hope I will be able to contribute humbly but usefully.

Regarding the list of cities/resources/ports etc, do you have one organised per region? Target for me is for France for example, is to use the data per department of the 3 "recensements" (of 1801, 1806 and 1821) and organise them by region. This is were it would be great to get all lists per region.

As a last point, I think that very few ports should allow the building of huge ships (for many ports, limit as you said earlier should be trade ships to frigates at most, for most of the rest, limit should be 74guns, as very few countries - UK, Holland, France, Spain, maybe Russia, maybe Portugal, maybe Sweden, were able to build EFFICIENT sea going large SOLs). On this too I am trying to gather data.

Hoping to be useful and not too much of a pain somewhere , best regards,

FFJean

Patrician Artifex

We can't limit the type of ports... But I've linked the ships to the regions .

So for example, if you have Prussia and want to invade England, you'd better capture Holland or Denmark, and use the shipbuilding facilities there. Because in Prussia, you cannot recruit better than a 74.
    Last edited by Steph; April 23, 2013 at 03:16 AM.

Dear Steph,

Thank you for the info regarding ships. As I'm trying to dig up primary info, I am pretty sure I'll come again and again, just hoping not to be transformed into a nuisance!

Best regards,

FFJean

Laetus

Hello Steph

First of all I would like to say really great job on the mod it is what I have all ways wonted, To have a historacly accurate mod for NTW great job and keep it up.

A few things I would like to see:

1. To have Flag carries when they die to have the flag on the floor instead of it just disappears.
    2.I would like to see more smoke for muskets/arty also to have it stay longer.
    3.Have units in great coats like: Line Infantry,Light Infantry,Skirmishes,Elite Infantry,Cavalry ect.
    4.To have more fire affect when the muskets/arty shoot you cant really see the sparks that come out only if you zoom out you will see it.
    5.Also with the French Old Guard/french old guard chasseurs to have more than just 1 to recruite maybe like 3 or 4, just like the arty how they were in vanilla was good instead of like 2 or 1 gun in a squad.

Its just a couple of things I would like to see.

Thanks Vincenzo